AKcoop2 package.

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: AKcoop2 package.

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

well, i noticed that the advanced coop server is getting more and more unstable. 3 days in a row when i got up and checked the servers, i noticed that the advanced was stuck which i consider a severe crash as usually tcadmin restarts crashed servers. jackals coop or xperience coop never get stuck.
adding more unstable mutators - and i consider akcoop2 to be unstable - won't help to increase stability.
when i created the server 4 or 5 years ago, i tested many mutators and finally i dropped all packs, that would crash the server. make sure the server runs stable as highest priority - "nice" mutators are on lower priority if they cause issues. thanks for considering that...
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Why put akcoop in serverpackages? Any map that uses custom files have them loaded on the server/client. This would go against working of the game. By that logic I would need to add all the system files for my upsx rework to server packages when running the maps. In practice it just works fine, the only thing is that certain items might not travel between maps if you don't have it in the serverpackages. So they'll get destroyed upon map switch on the dedicated server. Sometimes it can be good.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

strategy-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm.....and i consider akcoop2 to be unstable - won't help to increase stability....

I totally agree. There is a reason why AKcoop2 and AKcoop are not seen in ServerPackages at the same time, on any Newbies server (to the best of my knowledge).

Zero maps rely on AKcoop2. (Good plan!)
Some maps rely on AKcoop. (Surely this package is more important in server terms....)

strategy-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm.....well, i noticed that the advanced coop server is getting more and more unstable

This could be because of the recent addition of the AgePack3 package. I suggested removing this package for a week to see if it makes a difference.

It is a pity that some of these old mods (Pack4 and maybe AgePack3 for example) are not exactly compatible in today's Unreal (the game - hehe), but maybe that's the price of progress. :)

WOOF!

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Unreal
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Unreal »

VooDoo-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:52 pm
Unreal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pmWell i think thoose maps could use akcoop2 anyway maybe....

Sadly not, it's a package with a different name....

Unreal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pm .....or might be edited to use akcoop2.

Well that's true, but do you know how many maps require AKcoop? There is probably not that many, but I know of 2 from memory.

That idea is possible, but you would need a very dedicated person who would be willing to work out which maps required AKcoop and then that person would have to edit those maps. Who knows you may find that person! But that could be a lot of work for not a lot of gain. Also, it would spoil the originality of those maps and may even introduce other problems.
But you never know! :)

I guess if Patrick agreed to it, you could just remove the maps from the Advanced server that require AKcoop. That would also involve having to alter the server's map rotation and a few end teleporters. That would be an easier solution though, to the "problem".

This reminds of the "good old days" with 3 different versions of the spinner and predator. :mrgreen:

WOOF!
Well could edit thoose maps in unrealed 2 if we did know which maps we are talking about. Maybe could MRC help us with that.
Unreal
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Unreal »

strategy-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm well, i noticed that the advanced coop server is getting more and more unstable. 3 days in a row when i got up and checked the servers, i noticed that the advanced was stuck which i consider a severe crash as usually tcadmin restarts crashed servers. jackals coop or xperience coop never get stuck.
adding more unstable mutators - and i consider akcoop2 to be unstable - won't help to increase stability.
when i created the server 4 or 5 years ago, i tested many mutators and finally i dropped all packs, that would crash the server. make sure the server runs stable as highest priority - "nice" mutators are on lower priority if they cause issues. thanks for considering that...
Hi you have maybe right about akcoop2 . But we have not added any mods. Unstability may be agepack3, so we do as Voodoo suggested. Remove it couple week to see how its going. But i noticed advanced server are more unstable after major crash.

Unreal
Unreal
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Unreal »

VooDoo-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:16 pm
strategy-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm.....and i consider akcoop2 to be unstable - won't help to increase stability....

I totally agree. There is a reason why AKcoop2 and AKcoop are not seen in ServerPackages at the same time, on any Newbies server (to the best of my knowledge).

Zero maps rely on AKcoop2. (Good plan!)
Some maps rely on AKcoop. (Surely this package is more important in server terms....)

strategy-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm.....well, i noticed that the advanced coop server is getting more and more unstable

This could be because of the recent addition of the AgePack3 package. I suggested removing this package for a week to see if it makes a difference.

It is a pity that some of these old mods (Pack4 and maybe AgePack3 for example) are not exactly compatible in today's Unreal (the game - hehe), but maybe that's the price of progress. :)

WOOF!
Well there is no Pack4 in server/serverpackages.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I don't see it as progress if something becomes more unstable. Its either a mistake or deliberate (technically speaking), this seems like the former. I was always the advocate for more compatibility. Unfortuantely there's the other "extreme group" that wanted all compat to be thrown out of the window.

strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

i got a suggestion: you may have noticed that i added 3 "Workbench" slots to the control panel. the purpose of those slots is to check a complete server while it's original can be online on it's usual slot.
the "Workbench" 1 (port 14005) contains a clone of the Advanced Coop server (just added a new patch-update: 227j_38_pre4). there you could add all packages you like to test and if you consider a mutator being worth to add to the advanced server, add it there. feel free to use that "workbench"!
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Unreal wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:07 amWell there is no Pack4 in server/serverpackages.

I know friend, I wasn't talking about the Advanced server it was just another example of why some mods are not in ServerPackages. The Aura mod is hardly used any more for example, for similar reasons.

Masterkent wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 amAny explanation why it has to be removed? I don't see any obvious technical reasons for that.

No MK, that's all it says about making sure that if AKcoop2 is in packages then AKcoop should be removed. Here ya go :

AKcoop2.7z

Starting to think Asgard might have a point though. If it is 100% problem-free, then I find it odd that not one server uses it. Jacksons used to IIRC. Haha, now I'm intrigued to know if Jackson used akcoop and akcoop2!

I like AKcoop2, would be great if it was 100% conflict-free. I mean who doesn't want a little army of rebelskaarj following them around! :)

WOOF!

EDIT: I will remove the AgePack3 Unreal, to see if it makes the server less unstable. I nearly forgot about that!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

akcoop package is part of the serverpackages because we spawn pawns from that pack on the advanced coop server!
that's the main purpose of the more "experimental" packages (apart from some weapons/items of course).
the monsters used on this server come from the packages: akcoop, asgard2, electrickrall, fchameleon, hunters, kkcreatures, mutants, pack3, pack5, pack6, pack7, predator, spinner, tkr_monsterpack, umsspacemarine, cyclone2, uber3, uber5, zcu97unreali and psxgargoyle + some drop-items of the packages listed.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Masterkent wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 pm Why put akcoop in serverpackages? Any map that uses custom files have them loaded on the server/client.

"ServerPackages" may refer to two things: the array in Engine.GameEngine determined by config <Game>.ini [Engine.GameEngine] and the server packages map that contains all the packages that have to be present client-side. The latter is formed from the set of packages present in the Engine.GameEngine's array, the set of packages that are statically referenced by the current level and game class, the set of packages added by UScript function AddToPackagesMap, and the set of packages that are statically referenced by packages that were added to the packages map (this set is determined recursively). If a level statically refers to AKcoop, this package will be added to the packages map regardless of whether it is listed in the Engine.GameEngine's array or not. If such a package is loaded server-side only dynamically (e.g. by means of a call to DynamicLoadObject which, in particular, is used by the Summon command) and nothing else makes it added to the packages map, then clients won't know anything about it. Theoretically, a level can use DynamicLoadObject to avoid static linking, I dunno if this is the case for any maps used on NP servers though (lazy/no time to check).
I know these maps, I used to hve them/run them myself in the 2000s. They don't reference it by dynamicloadobject, its just maps that happen to have extra pawns and items from akcoop.

VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Masterkent wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:22 pm Maybe both use different versions of AKs.uax neither of which is compatible with the two .u packages simultaneously? What actually does happen when you try to use the 1st and the 2nd version at the same time?

I only see (know of) 1 version of AKs.uax, so I cannot really answer that.

FIlesize = 480,478 bytes

Now I'm intrigued!

Unreal
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Unreal »

strategy-(DOG)- wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:45 am akcoop package is part of the serverpackages because we spawn pawns from that pack on the advanced coop server!
that's the main purpose of the more "experimental" packages (apart from some weapons/items of course).
the monsters used on this server come from the packages: akcoop, asgard2, electrickrall, fchameleon, hunters, kkcreatures, mutants, pack3, pack5, pack6, pack7, predator, spinner, tkr_monsterpack, umsspacemarine, cyclone2, uber3, uber5, zcu97unreali and psxgargoyle + some drop-items of the packages listed.
Hi thoose pawns from AKcoop can be replaced by AKcoop2 since AKcoop2 are enchanged package. Pawns are the same. And in maintime could you pm me readme files on pack7,tkr_monsterpack,cyclone2,uber3.5,zcu97unreali and psxgargoyle?
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Don't forget that some of the maps rely on akcoop being in server packages, otherwise those maps will not run.
For example the map TheWaterWorks2 needs akcoop in server packages.....

WOOF!

strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Unreal wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:00 pm Hi thoose pawns from AKcoop can be replaced by AKcoop2 since AKcoop2 are enchanged package. Pawns are the same. And in maintime could you pm me readme files on pack7,tkr_monsterpack,cyclone2,uber3.5,zcu97unreali and psxgargoyle?
a) VooDoo-(DOG)- states the dependencies of AKcoop package within certain maps.
b) if there are readme files on packs available, you can find them on the server - use tcadmin's filemanager and search the System-folder of that server.