AKcoop2 package.

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Unreal
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

AKcoop2 package.

Post by Unreal »

Hi people as everyone or some of us know AKcoop2 package does work partially in 227 release. So question is are there anyone who can help us with do this great package compatible with 227J release?

Unreal..
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: AKcoop2 package.

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

It worked for me and I ran the dedicated server. I already gave my thoughts privately on the matter. But I have no clue or a clue what to suggest myself what would be the problem, unless there's something obvious in the log.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Glad that someone else has tried this out! Certainly has me scratching my head.

I am guessing that Leo tried with UnrealShare CoopGame, but if it wasn't then correct me. Just wondering whether this was a whole success or a partial success of trying all the summons?

Anyway, I notice the Advanced Coop server UGoldFix_v8.ini has :

bAllowAbnormalActors=False
bCheckActorPackages=True

So I temporarily tested it on the test server trying all variations of the above.
This seemed the most reasonable thing to try:

bAllowAbnormalActors=True
bCheckActorPackages=False

Here is a list of the ones I could summon. The ones in red are the ones I couldn't summon.

PAWNS
------------
summon AKcoop2.dragonfly 
summon AKcoop2.hornet
summon AKcoop2.hatchling
summon AKcoop2.icetitan
summon AKcoop2.packhunter
summon AKcoop2.deathhunter
summon AKcoop2.minion
summon AKcoop2.manta111x
summon AKcoop2.nester
summon AKcoop2.squid2
summon AKcoop2.drone
summon AKcoop2.mech
summon AKcoop2.naliinfest
summon AKcoop2.rebelskaarj (friendly) 
summon AKcoop2.spitfire (friendly)   *It summons but activating it doesn't work
summon AKcoop2.cannond2 (destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannond3 (destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannond4 (destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannon2 (non-destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannon3 (non-destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannon4 (non-destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.Evol
summon AKcoop2.Samain
summon AKcoop2.Gruel
summon AKcoop2.wasp
summon AKcoop2.craptor
summon AKcoop2cow Yeah the mad cow (first seen here)

WEAPONS
----------------
summon AKcoop2.karimea 
summon AKcoop2.skaarjrazor 
summon AKcoop2.scattergun 
summon AKcoop2.bouncer 

Items
--------
summon AKcoop2.radiance 
summon AKcoop2.biobelt 
summon AKcoop2.airboots 
summon AKcoop2.rose1 
summon AKcoop2.taryd 
summon AKcoop2.rebel   *It summons but activating it doesn't work
summon AKcoop2.tnt 
summon AKcoop2.rose2 
summon AKcoop2.hover 
summon AKcoop2.naligod 
summon AKcoop2.ammobox 
summon AKcoop2.egg   *It summons but activating it doesn't work
summon AKcoop2.potion

Let me know if your partial success looks similar to mine. Looking at the list above Unreal, I would say that "partial" success should be changed to "minimal" success. :P

Hope the above might prove useful anyway. I bet Masterkent could definitely shed more light on this one.

WOOF!
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I did test it on default unrealshare coopgame without ugoldfix or anything else.
I did not try summoning but I encountered all those [pawns all around, got killed multiple times by deathhunters that were visible and all.

VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Masterkent wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 pm .....make sure that this package is included in the ServerPackages array in the first place.

AKCoop2 was included in the ServerPackages when I tested it (twice now) on the Test server.

It's just intriguing why it only partially works, but that's beyond me. :)

WOOF!
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Masterkent wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:10 pm I just tried to join the Test server 1 and the Advanced Coop server; in both cases UGoldFix clearly indicated that AKCoop2 is not in ServerPackages.

In the case of test server 1, that's only because it has since been removed, due it not working properly.

The Advanced Coop server has not been used for testing AKCoop2 at all, in order to avoid disruption, so no, it won't be in packages there, until it works on the test server.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Just saying but I did include ak2t and aks in the serverpackages too.

Oh and also, the mutator has to be running, I believe akcoop2 won't work on its own until its placed in the map or the mutator is running. That might be actually why you can't summon them normally. There was some variable iirc with those pawns that cause it, now I remember. There was something like that with the serpentine mod as well.

Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

The thing with akcoop2 is that the code is hidden. However there is some interesting variable called bverbose, for example on evol which might cause this behavior. Not all sure though.

VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 amThe thing with akcoop2 is that the code is hidden. However there is some interesting variable called bverbose, for example on evol which might cause this behavior. Not all sure though.

Yes the bVerbose variable determines whether the Evol (and Samain and Gruel) "speak". For example the Samain says "I'll swallow your soul", if bVerbose is set to True.

I only get partial success with AKCoop2 offline also, with the results being as described in my list above, even when I specify it as a mutator. Im gonna try it with 227i later today.

I wonder where Asgard is nowadays and what he is doing now. :)
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

VooDoo-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 am
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 amThe thing with akcoop2 is that the code is hidden. However there is some interesting variable called bverbose, for example on evol which might cause this behavior. Not all sure though.

Yes the bVerbose variable determines whether the Evol (and Samain and Gruel) "speak". For example the Samain says "I'll swallow your soul", if bVerbose is set to True.

I only get partial success with AKCoop2 offline also, with the results being as described in my list above, even when I specify it as a mutator. Im gonna try it with 227i later today.

I wonder where Asgard is nowadays and what he is doing now. :)
Do you get evols at all when using the mutator? Or is it just the summoning? Afaik brutes are mostly replaced by icetitans, samains and evols or gruels.

VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

I am guessing Unreal (the player - hehe) wants to use the package for summoning and definitely doesn't want the mutator running at all.

The advanced coop server already has akcoop in packages, but the test server doesn't. Which makes me wonder if this is why it was working properly (nice one MK!) on Test Server 1 yesterday.

(from the AKCoop2 readme)

Note*
If you had AKcoop ver 1 in your serverpackages you will need to remove it.

I was told that it had already been tested on the Advanced Coop server without AKcoop version 1 in packages, but I will test it again this afternoon.

EDIT: If AKCoop2 and AKCoop are mutually exclusive for ServerPackages, then presumably it will be impossible for the Advanced server to have both packages under ServerPackages, because some maps rely on AKCoop.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Unreal
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Unreal »

Hi i think in readme mean you have to remove all akcoop files from server folders. If i dont remember wrong i had issue with that in old times. Akcoop files interferer with akcoop2. Make akcoop2 wont run properly. Maybe the problem are akcoop.
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Unreal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 pmMaybe the problem are akcoop.

Yes but the problem is, some of the maps rely on akcoop being in server packages, otherwise those maps will not run.

For example the map TheWaterWorks2 needs akcoop in server packages.....

I don't ever recall seeing AKCoop and AKCoop2 being listed under server packages at the same time, this would seem to be the reason........

Unreal
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Unreal »

VooDoo-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:24 pm
Unreal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 pmMaybe the problem are akcoop.

Yes but the problem is, some of the maps rely on akcoop being in server packages.
For example the map TheWaterWorks2 needs akcoop in server packages.....
Well i think thoose maps could use akcoop2 anyway maybe or might be edited to use akcoop2.
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Unreal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pmWell i think thoose maps could use akcoop2 anyway maybe....

Sadly not, it's a package with a different name....

Unreal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pm .....or might be edited to use akcoop2.

Well that's true, but do you know how many maps require AKcoop? There is probably not that many, but I know of 2 from memory.

That idea is possible, but you would need a very dedicated person who would be willing to work out which maps required AKcoop and then that person would have to edit those maps. Who knows you may find that person! But that could be a lot of work for not a lot of gain. Also, it would spoil the originality of those maps and may even introduce other problems.
But you never know! :)

I guess if Patrick agreed to it, you could just remove the maps from the Advanced server that require AKcoop. That would also involve having to alter the server's map rotation and a few end teleporters. That would be an easier solution though, to the "problem".

This reminds of the "good old days" with 3 different versions of the spinner and predator. :mrgreen:

WOOF!