Useful sounds for mappers

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Useful sounds for mappers

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Over the years I have collected/edited/made WAV clips. Lately I have been interested in the map DIG and reworking the audio for that map (maybe later for DUG as well). I am not entirely sure why the map DIG appeals to me so much, maybe it's because it's so early on in the campaign and has "the skaarj surprise in the dark" part. I may not get my project finished until 2849 so I thought I would put some of the oneshot WAVs I have up for download. Later I will add a collection of industrial WAVs that loop (not quite finished this one yet), so, probably in 3849. :cheesygrin:

Keywords for these sound clips would probably be :

Factory
Industrial
Machinery
Manufacturing
Mechanical
Metallic
Mining
Tools

Just noticed a lot of those begin with "M" :o , anyway......

I have converted the vast majority of them to 16 bit, 22.05 kHz but a few of the longer clips have been reduced to 11.025 kHz to keep the filesize down as much as possible.

I hope they might come in useful for someone. There is no readme and I don't want any credit; I can't even remember where half of them came from in the first place! It's just a bunch of WAVs. It might save someone a lot of time though if they are creating an "industrial-style" map.

industrial_wavs_oneshot.7z

I have more collections of other genres of sounds, if anyone is interested or needs some "new" sounds.

WOOF!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Useful sounds for mappers

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

It was pointed out to me that these wavs might be more immediately useful in a UAX file!
I chose not to do this at first, because somebody might only have wanted to use a few of them, but anyway here they are as a UAX file with 4 groups :-

Industrial
Machinery
Metallic
Other (basically ones that didn't fit in the above - haha)

There are 78 sounds in this one, but I will be adding other collections.

industrial_wavs_oneshot.7z

WOOF!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche