Unreal PSX E1P2 LITE released

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
yrex
FOD
FOD

Unreal PSX E1P2 LITE released

Post by yrex » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Leo (T.C.K.) wrote:Basically, a rushed out LITE release without the final level of E1... Due to heavy IRL problems and having to "hit the road", more in LITE.txt in help. I hope to be able to return to this soon and release the full version. Multiple years of work went into this including some losses of data. Episode 1 was the most unfinished with most maps missing in the first place, from everything recovered.
I hope you enjoy what has been "finished" so far.

See everything in help directory.
DOWNLOAD (mirror)
Required files
Patch
Patch 2
Last edited by yrex on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: Unreal PSX E1P2 LITE released

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:27 pm

I thought of a way to fix the staircase problem by having a lodmesh(not staticmesh) and a mover for e1l7d which is imo the only map need in fixing,
for the display purpose only, meaning the real stair movers would still be there but being hidden or their surfaces set invisible while a second non colliding mover with lodmesh woud be layered on top of it. This way the compatiility will be preserved. I cannot execute this plan as I'm without the laptop that runs Unreal where I am now and I am very busy and in need of funding soon as I spent about everything to get here and lost something on top of that.

So...I do agree for yrex to issue a patch for upb-e1l7d with the solution I explained, he just needs to make sure that levelsummary is not in the level
so it stays 225 compatible. I also wanted to add two stonewomen in that level but forgot about it. They should be at the sides in the passage with pillars after the ruins part and before the frozen aztec lake.

I can't think of anything else. I'll notify yrex of this solution so a patch can be uploaded to moddb for this map or "hotfix".

Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:06 pm

I am talking about the two staircases that raise up/unfold during the aztec pyramid altar part. Another stonewoman could be ready there once the altar raises up (which is what I thought of before too - just forgot about due to the hurry).

yrex
FOD
FOD

Post by yrex » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Added a patch.

E1L7D:
- fixed some events not triggering on non-227
- fixed invisible stairs in aztec pyramid
- added some stone women

E1L5Mine:
- removed the nonfunctional buttons at the end to avoid confusing the player
- improved shoot detection on the last door (hopefully)

yrex
FOD
FOD

Post by yrex » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Another patch.

E1L7D: Fixed clients crashing when entering a server with this map