The flight over Macho Grande

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

The flight over Macho Grande

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Because I have no other fitting title for this.

This is about my return to bohemia and the experiences at one of the train stations afterwards.

So I go about sitting, having a drink and waiting for a train. I notice an intimidating security guy that goes around and looks angrily at me a couple of times. After a while he decides to approach me and my partner and ask for tickets. While my partner is looking for him, I go at him instead: "What is that of your business?"

To clarify, a job of security guard shouldn't be harassing other people who just happen to sit with luggage at a bench waiting for train or having them miss a train. A job of security guard is to watch out for trouble and protect people from harm, not causing them the harm itself.

So, he starts bleating about that being his job and what not and acting all "Macho Grande" in front of a female sitting on a bench next to us, who at some point when he walks away tells me "I wonder what he's trying to stir up"

He demands to check the tickets and then proudly claims something is not valid upon not recognizing it while we had it stamped/signed on by conductors before. I had to really smirk at that point, and claim that it really is valid. He started walking away but not without a threat "Fine, but next time without those arguments, or else"

"Or else what, you idiot?" I shout back at him.

"What did you just say!?" he angrily turns back

"I said, or else WHAT, you idiot"

"Oh if it's that way.." *he comes closer preparing something* "I'll call the police on you"

I start laughing and say "do it"

Then he comes really close and start to bleat nonsense on the phone "He's agressive, called me a f**ker, a cretine a ***"

*I stand up, feeling offended while my partner holds me back*

"lets go to the police ourselves"

And we go, in front of him and make it to the police first. I tell them that all he's doing that he's harassing us, that to begin with we have valid tickets and even tons of unstamped tickets in our wallets that are valid in the area, they check us through, while the security "guardian" spouts more nonsense, repeating his story and me saying "That's not true!" and him just getting agressive while I tell them that he was the agressive intimidating guy all the time.

They tell me that it's his 40th night shift and that if I'm a regular here and that it used to be a lot worse before the security guards came in patrolling all the time.

I call that paranoid nonsense because the station used to be just fine, just like in the post office quite near, where this guy also works sometimes and harassed my mom before, suspecting her of terrorist threat..(I got to know this only later, not up front)
Because they disallowed usage of phone inside the building. Well, amazing, but a phone-triggered bomb can still go off if its called from outside the building you idiots! This is not security, it's against the security. It makes such attacks even more possible as people cannot call for help. Even though there was never any there. I call it a bullpoopy mentality.

I've seen something like this happen at Stockholm too etc, but at least the police here was reasonable and heard my story out and they apologized to me in the end and were worried that I miss my train. Quite a different attitude after all.

If we don't protest, they get away with stuff like this. That's why I resist. Why it's a must if freedom has to be on the winning side. If you don't want it to turn into another 1984.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: The flight over Macho Grande

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I've seen other guard do the same thing and winning, leaving a vulnerable person scared and having to leave btw.

This is not acceptable. I will not tolerate things like this no matter where I go.

So the police was right that it never escalated this way, because everyone else got scared by threats. The city people aren't used to stand up for themselves or having to.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: The flight over Macho Grande

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

i guess my reaction would have been about the same, leo. i agree with you!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]