To Avast users!

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
Masterman
FOD
FOD

To Avast users!

Post by Masterman »

Sweet deals are being offered by this wonderful software Anti virus!

Avast Pro with Internet Security - $30! (if upgraded)

http://www.avast.com/internet-security

I went ahead and bought it after being a loyal free user for 5+ years. Good for 1 year and can be installed on 3 different machines. So far it has been kick-BUTT running on Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. A "Noticeable" improvement ;) :geek:
cpuenvy
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Re: To Avast users!

Post by cpuenvy »

You should look at Microsoft Security Essentials, which outperforms Avast! in individual tests.
Masterman
FOD
FOD

Post by Masterman »

cpuenvy wrote:You should look at Microsoft Security Essentials, which outperforms Avast! in individual tests.

Have, done, experienced...worthless.

I only install software like that on peoples PC's that have no clue as to what they're doing. Comodo is is much better program for clients that need special "assistance." :roll:
cpuenvy
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by cpuenvy »

Masterman wrote:
cpuenvy wrote:You should look at Microsoft Security Essentials, which outperforms Avast! in individual tests.

Have, done, experienced...worthless.

I only install software like that on peoples PC's that have no clue as to what they're doing. Comodo is is much better program for clients that need special "assistance." :roll:
That's why I suggested it, because it's what I put on all my home user's computers ;) Avast! likes to give the user popup alerts all the time and needs much more interaction than MSCE. Most people I work with freak out if anything asks them for any input whatsoever.

For my large clients with domains, I use NOD32.