My Logitech M187 wireless mouse

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
Cap'n Hands
FOD
FOD

My Logitech M187 wireless mouse

Post by Cap'n Hands »

It won't work at all. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've took the battery out and re-inserted it, turned it off and on, and I took out the flash drive and re-inserted it. Nothing works. Even when I try to troubleshoot it, it says that the "USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0," which is complete nonsense, because it was working COMPLETELY fine earlier. This is pushing me over the line. It's ticking me off. I've run out of options. Any advice?
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: My Logitech M187 wireless mouse

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

well, i'm not at all a fan of wireless mouses. the mouse is paired with the computer? did you try to re-install drivers/mouse configuration utility? do you recall what were the last actions you did, before it stopped?
stupid question: you checked, that the batteries you changed are healthy? ;)
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Cap'n Hands
FOD
FOD

Post by Cap'n Hands »

We ordered it separately. I do recall playing Unreal Tournament for a little bit, until I did some scanning with AVG, and then I took a nap. My sister used the laptop while I was asleep. When I got back on, the mouse didn't work at all. And no, I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I'm afraid it might mess something up. :P
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

did you check the scan-log of AVG? could it be, that the virus-scanner put some files into quarantine?
...and did you ask your sister, what she did?
to be honest, i don't think it can get messed up more, if you try to reinstall the logitech stuff.
my guess is that avg found some (false) positive and made a file unaccessible. if the hardware is ok, there is a driver-related problem. also you should try some other usb port than you used before.
Cap'n Hands
FOD
FOD

Post by Cap'n Hands »

She was on Tumblr the whole time. Yeah, AVG found some items and put them in the Virus Vault (that's what it's called), and I deleted them. Well, I guess I could give it a go, and try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. May I ask, how do I do it?
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

visit the logitech website http://www.logitech.com and search your device within the downloads or products section. i think there is only the setpoint software needed. install it and put the receiver-stick into a different usb port. make sure to check the files that should be deleted or put into quarantine on the next avg scan.

hopefully that fixes your issue
Cap'n Hands
FOD
FOD

Post by Cap'n Hands »

Changing USB ports and uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers didn't work. We're probably gonna have to get a new one. :/
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

in case you should have another pc around, you could try to install the mouse there, then you can be sure, if the problem is the mouse or your notebook.
but yes, devices might break as well... you might consider to buy a corded mouse - less problems imo
Cap'n Hands
FOD
FOD

Post by Cap'n Hands »

So, the problem was...the battery died, which is weird because I've been having this for a month now. I guess I was worried for nothing. Sorry. You can close this thread.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

ah ;) - so you didn't test the battery...
well, you need to know, that even a battery that you buy as "brand new" in the shop, can be in bad shape if it has been stored too long or on a bad spot (too hot e.g.)

ok, glad that the problem is resolved now!
we don't close or delete threads (only in very rare cases and for a really severe reason)