Bad maps leaving me stranded

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Bad maps leaving me stranded

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I returned at 4:00 home last night. I walked to a village that I knew through a forest. Then my boyfriend suggests that we take a path through up because its shorter and we should return home sooner and end up where we are.

It didn't happen. The map we had mislead or or someone placed warpzones on our path because it doesn't make sense. We ended up at the top of a mountain in the end because we had no choice but to follow the path. I could see stuff from across country border and all. We decided to walk down through a place where skiing takes place but when the snow isn't there there are artificial stones all around and it's a hell to walk down and its such a long way than it even looks. At some point we tried to sleep at a more safe place but because of thirst and our water running out we had no choice but to keep going throgh the pain. It took us hours to get down. And I ended up supporting him by my shoulder as he was without footwear (river took it).

EDIT: The map is more than 5 years old as it turned out. Thanks for selling it to us like it was new.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Bad maps leaving me stranded

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:34 pm EDIT: The map is more than 5 years old as it turned out. Thanks for selling it to us like it was new.

Clearly this map needed pathnoding! :mrgreen:

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: Bad maps leaving me stranded

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

That's for sure! :P

Bad maps in Unreal can leave you stranded too, but I'd only need pathnodes if I was an AI technically.

I hope I'm not an AI.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959