Thursday is Off due to Religious New Year

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Thursday is Off due to Religious New Year

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

Anything that has to do with Real Life and Serious Issues is something I would like to add: I won't start with "Epsilon Here!" or "Student Epsilon Here!" Because I think this is disrespectful to add in an intro that has to do something fortunate or unfortunate topic that has to do with something with my daily life.

Without further ado, Let's Begin...

The School follows any Holiday of the Government and its own schedule. But this Week's Thursday is the day off due to celebration of an Islamic Holiday here on Egypt, called the "Hijri New Year."

The Hijri New Year is a Religious Feast where we all celebrate the new Hijri Year of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), What that means is that we all honor Prophet Muhammad after his immigration from Mecca to Medina because of the torture he and his followers experienced from the Heretics by the name of "Kuraysh."
It will be 1439 Hijri Year, which makes me feel blessed from Allah (God), because he made us all safe and happy after we prayed for him.

Hijri, which has to do with the word "Hijra," means Immigration in Arabic.

Best Regards.

1 من محرم 1439ه
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Thursday is Off due to Religious New Year

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hi epsilon,
i understand that this is an important day for you and i respect your belief. yet it'd be useful, if you could post everything that is not related to real life issues, e.g. injuries, life-related problems,... to the "general stuff not related to unreal" forum.

besides that, we try to keep politics and religion off the forum and servers. personal opinion and belief is respected of course, but let's keep it "unreal-related" here. thank you!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

I respect about what do you think about this topic, but I didn't notice I wasn't supposed to add in Religion to the Topic.
It was only because I'm proud, but otherwise I may have posted this in the wrong forum. My sincere apologies, Strategy!
Perhaps I can take this topic and send it to the "General Posts Not Related to Unreal?"

Best Regards, and sorry again for bringing this topic in the wrong place and talking about religion.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

no problem epsilon, i moved the thread already.
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

To me, personally speaking, it would be fine. But this is not my place.

I tend to have open mind to people of all kind of religion and background.

In these times Muslims are often shunned. I met bad muslims and good muslims. But more good ones actually.

The worst one I met was actually a "respected" chirurgist/surgeon, but he wasn't from Egypt or anywhere near.

I forgot where he came from but it was from one of those countries more to the south, practically a black man.

But I don't mind if someone talks about his religion. It must be respected.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- »

What a coincidence, today is the Jewish new year!
And it is indeed a genuine coincidence, since the Jewish calendar is a lunisolar calendar, hence the dates do move back and forth a bit with respect to the Gregorian calendar, but remain at about the same time (generally September to October), while the Islamic calendar is purely lunar, hence the dates slowly cycle round the Gregorian calendar. (For instance, I see that for the past 10 years, the Islamic new year has been moving from December, to November, to October, and now to September).

As for "hijra", the cognate in Hebrew is the verb היגר (higer) meaning "to migrate/immigrate/emmigrate"

EDIT:
After some further research, I see it's not exactly a coincidence, as both calendars celebrate the new year on the new moon. The difference is merely *which* new moon. The Islamic calendar counts every 12 lunar months as a year, while the Jewish calendar sometimes adds a 13th month to keep its months aligned with the solar year and the seasons. The Jewish and Islamic new years line up for 3 years at a time, then go out of sync for 30 or so years until they realign.
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Ooh! Nice Research and Information you got there, Andre!
I do respect all Religions, no matter what their beliefs are, I'll leave it be until God takes his decisions.
But as Strategy said, let's leave it be like this not to cause problems with Religion talk.

Best Regards. :)

Sleeping Time: Ranges Between 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM, rarely on 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM, depending on my choices. (With the exception for Thursday).

School Shift Starts in: 7:30 AM

(Fact: I wake up at 6:00 AM so that I can easily and quickly prepare myself).