PC Repaired

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

PC Repaired

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

Xangent Here!

i finally decided to fix my old computer so that I'd be able to use it instead of my laptop so that I'd be able to do things easier! Finally!

But the problem is: I'll need to download Unreal in order to play with you guys again. Therefore, I may say that you may have to wait patiently until I get the game into my old repaired PC again.

Best Regards. :)

WOOF!
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: PC Repaired

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Presuming you still have Unreal on your laptop, it's actually as simple as just copying the entire Unreal folder to a USB stick/DVD then pasting it to the other machine. Obviously you will have to manually create a shortcut to Unreal.exe and/or UnrealEd.exe.

Note that UNR files will not be associated automatically with Unreal.exe (in the windows registry), so if you want the abiltity to double-click a UNR file, then right-click any UNR file from the maps folder, choose "Open With", select Unreal.exe and then choose "Always use the selected program" (or whatever the equivalent is on your version of windows).

This is what I do, every time I want Unreal on another machine and has always worked.

If you choose to go another way, then I recommend backing up your cache folder to USB/DVD(s) so you can easily transfer the entire contents of the Cache folder to the "new" machine. Well, I recommend backing up the cache folder on a regular basis anyway....

WOOF!

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Missionary2001
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Missionary2001 »

I think you are playing from Steam. If so you must download it to play. With non-steam version you just need to copy it from somewhere like USB/DVD/Portable HD Drive :)
I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Epsilon Here again,

So, I thought it would take a long time for me to get the game, but I realized I would simply transfer the game to the flash memory, but the problem is I can't let myself take my father's USB flash drive because I (simply) don't want to cause problems with the USB flash drive, so once again, please wait until I could get the game onto the repaired PC via downloading it.
Missionary2001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:13 pm I think you are playing from Steam. If so you must download it to play.
I used Steam once, but then I felt like it wasn't the program I wanted, so the Unreal Gold included in my PC isn't a Steam version, but an average version.

WOOF!
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Do you play from Steam Missionary?

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Missionary2001
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Missionary2001 »

Yes i do play from steam - Unreal Gold but i have also the orginal Unreal game also without gold version in Portable HD Drive and all the Cache files there.
I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Epsilon Here again!

Good news! I decided to use the idea of the USB! I asked my father to use his USB so that I would convert all my games, and he replied with:

"Sure, Seif; but first help your mother, then I'll give you my USB for converting all what you needed."

By which, I'll help my mother on things due to the fact she's sick (Her left arm has some type of effect on the shoulder bone, while her stomach hurts a little bit), so that I could take the USB and finally convert my files to my repaired PC.

I added a Terabyte hardware so my convenience is too high already, yay! :D

WOOF!