Cough Cough

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
GoodOleTaco

Cough Cough

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Dealing with a 3 week old cough. Had shots..gone thru 3 bottles of antiobiotics, cough syrup, home remedies and whatnot. :(

Nothing working!
Masterman
FOD
FOD

Re: Cough Cough

Post by Masterman »

Are the coughs productive? As in is any mucus coming up?

If not, I'm sure you could find a Pharmacy with a codeine or other opiate based cough syrup down there in Mexico ;) ...

The worse thing for your respiratory system is unproductive coughing, as it damages capillaries etc and doesn't allow for proper healing.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Any better Taco? Also sounds like Kami may be in the hospital as well.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Went to the E.R the get checked up...Dr just asked some questions, did test for H1N1 which meant shoving a burrito sized cotton swab up my nose. I swear...I think I felt it touch the bottom part of my brain.

So this lady says lungs ok...while im coughing like there is no tomorrow. She gives me a prescription for a syrup...like I havent gone through 3 other bottles..lol. So I go to ERs pharmacy..(we get the meds free) and they are out! hehe.SO i got to go buy it on my own..so I get syrup and still coughing like a sick dog..no pun intended. :D
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Hope the new sirop helps !
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Post by Rose »

Get well

Perhaps an aerosol pump for lungs, like what you see for asthma, will open it all up in there and allow for the phelm to loosen and break up. Perhaps something to mention if the syrup doesn't work?

Take care
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Tea spoon full of honey. Cut back on the hot sauce.
>KamiKazi<-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by >KamiKazi<-(DOG)- »

Hope you getting soon better

take care
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Gone thru 4 shots of antiobiotics, 3 bottles of antiobiotics pills, 2 bottles of honey, 1 bottle of honey with ecualyptus and mint leaves, Pills for the flu, 2 bags a herb called Gordolobo (uknown name in english), 2 boxes of mint leave tea bags.

Now im taking benzonatate (Tessalon Perles) and Dextromethorphan. Its helping a bit with the cough. At this point im open to home remedies. This lady at church told me to fry a tomato...stick in a sock and put the sock on. I think I will leave that as a last option or until the price of tomatoes goes down :mrgreen:
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

It was so hard not to laugh while she was telling me this...she was so serious. :lol:
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

X2Alpha wrote:It was so hard not to laugh while she was telling me this...she was so serious. :lol:
So?? Did it work or not ? :mrgreen:

Ow, we DO wanna see pics of that !!!
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Will try it next time I cook spaghetti. Kill to birds with one tomatoe. :D
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Oldsparky wrote:Tea spoon full of honey. Cut back on the hot sauce.
Found this site : http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_coughs.htm and it says
Try eating hot chili peppers, horseradish or other spicy foods. They will help loosen mucus.
Rub the padded area below your big toe in various directions at the first sign of a cough. Also, hold back the toes and press on the raised area with your thumb. This will help relieve chest congestion.
Cayenne pepper Mix 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of pepper in a glass of water and use as a gargle, swallowing afterward. You can also use 15-20 drops of Tabasco sauce in a glass of water or juice. Pepper helps clear congestion and draws blood to the throat to fight infection.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

...after 4 yrs..the cough is finally gone ;)
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

New cough, 2 weeks old :shock: