Gator Obituary

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
Oldsparky

Gator Obituary

Post by Oldsparky »

OBITUARY NOTICE

Scott A. "Skip" Keeler, age 54, of Bunnell, Florida, passed away on October 16, 2013 at the Stuart F. Meyer Hospice House in Palm Coast, surrounded by his family. Born and raised in Rochester, New York, Skip relocated to Daytona Beach in 1983, where he lived for ten years before moving to Bunnell in 1993. He worked as a truck driver for many years, making long distance trips all over the United States, before becoming recently disabled. He enjoyed riding his motorcycle and listening to classic rock music. Above all, Scott was a devoted husband, father and grandfather, and he will be deeply missed.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Gator Obituary

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

very sad news! my sincere condolences. :(
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

I only came across this post/thread today. It is kind of sad and happy feeling at the same time.....

I remember posting about this on Oldunreal about 4 years ago, but didn't know until today that it was mentioned here on Newbies already.

Gator was a player I have probably played more with than any other until his passing. He was indeed a gentle guy whose warmth and wry humour could be felt even through the detached medium of the internet. He was involved in a situation where he accidentally got stabbed in the liver (his words), even though he wasn't involved in the fight. He didn't give much more detail than that, probably for obvious reasons. This led to complications for him in later life.

What's sad (but with a smile as well) is that this initial post is by Glen, who has passed, about a guy Gator who has passed, who used to be an admin on the Herd servers, which are no longer existant, with noone knowing if the Herd server owner ViViDy is still alive.

I say smile and remember, be sad yes, but be glad you met people like this in the game. Life is too short; one day you're on the Birthday greetings section and the next you could be in the Obituary column.

So thanks Glen for posting this, WOOF! I imagine that it was Ephilim who forwarded this information, so thanks to him as well.

The 2 dogs in my profile pic are Gator's dogs, as way of a remembrance. I was very happy to see this post today.

Scott Keeler

WOOF!

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I didn't realize, I thought it was a picture you took.

Either way, I have difficulty remembering Gator. I used to see him online, but we never really became friends or anything.

As such, I don't really have the correct words, but I do feel sad for whoever really knew him and was his friend.

So, my condolences.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959