cancer

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
Solid_Snake1998

cancer

Post by Solid_Snake1998 »

my mother caught stage 4 cancer as of 2013 and she had a full mastectomy but she's making it, all I need are the -(DOGS)- prayers too help me through this and my eventual return to unreal when things are smoother. the doctors got it out before it spread luckily.... I will keep everyone updated on the progress as I find out more so please everyone I need your support. :)
Solid_Snake1998

Re: cancer

Thank you. :-)
Cap'n Hands
FOD
FOD

Post by Cap'n Hands »

I'm terribly sorry to hear that. :(
Solid_Snake1998

it's ok been my mom has been recovering very well and they plan on giving her reconstruction so she's very happy :cheesygrin: so do not worry. I will continue to update you all on news when I find out more..
PRIMEVAL
FOD
FOD

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Keep y'all in my thoughts n prayers.
Solid_Snake1998

Ok sorry about the long abscense, I have just been very busy lately... any ways my mother just had to have surgery a couple of days ago, they had to readjust the ''expanders'' that's what the doctors called them anyway, if you don't know what they are then I will tell you. expanders are inflatable bag like sacs that are placed under the skin over the chest cavity and underneath the skin. this is just the beginning part of her reconstructive surgery, they say her full healing will possibly be about 2 months..... so please be patient for more updates.
Kelly
FOD
FOD

Post by Kelly »

I'm sorry I missed this thread. I hope things are OK? How about an update?

Cancer is a tough fight but they are getting closer to making it something less scary. Next generation will likely deal with cancer in the way we currently now deal with AIDS: something that can be managed in the long term.

Give your mom a hug and tell her it's from a 'fellow traveler'. I wish her the best. It's incredibly hard to pick your life up afterwards so throw all your support behind her. She's for sure going to need it.
Solid_Snake1998

sort for a late reply. she's well, but recovering from a bad hernia.