Egyptian Society Incident Unforgettable

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Egyptian Society Incident Unforgettable

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

I cannot believe I’m typing this… I cannot believe I’m typing this very incident that seems pretty ridiculous to talk about…

A week ago, a girl in the Fifth Settlement (a place found in Egypt) was supposedly harassed by a man, and all of that was because he was hitting on her, asking her out for a cup of coffee in a nearby cafeteria (On the Run, the famous Mobil Gas Station cafeteria), she proceeded to record him in order to show the whole Egyptian community that something wrong is happening.
All the man did was respectfully ask the girl out for a cup of coffee in the video. I can translate the dialogue between the two people, but I unfortunately don’t have the video:

Man: “Hey! How about we drink coffee?”

Woman: “Coffee? Why?”

Man: “On the Run is over there! If you stay outside for too long many people will proceed to annoy you!”

Woman: “And you are annoying me as well!”

Man: “Okay, I’m so sorry, I’ll leave you now.”

The man proceeded to walk away from the woman and rode his car.

The woman claims that the man has followed her like 3 times and was throwing rather uncomforting compliments and got out of his car before recording him.

After being transported by bus to a different street, another man in the car was inviting her to transport her back to wherever she wants to go, but she didn’t speak a word and recorded him as well (the man reported this situation, eventually the video has been removed) and the man said this:

Man 2: “Listen, I could be like Uber and Careem, you can ride with me to wherever you want to go, I promise I won’t do any harm to you! You still feel uncomfortable? Well, let me get out and introduce myself *gets out* My name is [RESPECTING PRIVACY] and I live in [RESPECTING PRIVACY], despite that you never asked for these details, I had to introduce myself…
I still don’t understand why are you still recording me *proceeds to get back on the car*.”

This is becoming ridiculous, and what’s even worse is that many people are assaulting the girl, and are making memes out of the first incident involving the “On the Run” guy. I’m saddened to see that the girl’s life has now become a mess, crying all day and night, unable to get back on her job due to the hardest of times she’s facing through her life.

This is not how should Egypt be portrayed, I swear to God.
All countries have the good and bad sides, just like Egypt here… but typing this makes me feel like I’m afraid that many people will get the wrong perspective of how Egypt is… and while I do not involve in this mess, I’m sorry for revealing a problem that has been commonly known in Egypt by now.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: Egyptian Society Incident Unforgettable

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I haven't heard of this until now. What is the big deal here? Was she lying/making things up/being paranoid?

Or just wanted attention?
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

Many people assumed she just wanted attention, Leo, she was desperate to make people believe that the man has done something wrong in a manner of harassment. The man flirted with a stranger and that isn't the correct way of doing so.

Everyone (almost 65% of the people) praised the man because of his innocence without knowing the backstory behind the video, in other words, they didn't believe that the woman's words were truthful.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

So, what do you think really happened then?

Either way, I know myself from experience that people suddenly act very different on camera than normally. I can even put here as attachment the two videos I recorded during the police incident if you want them.

As in before the police was involved in any way. The battery cut off the second video though.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959