Channels going crazy in MM INF

Posts related to MM 850 and MM INF servers
Gort-{DOG}-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Channels going crazy in MM INF

Post by Gort-{DOG}- »

Lately, on some maps the # of channels on stat net are going crazy. They're normally between 50 and 100. I'm now seeing them hit 550!!
I'd appreciate anyone verifying this so I can focus where to troubleshoot. When it happens, the maps turn into a stuttering mess.

p.s. Kami, did you get the PM I sent regarding brightness?
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Channels going crazy in MM INF

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

ooopppsss I just saw it :oops:

Wow that really works, everything become brighter even without increasing brightness.
I started now with 0.3, will test which is the best setting.
Thx very much for this hint :D :D :D

WOOF WOOF
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by OoiGooEE »

Hey Ron throw that hint my way too. My eyes can't take the dark ;)
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

Work to Eat - Eat to Live - Live to Love - Love to Play - Play at Work
{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

So far I've seen this twice, most of the time I see it in DmDeck16, the amount of grenades spawned causes the channels to go crazy. I think we also saw it on the test server on 13-Mutants2, that M16 also had the same problem
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

The channels problem --may-- be related to another bug that was reported already.

It might possibly help me if you post -or email me- a readout of the actually replicated actors through the open channels. This is done the following way:

You play in window mode, and have your local console open - not the in-game console inside the 3D window, but the "Windows" console outside the game window - you open it by typing "showconsole" in game (err at least I think so, I am typing this out of my head, I'm not at home right now ;))

You then alt-tab out of Unreal, click into your local console and you can enter commands in there just like you can in game, however, you get plaintext results which are easy to copy and paste, so a lot easier to share instead of making in-game screenshots. Anyway, you enter the command "sockets" in there when you see you have tons of channels open and copy the result out ;-)
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Gort-{DOG}-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Gort-{DOG}- »

Couldn't get the console open while windowed but I managed to get a screen shot of the channel issue. This is on Deck16 at the grenade cache.
grenade_console.jpg
I was watching the grenades respawn...lol hundreds of them dropping into place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hm, this looks familiar to me.
Were there any other actors in the same spot at that time?
Gort-{DOG}-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Gort-{DOG}- »

Didn't seem to be, Kami. Only odd thing I saw were the grenades falling exactly in the same spot. Reminded me a bit of when you summon a lot of DP powerups. They, too, all land in the same spot, and when you pick them up, the sound is deafening.
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

Thank you.

I -BELIEVE- this is related to this:

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1285952043

Can you verify the setting bEnforceWeaponExistence is false or true (on the server, admin question) when this occurs?
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Thats a negative. I thought it would just create large logs and not interfere with game play. After we determine what is causing crashes I will return to 10H and enter that in the ini at that point.

I dont recall seeing that line in the ini file, and I believe I looked for it.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Here is what I decided to try. I added that remark to the ini file and returned to 10H. We will see what happens now.
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

Oldsparky wrote:Thats a negative. I thought it would just create large logs and not interfere with game play. After we determine what is causing crashes I will return to 10H and enter that in the ini at that point.

I dont recall seeing that line in the ini file, and I believe I looked for it.

AAAH!

If the line is not there, then the setting is "true" because that is default. I added a feature to 10H which forcefully writes out ALL config lines, regardless if they are missing, default, or otherwise. If you login as admin and type "admin saveallconfigs", all ini entries the current game is considering are forcefully written into their appropriate inis.

The downside of this "feature" is, that you are from here on always responsible to change the setting. Whenever an entry is "not present" in an ini file, the game will take whatever is configured as "default". What the default is, is determined by the game itself, or the mod making use of the setting. If you update your game (or the mod), the default setting of the newer version may be different from your old one. If you had the entry removed of your ini, then the default value of whatever version you are currently running is used - in other words: defaults migrate with versions. If you force all entries to be written, then of course they do not migrate, since all entries are present.

Yes, you can restore the "default" behavior of your game by explicitly DELETING an ini line instead of setting it differently. You just have to know what the "default" is for your current setup ;)

This report currently hints that the two problems may indeed be related. If you can add the entry by hand (and disable the feature as proposed) and then find the channels to be all normal, that would confirm the correlation and take one serious problem off my chest.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Minus
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by Minus »

That sounds like it could be the problem Wolf.I've noticed it with other weapons as well in some maps.Sometimes it looked as if it was raining rocket launchers or m-16's right above the weapon pick up.
“Even if things don't unfold the way you expected, don't be disheartened or give up. One who continues to advance will win in the end.” ― Daisaku Ikeda