Posts related to JACKALS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Recommendation for new maps to add to coop rotation

Post by AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 pm

hey guys ^_^
André here

I've noticed that Zora's maps aren't in the coop rotation. I know they are very hard and so might be unsuitable for Jackal's server where skipping is not available, but what about for Xperience coop?

Also, I notice you have 7 bullets, but not its prequel Xidia Gold. Is there a 227 conversion of Xidia Gold out there? It's very much in the same style as 7 bullets, I recommend it!

VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Recommendation for new maps to add to coop rotation

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi André,

AndreRhineDavis wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 pm
I've noticed that Zora's maps aren't in the coop rotation. I know they are very hard and so might be unsuitable for Jackal's server where skipping is not available, but what about for Xperience coop?

Yes a significant percentage of Zora's Episodes maps are difficult, sometimes extremely difficult if a player is not already familiar with them. Even acquiring the "code" to open the exit door on ZM4Vulcan is a very time-consuming event, which is definitely not for everyone. It is not just about the difficulty though, it is whether all the maps can actually be won and by that I mean that some maps can potentially be put in an unwinnable state IIRC. It has been many years since I played these maps so I would have to see them again in full to totally appreciate the situation. Voteskip is available on Jackal's by the way, it is only map-voting that it is not present. Either way I do not think they should ever be on Jackal's server, since they might interrupt the continuous flow of the server rotation. Whilst Voteskip might be available there, I envisage seeing many voteskips happening if they were there, so that would be a "no" from me anyway about putting them there. The XPerience server could be a different story though due to it having MapVoting in place there.

With that in mind, I will test them on the test server over the next few days/week, so if you or anyone else wishes to investigate them further please find me in-game or send me a message saying when you would wish to test them with me.

AndreRhineDavis wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 pm
Is there a 227 conversion of Xidia Gold out there?

To the best of my knowledge, no. As I have never really got into UT (or been a member at unrealsp.org), I cannot guarantee that that is true. There may be someone in the process of doing it, but I honestly cannot answer you with 100% certainty. There may be technical reasons why a 227 port of Xidia Gold is not possible, but that question would be better addressed at the Oldunreal forum. Someone else here may also be able to shine more light on that question.

Perhaps post your question about that in this thread :-

UT map packs for Unreal

WOOF!

PS. If you ever need the correct code sequence to open the final door (provided by the symbols on the 4 machines) on the map ZM2Citadel, I made a JPG of it! Finally after about 10 years, this tiny JPG I kept might come in useful :Drogar-Happy:

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche