ziki.unr

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

ziki.unr

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: ziki.unr

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Yep, ziki is really a pain the way it is at the moment. There is a lot to do in this map.
It will be the next map to fix after SnaM is ready. When all work well, SnaM will be ready today.
loganclintburleson
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by loganclintburleson »

yes i think it should be fixed as well its a real or should i say unreal pain
a crazy doggy whos barking for a fight!
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Just a little update to ziki

half of the map is done, still some work to do, but it will be ready soon
the map will run without problems and I believe it also will make fun to play it

Kami

PS: Don't worry, there will be no way to cheat the map :lol: :lol: :lol:
loganclintburleson
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by loganclintburleson »

if your going 2 fix it kami there is one way 2 cheat useing a book :lol: :lol: :lol: i do it when maps stuck =)
a crazy doggy whos barking for a fight!
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Ok, the third version is on server now. Worked yesterday for about 12 hours on it :-). Improved things and settings and did a complete rebuild of the map. The first two versions crashed the server 'cause of some very weird errors in the map which I've never seen before in any other map.
I made two runs on testserver, each for over an hour. Got no scriptwarnings or errors in the logfile.
I made all movers work as player friendly as possible. The lifts run good now and shouldn't make any problems.
With the changes I followed the original story of 'The Tower of Zi'Ki' '. You can see that when you read the screen messages. You should read them one time to become familiar with some changes.
I changed many mover controls to avoid cheating. Players must do all four sections to finally reach the end of map. Jumpboots or book-jumping are useless. For example, you could use boots and jump on the roof and then to the right, but the door there won't open. (I know, Kami is bad :lol: )

I removed the crazy FireMantas again, had trouble with the script and they were acting strangly. But I added a lower version instead, they are not so dangerous and can't even shoot :-).
The LavaSliths are still dangerous, but I reduced their ammount and health. Also they are using a projectile nearly similiar to the original slithprojectile (same speed and damage), but be careful your suit will not protect you. They are fireballs but have another damagetype.

I hate long runs through maps and I guess some other player too, so I added shortcuts called short-range-teleporter, just look for messages. Also the caves on the left and the next part with lava-stream will be closed again after they are finished. That way players don't run for nothing through these sections.

If the map should run now without problems, we must look how it's playable. I can only test maps as one player, but it's a difference between one or more player. Of course I added monsters to the map. There were not enough in it. Most of them standard monster with normal settings. You can have about 260 - 300 kills. For coop it's a good ammount of monsters I think.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Just played the map on server. Was in alone, only at end a second player came in. Map was running about 1:30h and had no problems. Seems the crash problem is solved. There are only some little things to change. Placed a teleporter control at the wrong point and some creature settings must be improved.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

update for ziki

but it's not a good one. :(
The map causes massive problems and crashes alot. I can't say how the strange effects in the map affect the server, but I suggested to take it out of rotation for now.
My guess is, that the double actors in the map could be responsible for it.
I will re-check the whole map and eliminate all errors. (hopefully)