Maplist of Jackal's Coop Server

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Maplist of Jackal's Coop Server

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Ok, here we go. This is Part1 of the new Maplist for Jackals Coop Server.
I made the first one mainly for admins to switch to desired maps.
Since MapVote was deactivated and some changes in the sequence were done, the old list is not handy and up to date anymore.
The new list contains Filenames, Maptitles, Authors and some Notes. I tried to get the correct informations to all maps. Because that takes much time, part1 goes like the first one only till Jailbreak.
Next I will update the second part of the list, but you'll need some patience till it's ready :lol:

I made the list with WordPad 'cause that was the easiest way for me. If someone wants to convert it to a better format, feel free to do it. Any help is welcome.

Kami

PS: Why can't I upload a simple rtf file? Had to put it into an archive.
Last edited by £éè£å-(DOG)- on Sun May 30, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: Maplist of Jackal's Coop Server

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yeah it is good to have updated one. What about part 2 of the maplist though?
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

The second part of the list is just ready. I had to change the first list because of an error and so I took it out.
Here are both lists of all maps running on Jackals Coop Server at the moment.
I was able to find most of the Authors of the maps and titles of series. I upload them in a zip file, I think that way no one will have a problem with the format.

cya :)

Kami

Edit: Deleted the old lists. Will add the latest lists to the last post.
Shadow
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Shadow »

wow, this is a nice list of the maps you have here......

I noticed that you had just a few of the Unreal Beta maps in there. Do you want to add all of the beta maps to the server? I could show you the link for it if you want it.....
Nanodesu!
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Shadow wrote:wow, this is a nice list of the maps you have here......

I noticed that you had just a few of the Unreal Beta maps in there. Do you want to add all of the beta maps to the server? I could show you the link for it if you want it.....
They are not running all the beta maps for a reason though. Because it would be too much, because Unreal maps are being run on the server, so basically only the special maps are played. I posted links earlier.

Btw the Roland maps are mentioned should be updated:
http://www.rolandunreal.ismywebsite.com/unreal/rtnp.htm

The two nagomi maps have been updated long ago already but not yet put on the server.
Fixed Foundry and Toxic here.

http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo ... ixtest.rar

The MPtoxic24 is just for test with nali put in the map, you are free to use what version you want though, you are free to rename and edit them, roland gave permission for these too.

£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

About the Beta Maps

I have an interesting package, containing the UB maps converted by Dots. I think the UB maps are much better than the originals. The whole package is very nostalgic and I could imagine that it could run on the server. Of course there are some double parts and it makes not much sense for players to run through empty areas. They should be modified, for example get more monsters for coop play. Some maps are several times in sequence like UB-FHub5, but with different start and exit points. It's possible to create several monster sequences in one and the same map so it looks everytime different when entered. That would be alot of work, but I think it could be a good series. With such changes to the maps, they should also get new filenames to avoid mismatches with the originals, like Roland and THS did with the RTNP maps.

I have here the list of the maps in play order: (think especially the UB maps are in right order here)

Vortex3.unr
FHub1.unr
Dig2.unr
Chizra2.unr
Dark2.unr
TerraLift2.unr
Terraniux2.unr
FHub2.unr
Ruins2.unr
FHub2b.unr
ISVKran.unr
ISVDeck2.unr
FHub3.unr
SkyTown2.unr
UB-FHub4.unr
UB-Soledad.unr
UB-FHub4.unr
UB-Morose.unr
UB-FHub5.unr
UB-Nexus.unr
UB-NexusEnd.unr
UB-FHub5.unr
UB-Aztec.unr
UB-FHub5.unr
UB-Foundry.unr
UB-Toxic.unr
UB-FHub6.unr
Cryox.unr
B-Velora.unr
Bluff2.unr
DASA.unr
B-NaliC.unr
B-NaliLord.unr
FHub6.unr
B-ExtremeBeg.unr
B-Extreme.unr
B-ExtremeEnd.unr
(Ends up to -> QueenEnd.unr)
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

D/Led the maps. There are some things in MPFoundry and MPToxic that I would change.
When I fix a map I try to think in Coop and to make the maps as player friendly as possible, especially lifts and doors. I saw lifts which really were bad for coop, for example these awful ones in ziki, they drove me crazy more than one time :lol: ( ok, maybe I'm a little to much woman here :lol: :lol: :lol:).
Some in MPFoundry could need a little delay of about 1 or 2 seconds to give more players the chance to get on it.
In MPToxic there is this part with the slime. Players must pass it to activate the switch for the crane (the one that blows this nice hole into the big door :lol:). Without a suit no player can pass this part without dying, even with full shield and 200 health. Think, a respawnable suit is the best solution here.

Roland did a great job on these maps and I really can only imagine how hard the work must have been.
Ok, just my 2 cents :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kami
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

>KamiLunar<-(DOG)- wrote:Hi :)

D/Led the maps. There are some things in MPFoundry and MPToxic that I would change.
When I fix a map I try to think in Coop and to make the maps as player friendly as possible, especially lifts and doors. I saw lifts which really were bad for coop, for example these awful ones in ziki, they drove me crazy more than one time :lol: ( ok, maybe I'm a little to much woman here :lol: :lol: :lol:).
Some in MPFoundry could need a little delay of about 1 or 2 seconds to give more players the chance to get on it.
In MPToxic there is this part with the slime. Players must pass it to activate the switch for the crane (the one that blows this nice hole into the big door :lol:). Without a suit no player can pass this part without dying, even with full shield and 200 health. Think, a respawnable suit is the best solution here.

Roland did a great job on these maps and I really can only imagine how hard the work must have been.
Ok, just my 2 cents :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kami
In the MPfoundry_f version the lift is fixed in that the button on the lift works, not only the side one, so the center one returns, so no more hectic running to the lift when pressing button.

As for the UB- maps, dots conversions are too altered to my tasted from original, or aren't fixed right. The server runs my version of Aztec which is AztecLeo map, it has the semi solids fixed and stuff.

£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I have here some pics from Foundry. These are the lifts I mean, they have no delay. Only one or maybe two players can enter them, the others have to wait. You can say that's not important, yep that's right, but they are not coop friendly.

For the UB maps, I took a look to the ones I have and they are really faulty. I played these maps on a server and they looked good, maybe they were altered for the server.
I think to run the maps in it's original shape makes not much sense, would be nice sure, but I often here players saying they are boring. The maps were made for single play, for coop with several players there are just not enough enemies in it. You can see that best when the original game maps running, the server becomes empty.
One idea I had, and not alone for the old maps is, to have different monster sequences chose by random at mapstart. This way a map would look different each time when played. I know there are several monsterspawn mutators out there and other mods, would be easy to use them, but that's not what I had in mind. Sparky wouldn't like that and I think he's right. The server should run original Unreal1 stuff. You can also do nice things with all the stuff that came along with the game.

Ah sorry, it's hard for me to explain what I mean, my english is not good enough, but maybe you understand a little of it ;)

Kami
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I have here the latest list for the Coop server.
I'm very sorry, but it is still the crappy WordPad format.
Some maps were removed from the server like the THS conversion of RTNP.
For others I made a note at the end of the line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.