Most hated maps

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Most hated maps

Post by SpiNacH »

Just curious, which maps do some players hate? And for what reasons?

My list is quite long ........
BotBot
FOD
FOD

Re: Most hated maps

Post by BotBot »

many doors and ladders are very bad
jumps you need to be a hybrid of LaraCroft and a arachnophopie
small rooms
useless long range corridoors
Dieatls
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Dieatls »

Hello,
WormHoles, Map with train hanging in railway very high from ground, maybe that can be fixed,
Will think about other maps, i dont know most of map names! :)

Edit: Maps what is big, and at end Big guy ( Boss ) And it get u killed, a 5 minutes run to end again and again....... Thats boring,
those mapps really need teleport. =)
Last edited by Dieatls on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hehe, there are for sure some maps which you can hardly call maps.
For example Tomb.unr is more like a building box than a map. I already ghosted through it in hope to find the real map, but there is nothing else :lol:.

Nearly the same you can say about greystation.unr :lol:

The SD-maps are just a disaster. Only fixing some movers will change nothing, also the geometry would need a complete new design. It would be easier to make new maps instead :lol:. Every fixing on them is just a waste of time imo.

Yup I agree with Punk, the start on 22SpeedWay.unr is not very good for coop play. When the first player took the lift down a Teleporter at start could be activated which let players spawn on the ground. Also the weapon should be placed there.
IMO it also could have some more monsters. Most of the map is empty, only some Mercs in it.

The Whirlmaps are not bad. The problem in the first one is the long way players have to take, if they should be killed. You need to keep in mind, that most maps were made for SP and of course there are some problems in CP.

Maps with lots of doors don't need to be automatically bad. If the movers work player friendly there are not that bad.

What I really don't like, are maps where you lose health for nothing. For example deep jumps or fallings. And of course maps with bad movers. Often you have lifts or doors set to ReturnWhenEncroach and missing delay. For CP just a bad thing. When I fix a map I alter them to IgnoreWhenEncroach and add delays for better gameplay.

Also I don't like some fixes I did in the past. When I look at them today, I really ask myself, what a crap have I done there :lol:. I must admit, I'm not a mapper and not very experienced, but I always try to do my best :D.
Hehe, but I will give it a try someday. I already found some parts of an old DM map which I made for Bot matches. Think, that also could be a good Coop map. To bad, that the finished version doesn't exist anymore, so I need to do it out of my memory.

Lastly perhaps one more thing. Of course there are many very good and fantastic maps, and on the other side maps with, well lets say poor design and bad playing conditions, but we should still respect every work and efforts people have done. To really make a good map is not so easy as some may believe. You need alot of practise, experience and creativity.