Voteend?

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Voteend?

Post by SpiNacH »

I wish to ask player and member opinions regarding enabling voteend on the coop.

I am of two minds regarding this issue. I personally like showing courtesy and waiting for the others, but certainly many players do not. Many players do not even realize how we end here, and take it for granted that voteend is enabled, as it is on almost every other coop server.

I really like how Zombie's server is set up with voteend, a high percentage of monsters must be killed first before it is even enabled. And then a high percentage of players must vote or hit the end.

I also think quite a few more players would play here if voteend was enabled, as that is what most players are used to. I like to play hard and fast and sometimes waiting 5 or more minutes at the end ruins the action factor. But, I am totally sympathetic to the new player, or someone who doest know the map but wishes to learn it (TY all those kind players that took the time to show me the way -- you know who you are :))

I'd like to see it implemented on the coop on a trail basis to see how it pans out, but that's obviously up to the Big Dog, and seeing as how the coop has never had voteend ( I dont think) pretty sure which way the wind is blowing. But ya never know :P
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Voteend?

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I already have thought a long time about this. I always liked the way it is, because it's more in the spirit of coop. 3 years ago it worked much better than today. Things have changed, players are not really interested anymore in playing a map. Main goal today is to reach the end as soon as possible. And I don't speak about maprunners here. There were always some and there will be always some.
Personally I rarely ask for ending and let players play. If some still want to explore some things and I'm at end, well I just wait. What I really don't like is, that many players and even admins just end a map without any word. It happens so often to me, that I'm just cutted in the middle of a fight. Oh my, I don't mind when players want to finish a map, and I don't care about the fight I'm just in. But it would only be fair and in the sense of coop to simply say "I'm ending now" or something like that. Well, that's not the case and it will never be the case.

Zombie knew very well why he added the function Voteend to JCoopZ1.
Today I'm at a point where I really wish Voteend would be enabled with 51%. Coop becomes more and more frustrating and the fun to play simply fades away. Please don't misunderstand me here, we really have alot of great players on the server.
But I ask myself, if players are really still interested in fighting monsters, or are they more interested in racing to the end.
TKR made a great Spawner for the server which gives alot of new variances in many maps. Yes, there is still much to tweak, but with time maps will become better and better. But was the whole work in vain and for nothing when no one wants to fight monsters anymore?

I'm just at the point where I want to give up Coop, because I cannot play a game without having fun for it. The motivation to play is simply gone. I still love this old game like I did the first time I played it. Unreal1 is the only one of this gametype I ever played. Normally I played and play other games, but Unreal is special.

I have an idea which will take a few weeks of work, but I think it can make gameplay better again for all players. Well, I will give it a try.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

I groan at the thought of inventing the wheel, over and over again. But all things considered, I have been groaning with new or unskilled players for 13 years now. So I guess it goes with the territory of being part of NewbiesPlayground server family. I remember very well when some of the best players now were told type T to type and enter to send, so they could be told what they were doing wrong. It never ever ends till the game does. Those who know better yet continue to violate the rules are admin bait.

I have uploaded the pure coop server to the test server and waiting on host to change command line from Uteam to Coop.

Was a year ago we had the coop contest. Be thinking about this. Gonna be a lot of work for someone.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Coop contest :?: :?: :?:

Whats that, it sounds interesting :) :D
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

If admins are required to help out in any contest........count SpiN in, although I would also like to participate this time around :)
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Also, thank you for enabling voteend on the coop Spark. Will ask players and admins if it is an asset to the coop or not.

Thanks.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hehe, you can tar and feather me now, curse at me or simply wish me to hell. :lol:
( I bet some would like to do :lol: :lol: :lol: )

VoteEnd does not work, because it just doesn't suit Newbies.
Also the idea with a high percentage of monsterkill before end is enabled is not possible, because this feature does not work with custom maps, only with standard maps. Don't speak of problems with the Spawner at this point. Besides, the mutator is to big only for using this one function of it, although the mover fixes for the standard maps contained in the mutator are very nice and would prevent the standard maps can get blocked.

Only thing I can say to all players is:
Please keep in mind, that this is a coop game. Also have a thought for other players, not only for yourself.