Coop Contest 2011 FINALLY HERE - DONT MISS THIS

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
Pete
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Coop Contest 2011 FINALLY HERE - DONT MISS THIS

Post by Pete »

Hello everyone,

Coop Contest 2011 in finally here. Contest will start at weekend 30.7.2011 with solo runs. We have a webpage with scoreboard coming up.

Here's how it will go.

Single contest: Same maps as last year, ie dug, ruins and dasacellars. Everyone plays those three maps through and score is counted kills minus deaths, no time taken.

Team contest: 16 best players of single contest form 4 teams. Four best players are team leaders. Their job is to make team work together and finish in orderly manner. Other 12 players are divided into teams so that number 16. goes to number 1. team, 15. goes to 2. team, 14. to 3., 13. to 4. and so on. This way teams become quite equal in skill. Four teams then play Bluff. Fastest team gets +20 points timebonus.

After that comes the big finale. Two best teams both play Skaarj Tower. Again same rules, kills minus deaths +20 points timebonus for fastest team.

So everyone, get ready for Coop Contest 2011. Contest server is up and running for you to practise, use it :)

EDIT: Webpage with Contest info and scoreboard is up and running at address http://www.newbiesplayground.com/contest/ Scoreboard itself will be tested some more so there will be some dummy results added and removed until the contest starts. Feel free to check it out.

Any admins who are willing to help during the weekend(s), please let me know so I can make timetables etc. Email: petri.puhakainen@gmail.com

I think we will start the competition at 10 am (UTC +02:00) saturday july 30.
Pete-Fin-(DOG)-
Pete
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Re: Coop Contest 2011 FINALLY HERE - DONT MISS THIS

Post by Pete »

Well, well, well... time for second round! Are we still on? Is anyone gonna show up? So, if you feel up to it please come to contest server. I try to be there as much as I can so we can talk and set time for team runs. Its kind of hard to set specific time because I have no idea how people are going to be available.

I dont think there will be enough people for 4 teams so we will have to change plans a little. If we get at least 8 people we can go on with 2 teams. If more than 8 people shows up each team gets more players and Skaarj Tower will be quicker to play. So it is up to YOU how this thing continues. Please be there :)
Pete-Fin-(DOG)-
Pete
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by Pete »

Update:

I have managed to contact most of the players who participated first round. After talking to people it now looks like most suitable time for all will be Saturday 6.8.2001 at 21:00 UTC/GMT +2 hours. You can check your own timezone from here --> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

And as I have allready denoted we are skipping stage two due to lack of players and are going straight into the finale ie Skaarj Tower. There are two teams which at the moment look like this:

1. team
Pete-FIN-(DOG)-
[NBV]Antwon
MasterUnreal-(DOG)-
Punk'sNotDead-(DOG)-
Strategy-(DOG)-

2. team
Rubicon-(DOG)-
Red27(ITA)
BeachBumGuy-(DOG)-
Susanna-FIN-(DOG)-
OldSparky-(DOG)-

I have not yet reached Jackal and Harddrive. Both are wellcome to contest.
Pete-Fin-(DOG)-
Pete
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by Pete »

Hi all,

Coop Contest 2011 final stage, the infamous Skaarj Tower has now been played. Two teams played simultaneously at two servers (thanks to Sparky). And results are to be seen at Scoreboard http://www.newbiesplayground.com/contest/

Winner and new Champion of the World in Unreal Coop Game is MasterUnreal. Congratulations MU!

Thank You all for participating! Was great fun! Thank You TomKatRebel for wonderful Scoreboard Webpage! Thank You Spinach for helping!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:----- Until next time----- :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pete-Fin-(DOG)-
TomKatRebel

Post by TomKatRebel »

Congratulations Master Unreal, you kicked some Unreal butt!

Congratulations also to the FIN's, I have to say there was a time I didn't think you was going to pull this off - but you did beautifully! One thing this contest has proved to me is it is high time a couple of permanent Admin badges were handed out. :D

Great going to all that participated!
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Yes, congrats MU, you surely lived up to your nickname! Not only did you beast skaarjtower, but you completed the solo portion in about half the time of all other players! That is extemely impressive to say the least. You are a pure natural, and one of the best Unreal players I have ever had the privilege to play with.

Kudo's to Pete as well, only 3 deaths in entire competition. Not a feat to be easily duplicated by any player!

I also second TKR's endorsement of the FINs being made admins on the coop. I know it is Jackal's call, but out of ten coop admins, it sure seems like very few play regularly, while players like Pete and Su continue to help Unreal stay alive.

Sorry to go off topic. Congrats to all who participated. Hope you all had fun and hope one of you can dethrone MU and Pete next year.

SpiN
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

If your number one, only one way to go, down! WAIT TILL NEXT TIME.

Stay tuned it isnt over till the Old Dog barks. More to come.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

that was great fun! :)
congratulations to master unreal and pete! hats off! :)

respect and greets to all!
patrick.
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun playing yesterday, one of the best times I've had in awhile playing Unreal :mrgreen:

Big thanks to Pete and Su for getting this organized, once again, I had a lot of fun participating, hope to be in the next one :mrgreen: