Map stuck - Hexephet

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
Shadow
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Map stuck - Hexephet

Post by Shadow »

At the beginning of the map, the skaarj officer did not walk to the switch to release players out of the blue forcefield. Instead, he started to attack me when the map started. Now the map appears to be stuck :(
Nanodesu!
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Map stuck - Hexephet

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

The problem in Hexephet is mainly because the map was made for SP and there it works perfect.
We have 2 Skaarjs near start. One with a Razorjack who is just waiting at the begining. The other Skaarj, lets call him Sam, has a Disper. He is set to ignore the player. Sam has the order to do a patrol. He walks to the button on the left and makes some "push Button" anims. Then the poor Sam has a little accident, maybe because he did something wrong. When he dies, the forcefield will be deactivated.
As said, this works fine in SP, but in coop players start with weapons and threaten our good Sam. Result of it, he will not do his patrol. Only thing players can do at the moment is not to threaten our Sam in any way. Don't shoot, this has no effect because players are surrounded by BlockAll actors. And also don't aim at Sam, he doesn't like it.

I will look to exchange the patrol sequence with AlarmPoints. This way the start should work without problems.

BBG, this problem should look familiar to you. Remember the Merc sequence in BBGCrusher ;) :lol:
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Map stuck - Hexephet

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Some news about Sam

I did a little fix on the map. You can say, I forced Sam to run into his death.
Because the gametype of the map was set to VRikers, players always started with the weapon which has the highest priority. In my case it's the rifle. Aiming with a rifle at a pawn will always threaten it, no matter if it was set to Ignore or not.
I changed the gametype to None, because imo VRikers is only for SP.
By the way, our good Sam is not very healthy, he has only 2 HP. I never noticed that before :lol: