Testing spawner

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
Oldsparky

Testing spawner

Post by Oldsparky »

We are going to test a few maps on Jackals coop with new spawner settings. Need players to test this. It will be this Saturday Morning. Tommorrow starting at 7:00AM EST USA. This will last for a few rotations thru maps. These are trial settings by Rubicon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Re: Testing spawner

Post by SpiNacH »

Would love to see dificulty 2 tested, may allieviate some spawner issues. Not sure unless we see it in action.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Sorry cannot release it, sure you understand.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

This is how i would test the hardness levels. I would turn off spawner, and run standard maps and look at differences in level difficulty changes on 227I.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Well, let me answer this with a point of view you may not have thought of. I have been pushing the development of Unreal servers for over 14 years. I have always used windows based machines and other peoples talent. I am not a computer whiz by any stretch of the imagination. I have patience and I don't give up easily. I have not developed any desire for Linux as it lacks suitable GUI interfaces. I left typing commands to set up a computer with the Vic 20. Some people want and enjoy control of the computer os, me I just want it to work and not have to mess with it once its installed. Sorry I am not a fan of Linux of any kind. All attempts to use it have ended up with something it couldnt do, and I have reverted to windows. I dont want to spend hours learning a interface that doesnt interest me in the least. The pros and cons,, I have heard them all, but I must be able to freely manipulate the files and this I doubt I have the desire to learn.

As far as server performance, I have great patience. I have worked a very long time and seen servers for unreal come a long way in this time. I am willing to wait for the bugs to be worked out of the 227I and the TKR spawner. I secretly hope that some day we see a release of UTEAM 10I fully compatable with 227I. I cannot say if this will ever happen or not. I would like to see Kick ban brought up to date with 227I and other ancillary programs used to admin a server. Leela continuously solves many map problems, your working on the spawner loading, and strat is doing the map lists and managing the advanced server. We are still struggling to get more coop maps that will hold the players interest. BBG continues to convert suitable DM maps to Coop adding new things to the server.

Many people in Unreal, as players, are quite easily discouraged. One or two times of "I can't connect" and its the end of the world. We try to keep the servers accessable to all that want to play but I must say, with the decreasing number of active players and the unloyality and ingratitude of many, I wonder some times if its even worth the effort. I enjoy the on line friendships we all have, that is my driving force as you all work together as a team of die hard unrealers to fix the problems that do crop up. What is needed IMO is a great deal of patience to fix these problems. Most people working on these problems have real life problems and jobs and such. I am able to work full time on unreal but age and lack of knowledge limits what I do.

The little fits and arguments between players, happens, always has, and will always be a problem. Its easy to control this, if everyone just says to self, Self is this worth making a issue? Does it really matter in the scheme of things? Will this hurt someones feelings?

As far as TKR, he has some real life issues he is dealing with, and his time of return or if he returns is unknown still.

Where I stand fast remains the principles upon which Newbies is based. The other problems will be solved given enough time with other peoples talent. The key words here are PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING and realizing the many difficulties of running unreal servers that appeal to all. I have seen much more serious problems come and go many times and solutions are found and implemented. Die Hard Unreal players remain unphased by the time it takes to bring about change but patiently endure while they are developed. Many lack the dedication to Unreal some of us have. I call them fair weather players,, they come and go by hundreds over the years. I am not that easily swayed by players leaving in a huff. Been at this to long.

Thats my opinion on problems we see, it will be fixed,, patience is required.
If it isn't fixed we are way better off than 15 years ago.!!!
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Again, I ask if server can be set to difficulty 2, to see how this affects monster behaviour.

I know it a pain and must be done at server level, but think such setting has major impact on gameplay. And is worth changing to see results.

SpiN
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

One of the advantages of home servers is the direct access to everything.
I set up a testserver which has the current config of Jackals Coop.
You can find it in the All Servers list under this name:

Kami Testserver for JACKALS[JCoopZ1]TKR_Spawner

Unfortunately I cannot give an IP address here because my address is dynamic, it changes every 24 hours. You will have to look it up in the server list again when the IP has changed.
The server runs within a batchfile which will keep it running, even after a crash.
The difficulty set is 2.

You can test whatever you want, please let me know when your tests are finished.

There is one request I have for Admins:
If you are on the server and this guy TiagoPinto should appear, PBAN him at once. I don't want this ******* on the server.

One note:
Don't expect too much changes in the monster behaviour. As long as the "see through movers" problem is not fixed, monsters will act unlike under 225.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Server is down :x :(
Had to take it off today because of some windows work. Don't know if it will run again, but as I've heard it wasn't running very well and caused lag.
If you still want test something plz let me know on the server and I will run it from this pc (XP), but unfortunately I can't keep it up 24/7.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

i could offer my network-server for that testing purposes. the one that "CAPTURE THE FLAG - 225" is running on and almost never activity there. it is online 24/7 and i got a static ip. let me know.

WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]