Recommendation for new maps to add to coop rotation

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Recommendation for new maps to add to coop rotation

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Hi £éè£å

Thanks very much for the test1ZM4AncientWorld map!

£éè£å-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 pm IThe players shouldn't be at the same place. One should be outside in the map. One should wait in the bombroom (not jumping down) and one player should jump down in the bomb......

OK no problem! I will summon Missionary and one more player!

£éè£å-(DOG)- wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 pm Unfortunately I can't be there, because I must go to hospital later this day. Maybe an operation is coming up and I don't know how long this will take.

Sorry to hear this Leela. I hope all goes well for you and look forward to seeing you on this map also at a later date with us. :)

Best wishes.

WooF!

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Rubie-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Recommendation for new maps to add to coop rotation

Post by Rubie-(DOG)- »

£éè£å-(DOG)- wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:59 am Hi there :)

back in 2008 when I came to Newbies Zora's maps were in the rotation of Jackal's coop.
I really loved this map pack, although it is the hardest mapset I've ever played. But without an admin being present it can be a real pain.

F.e. ZM3Signal, in this map it was very difficult to leave the starting area. Many players simply didn't know what to do there. For example, they attacked the Skaarj right when he showed up, without knowing, that the Skaarj is needed to shoot the first globe, or they played aimless around with the mirrors.
Also the mirrors are real killers. I can't tell how often I got killed by them. There is also an error with the third mirror. This one is not aligned correctly and its shot does not hit the globe. Luckily it can also be done with the second mirror, otherwise the map would hang here.

As VooDoo already mentioned, the end in ZM4Vulcan is insane. If I remember correctly, in the lighthouse there are 8 switches to do in a certain order to open the exit door. The problem is, when you make one mistake in the order you have to start again with the first switch.
And if that is still not enough, on each mapstart the order is different. :cheesygrin:
When we played this map back then we marked the switches with flags, for each number one flag, go figure. :Drogar-Laugh:

I would agree here with VooDoo, the mapset should not be on Jackal's coop, even if it is a very nicely and well done work, but as said, they are not easy to play and even experienced players can have a hard time in them.

@VooDoo

For the problem with some files, which are seemingly not allowed for download, you should check them with a hexeditor. Check the setting of byte 8 in the files (f.e. zs4Buttons.uax), probably it is set to 00, like it is in the original Vortex2.unr map. If this is the case, you should set it to 01, which allows the download of the file. You can do that without the risk of a file mismatch after that.

Here an example with Vortex2.unr, when you open it with a hexeditor you'll find this:

Code: Select all

C1 83 2A 9E 3D 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 85 22 00 00
Byte 8 indicates, that this file ist not allowed for download. When you change it to 01 download will be possible:

Code: Select all

C1 83 2A 9E 3D 00 00 00
01 00 00 00 85 22 00 00
Maybe this can be used for easy use ChocoPackageEditor : see lill Clip I made for you :

https://www.filefactory.com/file/3z6whz ... Editor.mp4

and to download it you can find it here:

https://www.filefactory.com/file/18cx1g ... geEdit.exe

Greets,

Rubie
I have no signature :crying: