Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition

Post by AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- »

I'm sure you guys are familiar with Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition. If not, it's a mod for UT99 made by Lightning_Hunter which remakes the Return to Na Pali campaign with the following improvements:
  • RTNP conversion to UT99, without the pesky bugs that have come with previous RTNP conversions.
  • Bug fixes, texture alignments, game play enhancements, and more for the original 17 RTNP levels
  • 10 new levels, completely restored from cut Beta content of Unreal. This content has been modified to fit right in with RTNP, including proper transitions between levels. The content has also been enhanced with better lighting, game play, sounds, new stories and more. All of it feels right at home!
  • Restored music from the beta releases, which are used in the new maps and even some of the old maps.
That is, it splices in polished up versions of the beta maps (with RTNP boxes and stuff, and subtle changes here and there, and filled with translator messages!) into the RTNP maplist, along with some totally new maps, such as the UT99 deathmatch map DM-ArcaneTemple converted into a creepy singleplayer map with creepy music and storyline, and some other short maps serving as transitions between the original RTNP maps and the beta maps. Also, there are new monsters, a "Krall Lord" which shoots fire like a flamethrower, the Fire/Lava slith, and I think also some stronger gasbags that shoot a different type of fire?

Anyway, I think it would make a really good addition to the map list. Unfortunately I don't know if these maps were designed with multiplayer compatibility. I know there are already several versions of the RTNP maplist and the beta maps in the newbies coop maplist, but one more can't hurt xD. And it's a really good one! It's really clever how the maps are edited at the beginning and end to transition smoothly into each other, and how the maps are ordered to make the beta maps interleave with the RTNP maps. Like I said though, I don't know if it can be converted to multiplayer :/. Not to mention the fact that the game comes with HD textures for everything (including the beta content), so these will have to be replaced with ordinary textures to work online.

But yeah... if it can be implemented... I think it will be a great addition to the newbies coop list :D
Javix
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition

Post by Javix »

The author of the RTNP ultimate edition made HD textures recently to play this new campaign. And it is necessary to replace the Unreal default textures to play.
But the first version, which came out in 2011, does not require downloading any textures package. If you do not want to change the textures of the game, download the old version, that is still available on the campaigns page "Unreal Archives"
Javix
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Javix »

I also think it's an excellent job, I'd really like to be able to play those maps on the servers :D :D
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

if there's a version around that runs on our server's configuration, i'd be interested to view this mapset. dependent textures can't be replaced, so we'd need a version to uses stock textures.
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Rubie-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by Rubie-(DOG)- »

it's not a big deal to load those maps on a server, just setup server with references to the proper paths:
for example:

Paths=../RTNPUEv11_HD/System/*.u
Paths=../RTNPUEv11_HD/Music/*.umx
Paths=../RTNPUEv11_HD/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../RTNPUEv11_HD/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../RTNPUEv11_HD/maps/*.unr

the only file you need to move is this file:u97rtnpue.u from this folder=>?:\Unreal\RTNPUEv11_HD\System\RTNPUE to the folder above System

there are only two maps that wont run because they use a non compatible Upak.u I think but maybe there is a fix for this also online I have no Idea!
Map: Velora
Map:VeloraCellars
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find Class in file 'Class UPak.SpiderEggs'

also there is a risk that those maps as their original names been keeped cause version conflicts ?

Have Fun,

Rubie
I have no signature :crying: