Map

Questions, Informations and Discussions
Vendirty
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Map

Post by Vendirty »

A map I've been working on. Not exactly done and I also don't know what the end map guy is called to put the actor in but you'll know the end when you see it. Any feedback would be great. :D Still needs some more just random details n such. I suggest using allammo cause I skimp on the ammo :] most servers start off with full guns and ammo anyway.
http://rapidshare.com/files/202752463/V ... 2.rar.html
vendirty-(DOG)-
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: Map

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

You may also find his map in maps of the week in Newbies downloads.
Vendirty
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Vendirty »

W3RM(Woof) wrote: Fell into Lava one time and... Hit the ground. Hehe. :mrgreen:
Doh. I only tried the lava once and it worked. lol. Maybe I accidentally deleted the lavazone actor :P. Thanks for the feedback!
Oldsparky wrote:You may also find his map in maps of the week in Newbies downloads.
Awesome. :]
vendirty-(DOG)-
>KamiKazi<-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by >KamiKazi<-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

DLed the map and tried it in SP, runs good there. It's a cool map with lots of pets :lol:

But it can't run on a Server yet. Needs to be converted to 225.
There are two problems which crashes the Server at once. The LavaZoneInfo was removed. To add it again the map needs a rebuilding, and a PathDefine must be done.
I did that for testing the map on the Server and it runs, but with the rebuilding I got some BSP errors. One bad at the start, you can't enter the water. I don't know which Editor Version you used for it, maybe my old UED1 causes the errors.

That would be a cool map for the Server. I think Jackal would take it, when it's ready :)
Great work

WOOF WOOF
Vendirty
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Vendirty »

>KamiKazi<-(DOG)- wrote: But it can't run on a Server yet. Needs to be converted to 225.
There are two problems which crashes the Server at once. The LavaZoneInfo was removed. To add it again the map needs a rebuilding, and a PathDefine must be done.
I did that for testing the map on the Server and it runs, but with the rebuilding I got some BSP errors. One bad at the start, you can't enter the water. I don't know which Editor Version you used for it, maybe my old UED1 causes the errors.
I am running on 227e. I'm on vista ultimate and can't get any older version of Unreal to work correctly. I've tried alot of combinations and 227e is the only one that works properly and I use UEd 2.

I had built that large mountain in the center of the lava but it happened to be where the lavazone was which is why it wasn't working properly and I didn't check it, but I fixed it on my end. lol. My oops. As for a PathDefine, I'm not entirely sure what that is. How come it would have to be done?

I only tried it in single player and I'm not sure how your setup is to test it under the same settings to see if I get server issues but to work on the coop server it would have to be converted like you said. *clueless on how to back-convert* :lol:

Thanks for the feedback and checking into some issues. Let me know as soon as you can on what we can do to get this server-possible. That would be awesome. 8)
vendirty-(DOG)-
>KamiKazi<-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by >KamiKazi<-(DOG)- »

Hehe, I found the LavaZoneInfo buried under a big rock :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did not look closer to the map 'cause I haven't much time at the moment, but I could see that you haven't enough zones. You should define more. Make the indoor and the outdoor areas to seperate zones.

I have a testserver which is similar to the online server, so I can test how maps would work there.
You run UED2, that could explain why I had BSP problems after rebuilding the map.

A PathDefine is important, because the "pets" in a map must know where they can go. If they don't, the map can crash in SP or on a Server. Had this problem in some maps.
When you change things like adding ammo or weapons, or change their position, you should do a PathDefine because they act like NavigationPoints. Same with PatrolPoints, AlarmPoints, PlayerStarts, Teleporters aso.
Normaly you need no Pathnodes for SP maps, only for DM when using Bots, but I had some cases where Pathnodes helped to solve a problem. I must mention that I'm no expert with it, so it's possible that I'm not right.
I'm not familiar with UED2, but you should find it under Rebuild. In my ED it's when you hit F8 and change to the Lightning tab.

Some shortcuts would be nice, because the Players have a lot to run :lol:
Just use Teleporters for it. You can turn them on or off by triggering. If you are in the mood, you can add some nice Portal-Effects for them :lol:

Hope I could help you a little with it.

WOOF WOOF
Vendirty
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Vendirty »

Okay I fixed up quite a bit. Here is what I got done. :]

+Added path nodes throughout the map making sure they all connect properly.
+Added more decoration as well as some more monsters in the Titan room.
+Zones are placed inside and outside.
+After the Titan is killed, a teleport is activated at spawn and the water tunnels get closed off. It teleports you in front of the double doors entrance to the main building. Pretty central location to where you need to go. :D
+Fixed the lava issue and moved the trigger for when the Krall spawn so that only the lever can activate them.
+Warlord health from 2k to 5k.

When we tested it on the server I'm not sure if you changed anything I didn't but here is the updated version.
http://rapidshare.com/files/204254453/Vendirty2.rar

Let me know if there is any issues. Thanks! 8)
Still using UED2 so bsp errors you were getting may still exist.
vendirty-(DOG)-
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Converted to 225 and up loaded to maps of the week and updated server.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Havent seen it yet, but anxious to see it :)

Thanx for ur effort to make maps !!
--= Keep Running =--