need advanced unrealed help

Questions, Informations and Discussions
lucifur
FOD
FOD

need advanced unrealed help

Post by lucifur »

first I am plenty capable of making a basic map, but that's all, I want to take the next step.

wav files and high rez and tiled textures.

first I want to be able to make my own textures and tile them, the software I have found that does this the cheapest is like $200 bucks, yikes I cant justify that "is there a cheaper solution besides reinstalling the demo over and over? "I don't want my map to have bad Karma".

pluss how do I get a high rez texture into the map?

I have read tutorials and followed them to the letter and I still cant get my wav sounds to loop properly so unrealed will play them.

any help out there, and or point me to were I can get the information?

also on a side note, I have tried to use meshmaker and it works ok, but I have found that the meshes unrealed makes arnt that great, they mostly work in the stock game how come I can't make a decent one? any suggestions? The textures are always moving according to my position while looking at it, I have played on maps were this does not seam to happen much. I figured out that if I make a decoration with a solid bleak color you cant really tell the texture is dancing all over the place.

lucifur
Master_Unreal

Re: need advanced unrealed help

Post by Master_Unreal »

Wav files will loop anyways if its added onto an ambientsound, so you shouldn't have to worry about that

The only person that can actually make high resolution (S3TC) textures is DieHard, only he has the tool to do that kind of thing, sadly :(

For meshes, I recommend Milkshape 3D for starting, I still use it for my mappack even though littleb should be sending me 3dsmax 4 soon....send it already :twisted: hehe :lol: It isn't easy to make your own meshes though, it takes a lot of planning out and what not.