Ive played so many 'other games'

Provided by Sickpup to post about other games.
Forum rules
Post here about other online games
solo=(cat)=
FOD
FOD

Ive played so many 'other games'

Post by solo=(cat)= »

but this is the only (un)real game !

the list is long many of wich were online MMORPG type, but ive stil come back to unreal.
I used to be quite involved in unreal mods and stuff and wrote the ending thing for coop games
wich says "solo has ended the game" etc.. and showed the char at the end,
and stoped anyone from kiling anyone else.

wich im surprised has become so widespread, to such an extent that people thinkits standard part of unreal
actualy i just copied the main bit from unreal tournamanet,
but so many functions were not there and i had to figure out what they were as some were native.

but its my one claim to fame as i hopeles at UED. I also made a few mods for servers where you could use mutators to modify maps to wprk better in coop mode instead of the editing the maps themselves wich avoided mismatches, and also map lists wich used maps with diferent names for diferent versions if that was realy necesary and handle the swtiching of maps so it used the alternative. I think Zora uses somethign like this based on some of what I did but there was severral people doing this, and I left before I realy got mine fully developed.
I had many more fantastic ideas for server mods but never got done, i dont think anyone has implemented them quite as wel as I was going to either, but i get bored with stuff after a while and never sem to finish anything (its one of my "issues") I dont think jcoop and the others, is based on anything I did but its obviously been worked on a lot and has tons of stuff. nepthys is so damed good i cant understand why its not being used more, maybe il have to look into it.

I didnt play unreal for well over 5 years, i was led astray by games liek MIR with people like J9, and then myth of soma, and countless others, many of wich I just played the beta test for free, I did however meet many friends and who moved from game to game with me. there are a coupel of other games mmorpg type wich are actualy free to download and play, you just have to pay for things like quicker leveling and more stuff.

but the leveling and item stuff of MMORPG is a bit evil i think, unreal is so much easier to just play casually. with MMORPG you generaly have to play very hard for a year to get to be the best becuase you need high level and have the best items. it can be very intense and very exciting but I find its always the wanting that drives you, and the satisfation of getting virtual items is tbh a bit of an emtpy feeling after only a few minutes, at leat to me anyay.

Im sure most of you have heard of WOW ? its so dam suceseful and so dam good too,
i played it for a year or two, but one of the bigest drawbacks from my point of view is in fact how sucesful it is,
its like being on a train and not knowing anyone becuase you never see the same person twice,
as oposed going into a small cafe every day and seeing the same people yo8 get to know them.

the pvp aspect of mmorpg doesnt apeal to me either, i onlu realy like pve, or team against team, wich WOW has, but also you cant avoid being randonly PK'd by other players with so good gear you dont stand a chance. i used to enjoy capture the flag on UT, i think maybe theres a mod for unreal ? but otherwise I dont like deatmatch much at all.

I realy wish they would bring out a proper up to date unreal coop game.

funily enough I came back to unreal becuase I wanted to display a robot arm in a 3d environment with collision detection and thought unreal would be ideal, this was a year ago, and i never got far with that ,as UED seems so evil to me, however I started re writing UED, but i keep playing the game instead. and geting bogged down in the incredibly stupid and anoying directx and windows API. oh I also wrote a space sucker thing for someone wich sucked you out of a broken window or something if you were sily enough to break a window on a space ship (simply becuase someone said it couldnt be done). My editor now also supports the full and proper export of all meshes from unreal, and a list of unreal related games like xcom, etc,

its cool to see one or two people i know from al that time ago when unreal was brand new stil play especially zora, and darttrooper from time to time, and some people i dont think i knew but have been playing for as long. but it takes a lot for me to remember peoples names etc.

lots of people i knew realy wel ive lost contact with tho. matrix,thrasher, rams, sport etc.
I started playing when I was 36 ?
so many people have gone from children to adults, and moved onto jobs i gues ...