DayZ mod

Provided by Sickpup to post about other games.
Forum rules
Post here about other online games
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

DayZ mod

Post by DaveAnd___ »

I've been playing DayZ mod - if anyone is playing let me know - so we can team etc.
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: DayZ mod

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Hay there BBG - how you doing?

There are a couple of core versions of DayZ - I play the oldest version: DayZ mod off Arma 2. The guy who wrote the mod has created a stand alone version DayZ SA, which is in Alpha, and also, he and the community have ported the DayZ mod onto the Arma 3 platform. Additionally, DayZ mod has quite a few variants, but they are all free once you own Arma 2, and Arma 2 operation arrow head. I picked up the entire Arma 2 family of games for £5 on steam, and recently my sister did the same ,which ain't a bad price at all.

I'll try to find you on steam tonight and add you. keep shooting dude!
Dr.Flay
FOD
FOD

Post by Dr.Flay »

I watch a few streamers and obviously the legend that is Frankie.
It is worth noting that the mod versions are more complete than the standalone.
People still prefer the older Day-Z because server admin can provide a more varied experience and include decent AI events.
Well managed servers with AI events tend to be less of a death match fest, because people often need big teams to achieve a goal.

In my opinion the zombies are not enough of a threat, or ammo is often too plentiful, because players tend to feel that shooting zombies is a waste of bullets, but shooting players is not a waste.
That attitude makes it a people survival game, not a zombie survival game.

If I had developed it I would have assumed players will just want to shoot on sight, so add more karma and reasons not to.
The reward of getting the hero skin just does not compete with the desire to be bad.
When these types of games are first given to the public to test, every one uses the same excuse for why they shoot on sight. No built in VOIP.
It seems that everyone has forgotten the "friendly dance" or chooses to forget it.
In the established versions I also too often see people shoot people because they do not answer a spoken question.
Not everyone has a microphone, not everyone understands English, and most people cannot understand bad English.
If you hear some one say something that you cannot understand, you naturally turn or move to hear it better, however in the world of Day-Z this will make you very very dead.
Being snipped from a huge distance is also a common death, getting in any form of vehicle will also put a death warrant on your head.
Being any where near Frankie or especially getting in a vehicle with him, will also guarantee you are about to die.

If you find an experienced and trustworthy server admin, you can have a fun time.
I recommend looking for Sp00neys house. He hosted UT until the Day-Z bug took over. He uses AI events to keep players from needing to shoot players, and plays it for fun not head-count. He will welcome Unreal cousins with open arms, and you can have more of a Coop experience there.
http://www.sp00neysplace.co.uk/custompage.php?pID=16
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Hay BBG - there are loads of people with the same steam ID - got any more to go on to find you? LOL

Cheers
Dave