227G

POST PLAYING SETTINGS AND SUGGESTIONS HERE
Oldsparky

227G

Post by Oldsparky »

I have been experimenting with a 227G Lan server. Looks promising, few minor bumps yet. I am playing exclusively on 227F now as a client. I find it works better with multi core processors and especially Windows 7.
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Re: 227G

Post by SpiNacH »

227 Rocks as a client IMO

Recommend to all! Unless still running a p3 or less :P

Hats off to Smirftsch and Co

While still the odd crash, most stable version for me
DX9 renderer :)
BotBot
FOD
FOD

Post by BotBot »

i changed to 227f from the good old 225 :oops:
and it works fine after changing from OpenGl to DX9 :)

but still fog, especially when you get hit by any hostile weapons,is irritating.
i got nearly a heart attack when i saw all the possibilities to adjust the grafic with this new NVIDIA card/drivers and i don't understand more than 10% of the attributes :(

would it make sence to post the ini-file or does any samplefile exist?

btw: my favorite coop-map "skaarjicastle" i got a local copy, is not playable anymore for me.
first the AL-Sound throws the mistake, after changing other cryptical nonsens blocked the start.
i noticed that this map for example isnt playable in difficulty "unreal" ( former time i played with softwarerendering).

any hints?

thx
Bot²
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Don't use OpenAL, most of the time it does not work with most older mappacks. Even though it is claimed to be deprecated, I recommend Galaxy Audio with the sound rate set to 44010Hz, set 3dhardware to false because having it true will cause crackling afaik. If galaxy does not work though use FMOD
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Hmm wonder where Kill pool went hehe