Well

Post by Oldsparky »

UT server pretty much a flop. Comments?
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Well

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

well, i have an opinion regarding ut99 - i think it is good fun, especially in company, but: an admin is almost required, since from time to time the session seems unstable. one problem, i think that causes mostly the lack of use: the server seems rather often to restart the original unreal-maps - that affects the decision to join the unreal1 coop. maybe - if technical an option - the server could offer the portal-map, maybe as well as when the server has been idle for a couple of hours. maybe most player just don't want to play the whole original unreal series just before they can chose a new set of maps in portal-map.
besides that, i learned how much time and effort especially tomkatrebel, also you sparky and beachbumguy put into that server offering a great gameplay!
WOOF! ;)
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
BotBot
FOD
FOD

Post by BotBot »

ut99wasn't designed for single player or coop. thats fact!

playing big maps is fun, movement a tick better than unreal.

but:
you got hit, when seeing rockets in far distance homing you (mismatch grafic and serveraction)
you got hit through door when pawns are fireing behind, very nice in housefights
ut99 weapons are too strong
translocator, why...
different weapon sets
much worse: different weapon sets mixed
using spawner, some maps couldn't be ended, f.e. darklord...

so, i am playing some time ut99, but i prefer unreal.
thx for setting up the server.

feliz navidad and a good slide into 2012 :)
BotBot
Pete
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by Pete »

Well... I really liked our UT99 server. I'm sad to see it go. Slightly different gameplay and use of weapons from Unreal 1 was nice cause suddenly everything wasnt so easy anymore. UT server was a wellcome change.

Oh yeah it had problems but so what. Mike did so much work on it and it really got better all the time. For example portal to mappacks was awesome, something you would wellcome to U1 also.

The presense of Admins because of the problems... Well, I for one am allmost allways reachable through fb, email or some other media :)

So I would like to see it back.
Last edited by Pete on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete-Fin-(DOG)-
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Make a MH server..and Im there :D
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

So you quit the DOG clan because no one played in the UT server or supported you. Im sorry sir but that is inmature. The reasons for being in this clan is for friendships, fun gaming and family. If any of these where not the reason you asked to be in DOG then I agree...but Im sure you know that by now. So you really should stop quitting DOG so often. All of you who quit at least once a year...just take some time off..go watch some TV then come back and have fun. Take this from a guy that lost count how many times I quitted in the last past 10 yrs..until I finally figured out why I was really a DOG member!
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hmm....

rubi, don't take that issue so serious! really no reason to quit -(DOG)- ....just think about taco's words - he's completely right!

i thought you were doing great with your "rubies 5 stars"-server, so why don't you just concentrate on that, and pause on the ut server? maybe you just did not get that support on the ut-project, because not too many are experienced with setting up coop on ut?! ....i would have helped you, but i have no clue about ut and coop.

well, try not to be that emotional and sensitive - it's all about a game! not your abilities how to set up a server or solve some technical issues define you being a -(DOG)-member but moreover the way how you treat your family and friends!

WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Ah, it sounds like taking-a-break-time to me :)

We've all been there Rubi !! So no worries, take some time for urself and come back when u feel like it.

Hope to see u soon :)
Greets,
Ruud.
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Agree with the guy from the Netherlands who wears wooden shoes on the weekend while playing Mafia Wars on Facebook :D
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Unreal Breakdown Syndrome.........yes, I agree with the Beach guy who agrees with the Taco guy go agrees with the Wooden Shoes Guy from the Netherlands who wears wooden shoes on the weekend while playing Mafia Wars on Facebook.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Don't let the UT project pull you down. As far as I've seen, many players enjoyed it.
I don't think it was a mistake and there is no reason to feel bad because of it. You did a great job with it, but things need time to grow and patience in development.
I know, sometimes it can be very frustrating when you want to fix issues, but there is missing knowledge for it.
I'm already going through this for more than 4 years. You can not learn everything in one day, it needs time and it's an endless process. With time you will improve more and more.
Today I can do fixes I never could do in the past because I had not the knowledge for it, but I keep learning to improve myself.

Give yourself more time and patience. You know more about UT than I do, LOL I bet everyone knows more about it than me :lol: . I even have never seen it, but I still have the hope, that I can visit the server one day when my pcs finally fixed (still waiting for it :lol: ).

And remember:
DOG is more than only the UT server or the game. ;) :)