Bubbles will be MIA

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Bubbles
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Bubbles will be MIA

Post by Bubbles »

I'm sorry to report I will be missing you all online for a couple of days. My son came to visit for Thanksgiving weekend, left me with a nasty Virus and took all the game cd's out of thier cases and took the cd's with him. What timing. Well Mrs. Bubbles just ordered me Unreal Gold off Ebay, had original Unreal, should be here in a day or two. Insert swear wood here " ". Sparky Thanks for the offer to help, this Virus was running rampid. Found it, but it would replicate, rename itself and reboot every time I deleted it from MSconfig. Restore points were removed.

Be back soon,

Bubbles
Bubbles
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: Bubbles will be MIA

Post by Bubbles »

Please don't laugh, Re installed windows, programs, driver, ETC , ETC. No unreal CD. started looking around to ensure I had all the patches, maps and so on, so i opened the unreal folder thought I would try to see if the unreal Icon would launch, well it did, video driver is a little strange but I can still play till the gold version arrives. :lol:

Bubbles
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Bubbles wrote:Please don't laugh, Re installed windows, programs, driver, ETC , ETC. No unreal CD. started looking around to ensure I had all the patches, maps and so on, so i opened the unreal folder thought I would try to see if the unreal Icon would launch, well it did, video driver is a little strange but I can still play till the gold version arrives. :lol:

Bubbles
maybe installing the 227e patch would fix this...
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Bubbles wrote:Please don't laugh, Re installed windows, programs, driver, ETC , ETC. No unreal CD. started looking around to ensure I had all the patches, maps and so on, so i opened the unreal folder thought I would try to see if the unreal Icon would launch, well it did, video driver is a little strange but I can still play till the gold version arrives. :lol:

Bubbles
Did u know u can even run Unreal from an usb stick :) !!
--= Keep Running =--
FOD

Post by Masterman »

External USB Harddrives are your freind!

Good X-Mas present.... "ahem"
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Too bad on my router aint an usb port.

But, set my eyes on this1 : http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10844

Can u add it to my x-mas list ?
--= Keep Running =--
FOD

Post by Masterman »

This is what I have:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=391

Bout the size of an empty wallet and I copy all my games, music, pics, etc to it and can put it in my pocket wherever I go...:)
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Yep, i got one of those. 80Gb but its working.

But since everyone in the house has his/her own computer i wanna buy a big external HD. So we all can reach the same files. Which has to have an utp connection since there's no usb-port on my router (now why aint there one on there anno 2008 ??????)

Then i thought.....it would be nice to play all my movies from HD direct on tv.
Now i put my mpg's on a stick and put that into the usb-port on my tv, works very good. But the stick has to be on fat32 otherwise my tv wont see it. But then again, some movies are >4gb...not gonna work....

Anyways, going to a big computer-outlet this weekend, hopefully they got something for me....and if not...its still on my list !!!So u know what u can get me :)
--= Keep Running =--
FOD

Post by Masterman »

You don't need to plug an external HDD into your router, wever. You can just share the files over your network, or are you trying to setup a media center you can access from your TV?
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Yes, something like a mediacentre would be good.
I wanna stream the movies from that drive directly to my tv, without the 'help' of my comp.
At least i thought that was possible....
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Post by Bubbles »

Well, I had a great ski vacation, got unpacked turn on the computer to do a little fraggin, hard drive failure, ok reboot and low and behold no hard drive to be found. So I'm out one more day. New hard drive time. See you all tomorrow hope you had a great Christmas. I'm borrowing Mrs. Bubbles laptop to post :) good thing I got a new copy of unreal gold :)

Cheers,

Bubbles
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Good to know ur back undamaged :)
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Post by Bubbles »

Sorry for the delay, New hard drive and unreal gold installed. A little different but soon to be back. still playing with keybindings and the different menu :)
Wisdom(DOG)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Wisdom(DOG) »

No Worries Bubbles, we're all waiting..............patiently...............waiting...........and still waiting.............ok hurry up already!! I can't wait any longer.......hehehe....glad your back bud! See you in the server. Was just hearing on the news about all the people caught in avalanches this year, so glad your back. That was a crazy amount of snow we've had just in the past 2 weeks. This Has Been....
Words Of Wisdom!!:)