The new RTNP by Roland

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
Oldsparky

The new RTNP by Roland

Post by Oldsparky »

Posted on Oldunreal forum and directed to map modifier Roland.

If your unhappy with the minor mods we have made, I can remove them from the Newbies Servers and not run them at all. Not a problem. Doesn't matter to me as we have 450 other maps, but if you want them played on the Newbies Servers or not its up to you. Just tell me what you want Roland. The map sequencer solution will not work when you have 400+ maps. We do not run maps that cause the game play to hang, without fixing the problem. The reason we are running your maps is to try extend to you a favor to show what work you have done. We can certainly do without them. Just make it clear to me, the server admin what you desire. We are not new at server administration and my patience and time for 17 maps is not finite.

Sorry if I sound gruff, but make your desires clear and I will implement them.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: The new RTNP by Roland

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hmm, would be pity if the maps couldn't run. They are better than the old ones. Some bad errors are fixed and only few left. These maps are close to the original ones. If it's not possible to run them, the other ones can be modified if necessary.
I've just read the posts on Oldunreal. There are some points I do not agree.

On Coop maps Nalis shouldn't be used for main things. They are good for secrets or something like that, but never for main things like opening necessary doors for example. I've seen that so often, that Nalis are not reliable. If you can find a way to make them work 150% it's ok, but otherwise it should be changed.

Jackrabbit wrote, that some original Unreal1 maps are changed here on the server.[and I guess when he writes 'original' he means the maps from Vortex till EndGame] THAT'S NOT TRUE! There is no single Unreal1 map changed. In that case I would not be able to join the maps. I never got a mismatch here with one of the original maps. It's true, that some of them can get stuck in bad cases. Other servers use a mutator to fix that, like Zombie does on his Server. There is only one map which I can't join and that's Unreal.unr. The reason for that is, because I use another umx file on my map.

About the Toxin Suits, I think they should be respawnable. On some servers bRespawnAll is set to True, but not on Newbies Servers. To decrease the damage per second in the slime is no solution. Most Players don't like it to get damage for nothing. It's no problem to add respawnable Suits or any other thing which need to respawn. You don't even need an extra file for that. And changing the ZoneInfo is also a change on a map, so it makes no difference.

About the Scout file, I could see that many Players were loading the Scout.unr instead of Scout.uax. If the mapname is changed, that will no longer be a problem. But the idea to change the name to MPScout.uax is the best I think. That will avoid problems with other versions.
Last edited by £éè£å-(DOG)- on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: change of opinion