Shot squelch

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
Oldsparky

Shot squelch

Post by Oldsparky »

I have turned on shot squelch (keeps others shots from affecting you) on the coop server. You can turn it on and off in your own game, type help in the Jz coop console. I have also added a monster spawner that will add extra monsters to the maps. we have the levels set low now, but will gradually increase them to the best possible value. This is a mod written by Tom Kat, and If your interested in it, please get it from him. I dont know if its for public release. He says this ran on the Lone Wolf server for a long time. Let us know what you think of these changes. Do they make the game more fun? :?:
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: Shot squelch

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

DZMapm by zombie has a monster spawner too, wonder how much this one is different.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
Vertigo
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Vertigo »

Well, sir...

You pretty much just vaporized the sources of about 75% of the big gripe-causing issues on the COOP server! Thank you very much!!!

Now if we could only find a way to censor those mental midgets who don't know what "no profanity" means, we'd be cookin with some serious Crisco!

lol.

You're the man, err... Dog, Sparky!
V
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I noticed this monsterspawn has waves, just as asgard's one...well if tomkatrebel can pm me the mod, it would be good, I know of server who would want to use it.

Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

TomKatRebel-(DOG)- wrote:Sorry Leo, but I would rather keep this one just for newbies at this point in time.
It would be for Bio-hazard...he had to remove asgard's monsterspawn because it crashed in few large maps like skaarjtower, which is why I would like replacement for him...

I know someone else made similar monsterspawn too, but I lost that one...

jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

Concerning the new Monster Spawning and Shotsquelchall.

Monster spawning I have no problem leaving up to the majority of players.
Shotsquelchall I don't feel is the best route to take. Players are made better by having
to take better aim at their targets (monsters). Rather than just "run and gun".Our goal is to
have fun and be better players. If there is a problem with a player continually shooting players
let the admin take care of it instead of penalizing the rest of the players for the mistakes of a few.
Thank You for Listening
jàçká£-(DOG)-
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

I think I agree with Jackal, but lets hear the rest of you.
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vertigo
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Vertigo »

Even though I'm sure I'll still catch flack for using it, I'm just stoked that I can get all Buck-Wild with my minigun again (say what you want about it, but it is always tactically advantageous to pin the enemy down with a rapid fire assault!), without nailing my bretheren in the crossfire!

Vertigo + High rate-of-fire automatic weapons = :D
V
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

I am in total agreement with Jackal on this one.
When I first started playing at Newbie's squelch was enabled. I had no problem racking up the most kills by just going "Buck-Wild". However I certainly died waaaaaaay too much (may even hold the record for this :o ) and my kill to death ratio was rather embarassing.
Then squelch was enabled and I actually had to mind my fire :( I did not care for this at first, but it certainly made me a much much better coop player (although I have a long long way to go compared to some of our vets).
I do realize that the membership is somewhat split on this one as I have asked many as to their opinon on this matter. Believe me, before I was admin I was shot into lava many times by malicious players and understand totally why you guys want it enabled.
I really like w3rm's suggestion of it being off by default, but being able to be enabled should some jerk start causing problems when no admin is present. Also, it seems on map change it resets? where I am pretty sure on other servers it sticks on map change?
As with anything, having squelch enabled has it's cons as well. I have played Unreal coop many years, and have seen most of the malicious exploits by now. I have already recieved a few complaints regarding this. With squelch enabled, malicious players need only lay or stand in front of movers to prevent the map from progressing. I have seen this many many times, and with no admin present the game halts. So having squelch enabled also has its drawbacks.
As to the spawner.............this is a hard one. As an oldskool player (well. more old than schooled.....unless I am playing DM, then I always get schooled :( , I don't really care for it. Does it add more challenge to the maps? it certainly does. However, IMO many many unreal servers do this better. with waaaaaay over the top mods and settings. I mean absolutely no disrespect to TomKat or his coding abilities, of which I hold both in the highest regard.
But to me, and I think a few of the older Unreal players, Jackal's coop is one of the last bastions of Unreal vanilla coop, and that was one of the reasons I started playing here.
Hats off to Spark and all -(DOG)- members for trying to shake things up and give the players what they want.
Please try not to flame me as in the last post, as this is only my opinion, and my leaves are quite delicate :o

SpiN

I
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

It seems like a lot of other people want this turned off

I think having it on is benefical, but I'd be willing to try with shot squelch off, just to see if it gets better or worse, and I'm sure I already know the answer to this, but sometimes I guess wrong, It's worth a try imo
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

No TKR that comment was not aimed at you, but rather MU and w3rm. But they both certainly have the right to voice their opinion, as any member does.
But agreed, so many things are double edged sword.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

No TKR that comment was not aimed at you, but rather MU and w3rm.....
Oh no :(

No, I did not mean to flame or anything like that, I guess you could say I was a bit hyper at the time, I'm sorry if I had offended, that was not at all my intention