Goodbye Old Friend!

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
GoodOleTaco

Goodbye Old Friend!

Post by GoodOleTaco »

We are deeply saddened at the lost of our dear friend, mentor and clan leader, OldSparky-(DOG)-. As someone said today, Unreal will never be the same! Please keep his wife Betty, his son, Joe (Sickpup) and the rest of the family in your thoughts and prayers!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Goodbye Old Friend!

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

this is really very sad news!! ;(

rest in peace, my friend! thank you for your time on earth and everything you did for us! you will be missed and never forgotten!! :(
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

There's a lot to say right now, but finding the right words is hard..
Thank you for everything you have contributed and done, you will surely be missed, my thoughts are with you and your family.
Suicide_Sid
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Suicide_Sid »

Rest in peace my friend, both Eddie and I will always remember you and all you have done for us, every time I go to type tears well up, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, much love to you we will meet one day.
Hyper
FOD
FOD

Post by Hyper »

This is very sad news. We have lost a very nice and very well respected member of the Unreal community. It was a pleasure to play with OldSparky-(DOG)- at their NewbiesPlayground servers and it was an honour to have him on the forums. You will be missed here on earth. Best wishes to his family regarding this loss.
Alter your reality...forever.

http://www.hypercoop.tk
[url]unreal://unreal.hypercoop.tk[/url]
Nikola-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by Nikola-(DOG)- »

It is not long time since I joined -DOG- clan as a member, but during all that time till now I had an opportunities to meet great people online. It is very sad, I know the feel when you lose somebody precious to you. The times are hard especially for his family. Rest in peace Sparky.

" Old people smell funny!"
UNREAL
BotBot
FOD
FOD

Post by BotBot »

Good bye Sparky :(

You was a great player and person. We will miss you a lot.

My heartfelt sympathy to the family!
cookiemonster[MoA]
FOD
FOD

Post by cookiemonster[MoA] »

This is very sad. He was/is a big part of Unreal. I have known him almost from the beginning. Rest In Peace my friend!!
Syntax-Error
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Syntax-Error »

I was speechless when I heard the news.

Very sad to hear the Sparkster left this world.
My condolences for his family and friends.

Sparky was a gentle, warm and friendly fellow.
My thoughts will be with him and his family.

I wish them all the strength and wisdom to give this a place in their hearts...

Goodbye old friend!

Woof Woof!

Syntax-Error
Syntax-Error

TEN - The Errorist Network
www.errorist.tk
Diehard
FOD
FOD

Post by Diehard »

Its really a long time ago since i talked to him, and as always you all of a sudden you regret something like that, but there's no turning back to it....

Aside we talked a few times in the past we also shared some mails and the thing i liked on Newbies Playground(e.g. OldSparky) is when the Celtic Warriors were still there we had a very similar goal in our head. Teach new players how to play, teach new players how to behave, don't go after them simply because they are an easy prey.

And as always it comes as a very sad surprise, i just received the mail about him passing away. A great loss for the family and Unreal. From what i know from him and what i remember he was simply a very nice and gentle guy. And to his wife Betty and his son Joe, i wish you get all the support from you family and friends and your church in these difficult times, and i hope time will soon heal the wounds and you will be able to give it a place in your life(and heart) and that all the good memories(there must be tons of it) about him will always be there.
DìèHárd»§ÇW§
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

I am so saddened by this news, such a loss. Glen was such a great human being, the likes of which I have rarely met before. Teacher, mentor, friend, always willing to share his wisdom and compassion.

He was always there in time of need for so many of us. Glen had a heart of gold, so rare in these times.

My condolences to his family and friends, he shall be sorely missed.
Shred-(DOG)-

Post by Shred-(DOG)- »

rest in peace old friend you will all ways be in are hearts
FUD
FOD
FOD

Post by FUD »

Quite a shock! Really stunning!

My condolences to his family and all here.

It won't be the same without him. :(

Goodbye young friend.
Almost certainly the oldest!
FUD (Fear - Uncertainty - Doubt)
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I have no words
For me Sparky was not only a friend, he was also a teacher and like a father in difficult times. He always cared for others.
I can't believe he is gone.

My condolences and prayers go to his wife Betty, son Joe, to Marvin and the rest of the family and friends.
He will live on in our hearts and never be forgotten.

Karina
Dr.Flay
FOD
FOD

Post by Dr.Flay »

So sad when the best of us leaves.
Those that stay clan-leader with respect and for so long, prove their worth as a human-being in a very public way.

Imagine telling a young Sparky that one day he will create a multinational-legacy of friends and fun, that will live on beyond his years, and carry his name and attitude into the future.
He would have laughed at the idea, but look at what his simple pursuit of fun and most importantly, the sharing of fun has created.

I regret not being an active member here, as I have missed the chance to pick his brains. So I hope the rest of you were paying attention, as you are part of his legacy.

It saddens me to see the growing amount of U-servers over the years with R.I.P. or dedicated to the memory of..., but it also warms my heart every time, as every time I join one of those servers, I know I am partaking in something loved by someone, who was also loved and much missed.

Each time my old Unreal friends get ill I quietly panic, as those old-farts that stand the test of time, are usually the most valuable.
They are the beacons of light in the dark, and they leave light and enlightenment in their wake.
Old Sparky was such a beacon, and look around. His light still glows, and his spark will live on way into the dawn of Unreal (which I suspect will outlive us all).

Certain things have been a constant over the years. Beacons you could get your bearings from.
For me it was this place for Unreal, and Hooks house for UT. If I can see those lights burning I know the Unreal world is still alive and friendly (That is why I finally stopped lurking.)
We don't get long-service medals and badges of honour, but people like OldSparky, Smirftch, Hook, Hermski and Beagle should all be wearing a chest full.
We don't have a wall of honour for our fallen heros, we have our websites.
Can I suggest a collar and lead with the tag OldSparky be hung on a peg in the corner of the site ?
Perhaps at some point a tribute map may also be in order ?