Annoying player

Posts related to MM 850 and MM INF servers
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Annoying player

Post by SpiNacH »

Was just trying to play on the 850 MM server. Player named wish_boones was fragging everyone instead of playing MM. Would like to see this player banned please. Even long time player Vul said this player a problem. I play MM server rarely these days, but this player is ruining it.

Ty
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Annoying player

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hey spin, thank you for the information!
i got the player information from the security file and set him on the banlist of all newbies servers!

BanList=(ClientIP="99.240.148.232",ClientName="salope_En_Chaleur,canadian_Club,pee-stains,dont_soot_me,wishful_Stinking,Wish_Boones",ClientID=2144807628,ClientIdentNr=1256672989)
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

If you need help, plz hit me up. Im on Facebook all day, 9 am to 9 pm PST. Or email me... Woofers!
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Thank you Strat, not even sure I have admin over there, but I sure do not know the commands for uteam. And yes I know, login and type help lols.

This is same reason I prefer jcoopz, just an old Dog who don't want to learn new tricks. I am just so familiar with jcoopz, I don't want to learn ugold. It is a lame excuse, but this is truly the only reason I dislike ugold. With jcoopz I know enough commands to show off a bit, like dropping a bad player over and over into lava to make my point about shooting players into lava.

Now that we run ugold, I am now a Newbie admin, who doesn't know what to do in many circumstances. I hope this clarifies why I prefer jcoopz to you.

But thank you for dealing with this problem player, although I wish I could have admined some sense into them instead of ban........ I hate ban.

Thanks Strat
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

well spin, first of all, you got admin-privileges on the uteam servers as well - tho uteam got a problem handling the special characters in playernames and individual admins need a combination of playername and password there. the uteam admins use sparky's masterpassword since that is not bound to a certain playername and it doesn't matter how many admins use that pw the same time (whereas on jcoopz it caused issues, when more than 1 admins used the same pw!).

regarding the commands that an old dog may not learn: no matter if jcoopz, uteam, edm or ugoldmp, not too long after switching the servers from 225 to 227, we agreed to use the internal 227 security system for these kick/ban-actions to have a common ban-system on all newbies servers (any gamemode comes with its own banning system, additional to that, we also used the kickban.u mutator - so we needed badly a unified protection system) - that is easiest way for all admins, and we easily can transfer bans from one server to the other using the internal 227 security (security.ini).
so, this is still the most important action an admin needs to do regarding security: ban a player that causes troubles! and all an admin needs to do, is to open the ADMIN MENU (console-command: UShowAdminMenu or simply use the key set for it or even just use the unreal menu when hitting the ESC-key). when logged in as admin, you can ban/kick any player who needs a treatment.

the admin-actions you refer to, are still the same (referring to ugoldmp, not uteam!!)..... you ghost to a certain location and summonp that player over and over there - this did not change! i suggest you should try the commands you were used to, then we can discuss if you still need to feel like a "noob"-admin.
what else is needed to do as a coop admin: if the crowd asks to switch to a certain map... you still use the same command: SWITCHLEVEL <MAPFILENAME> (only if you want to switch to the next map in rotation - this changed: instead of typing ADVANCE, you need to type NEXTLEVEL). what else would you do as an admin on coop servers? SHOWTAGS and CAUSEEVENT are still used the same way. same as GOTOP and SUMMONP or END ON, END OFF as well as GIVEITEM....

so, once again, i ask you: what do you need to learn compared to what you were used to know? you just need to learn additional commands that are available now, if you WANT to! and no, this is not a graduation test, just some commands....

and please don't mix up UGoldMP ("Jackals Coop", "Advanced Coop") and UTeam ("Monster Mash 850", "Monster Mash INF", "Sickpuppys DogHouse KOTH", "OldSparky's Memorial DM") . on UTeam the admin commands always had been different, no matter if compared to JCoopZ or UGoldMP! (OldSparky always preferred UTeamFix - he even wanted to run the coop servers on the UTeamFix gamemode - TomKatRebel reported me - but that caused too many issues, so they switched to JCoopZ then....)

ok, i hope i could clarify this misunderstanding now and i ask all admins to peek into the UGoldMP.txt file of the latest release of UGoldMP as we are discussing this in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3112

thank you!
WOOF! WOOF!
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Thanks for the info Strat, although I could not access the ugoldmp.txt link you posted. I think my permissions on the forum are somewhat limited as I could not access some files and pics on some posts.

I do realize many of my old tricks and commands work with ugoldmp (thank goodness, or there would be no end to my complaining lols!). My only goal here Strat, is to be as effective an admin as I once was with jcoopz. As a DOG, I dislike the idea of being neutered.........lols.

I realize my contribution to the clan is minimal compared to so many others. Being a half decent admin is all I am able to contribute, and with these changes I feel I don't even have that to offer now. But you certainly cannot shoulder the entire clan and servers without support, so I shall try to learn what I can to help in what small capacity I am able to. Thank you for you patience and understanding.

Unreal forever,
SpiN
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Is there a list somewhere of ALL admin commands? Much like Spin, I feel like a noob admin. I been away for so long, there are so many changes, so Im not sure if the old and traditional commands work the same. I rather have a list and not screw things up or kick ban myself..lol!
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

ah...I found this post...gracias Strat!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3084
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

hey spin,

sorry, after merging the coop and server admin forum, it seems that not all permissions were set correctly. you should now be able to access the forum without issues. of course, you have not been limited - LOL :)

if there are still issues, let me know.

btw. you are still one of the best coop admins i could think of! you taught me a lot and i rely on you very much! :D

WOOF! WOOF!
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

hey taco,

glad you found it ;) if you got any questions, let me know. currently there are uteam and ugoldmp commands to be used.
regarding banning or kicking: please use the 227 internal security system - open admin menue, right click on the player who needs "treatment" and select the desired action ;)
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

strategy-(DOG)- wrote:hey spin, thank you for the information!
i got the player information from the security file and set him on the banlist of all newbies servers!

BanList=(ClientIP="99.240.148.232",ClientName="salope_En_Chaleur,canadian_Club,pee-stains,dont_soot_me,wishful_Stinking,Wish_Boones",ClientID=2144807628,ClientIdentNr=1256672989)
I have a lot of information about this "player", including other IP addresses that this particular player uses. I will make a post about this player in the admin section if Strategy thinks it's necessary, because this player is still around being a pain (saw him a few days ago). Not going to post much here since IIRC, this section is publicly readable.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

V00D00 wrote:I have a lot of information about this "player", including other IP addresses that this particular player uses. I will make a post about this player in the admin section if Strategy thinks it's necessary, because this player is still around being a pain (saw him a few days ago). Not going to post much here since IIRC, this section is publicly readable.
hey voodoo! oh of course, please don't hesitate to use the admin's forum! ty!
x21
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by x21 »

I had to ban this player on my server as he would not stop shooting players on my server.

x21