Bush-Cricket plays Unreal too! (or something)

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Bush-Cricket plays Unreal too! (or something)

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Hope the attachments work. Enjoy the munching of pear. Can you recognize the species? I think it's decticus albifrons and not verricuvorus due to some differences though from the top it's not exactly clear. Or some mix between the two. In that one image it seems as if the ovipositor is larger than the wings but its not when she wasn't moving. I saved her from a big storm, but released her yesterday already. Because of the ovipositor size and color and other signs it seems its albifrons to me. Perhaps it moved up because of climate change.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
Nikola-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Bush-Cricket plays Unreal too! (or something)

Post by Nikola-(DOG)- »

I can't really tell what kind of spieces it is :).
By the way, I took a picture of this insect yesterday while cleaning my car. It was sitting by the window.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UNREAL
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Sarance Modrokridla. Blue-wing grasshopper. Or something very closely related. Try to see what color the wings are, the lower wings. czech: Podivej se jakou ma barvu pod krovkama nebo zkus at vzletne, myslim si ze je to modrokridle sarance nebo jedna z jeho variant.

Fact is, lately the insect species are shuffling due to temperature changes and what used to be in one place isn't so anymore. Last year Prague was swarmed by Long-winged bush crickets and tree crickets. I haven't been in Bohemia this year in the summer so I can't say what the situation is there.

But these blue wing grasshoppers and similar bigger grasshopers/locusts love dry hot areas.

Nikola-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by Nikola-(DOG)- »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:06 pm Sarance Modrokridla. Blue-wing grasshopper. Or something very closely related. Try to see what color the wings are, the lower wings. czech: Podivej se jakou ma barvu pod krovkama nebo zkus at vzletne, myslim si ze je to modrokridle sarance nebo jedna z jeho variant.
Já jsem to právě fotila a hned na to chvilku to odlétlo, takže jsem se nestihla moc podívat...

I just took the picture and then it flew away so I did not see the wings.
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:06 pm Fact is, lately the insect species are shuffling due to temperature changes and what used to be in one place isn't so anymore. Last year Prague was swarmed by Long-winged bush crickets and tree crickets. I haven't been in Bohemia this year in the summer so I can't say what the situation is there.
But these blue wing grasshoppers and similar bigger grasshopers/locusts love dry hot areas.
Také nevím jak v Praze, ikdyž bydlím kousek, ale minulý měsíc jsem se byla podívat na Karlštejně a všimla jsem si tam hmyzu, který jsem předtím nikde neviděla. Létalo to tam úplně všude a bylo toho hodně. Nějaké nápady co by to mohlo být?

I don't know about the situation in Prague too, although I live near. Last month I went to visit the Karlstejn castle and noticed there was some kind of insect I've never seen before. It was flying all over the place. Any ideas what is it?
UNREAL
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

That belongs in the butterflies. They are a very diverse and large family and usually those are just seen somewhere deep in the nature. Don't know the exact species, my guess is that it's one of "Nesytka".

There are so many species that it's much more difficult than guessing grasshopper or cricket-relatives. And I am technically experienced with those.

Those always have translucent wings and this doesn't though. So it's not 'nesytka', but it is a butterfly.

Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Here is a beetle (Tesarik Pizmovy most probably) that my bf saw on a front door of the building and I brought him outside on an unfolded tissue. Those are quite big.

It's apparently called the Musk Beetle in english.

Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Seriously, is this the african bee or africanized? This is not a normal bee.

*turns into Nicolas Cage*

OHHHH! NOOO NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAAAAAAAARGGHGGGH

Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Those are rather old pics now but are related to the bush cricket topic.
This bush cricket is a tettigonia one, but not veridissima or cantans. I don't know the exact name for this one specifically. They are very similar but I'll show one of the other types to see that they are indeed different, later. I still have more photos whether or not related to crickets..

Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

The first picture is of the regular Tettigonia Cantans. Its just the female and other males seem to be of slightly different types that I am not exactly familiar with but it could as well have been just a regional variant of Cantans...

The second picture is what I'd like personally to be called the blueberry grasshopper.

EDIT: the order of the pictures got swapped so when I talk of the second picture it's actually the first one displayed here.
I tried to upload this now with the regular browser I am using so it works here on the forums. The problem is, it stopped working with my webmail at volny even with the other browser that's more involved for me to use...so the bad news is atm I can't attach anything into e mail message anymore, I should complain to them to breaking compat constantly.