Knee-injury

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

I just had a minor, minor surgery Wever, and I thought there is no way I could look at the screen, but when you don't feel the pain, it's different. It's like you're watching TV and they're doing it to someone else. I watched, it's truly amazing how far technology has come today.

Prayers for you all that day. :)

You'll do just fine. One good thing, I think, is at least you're not going under full anesthesia. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say, when they put you under you're always afraid you won't wake up ;)

A little hint to help pass the time if you don't want to watch -

"Our Father............................." over and over and over ;)

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Thanks ladies :):):):):)
--= Keep Running =--
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

i think you should have a real close look at what they do,

then if i ever need to i could ask u to do my knee for no cost :P

good luck to ya, im sure you'll be ok Wever
Oldsparky

Good Luck

Post by Oldsparky »

We are all pulling and praying that this goes smooth and as planned. Please have your wife or someone tell us how it goes either here or in the shout box.

We are anxiously waiting to hear results.

Sparky :?:
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

He should be sleeping now. .... I will be praying tonight, and from the moment I awaken.... trying to adjust for the time difference.
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Surgery should be over now. Praying Wever... !!!

www.firesong.com
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

No ones heard anything???

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Nope, not yet.

www.firesong.com
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Hmm. I thought I just saw Wever hobbling by my living room widow. Oh no..that is drunk neighbour
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Taco-(DOG)- wrote:Hmm. I thought I just saw Wever hobbling by my living room widow. Oh no..that is drunk neighbour
Ehmm....considering the condition i'm under...it could be me Mr Taco.....
--= Keep Running =--

Okay, an update:

Knee operation went all ok :). After 3 days in the hospital they sent me home, i was able to bend the knee 90 degrees. Not without pain, but what the heck...i can go home!

Its now a week after, and the knee is still filled with fluid. Bending is hard to do, specially in the mornings. I wear a brace so i'm able to walk a bit inside the house with no 'walking-sticks' (dunno the english name for it).
It has been snowing overhere so walking outside was not an option anyways :)

I've put myself on a tight schedule to when i have to excercise. Means lifting and stretching the knee and leg. Its still hard to do, but every lift is one less to do :).

Tomorrow i've got my 1st appntment with the therapyst. Anxious to hear what he/she has to say about the knee.
I'm having therapy in the hospital, with a group of ppl with same kinda injury.

Thats it for now :)
Be gentle for me when u try to shoot me and see me limbing .....

But most of all:
THANKS EVERYONE for the great support i had !!!
--= Keep Running =--
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

thats good news, just hope the rehabillitation goes well now, if u stick to the excercises and what the therapist recommends, im sure you'll get better.
my friend recently dislocated his arm at his shoulder, he was a bit lazy about doing what he could to help it get better because the longer he was 'injured' the more time of work with pay he would get. But i told him in the long run he will suffer more if it does not heal properly.

I was just wondering tho, u did this playing football, right? Will you ever be bale to play again, be a shame if you cant :(

anyways, 'walking sticks' = Crutches :wink:
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

That is great great news Wever!! You did very well, from experience I know what it is like. The physical therapy will boost the process of getting your knee and leg back to working order. Keep us updated with your progress.

:D :D :D

www.firesong.com
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

It has almost been two weeks now since surgery. Still cant lift my leg while laying down.....yaiks.... some pain is still there...:(

The wounds are healing nicely but i feel there's still a lotta fluid inside. That makes it hard to bend it.
Maybe i'm overdueing, and train too hard....the knee must have time rest and recover.
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

What do the physical therapists have to say?

Yes, there is still fluid in the knee area, the body's way of protecting it right now. It will go down. Two things you can do if you get permission. Ice it down to relieve fluid, and heat for bending... do the heat first, bend... then after your done, ice. But, please talk to PT first. It is slow going at first then, after time, the healing comes in bigger leaps. Be patient. :D

www.firesong.com