New coop server

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

New coop server

Post by SpiNacH »

Another coop server provided by Old Sparky.

Thanks, Spark.........your kindness is awesome.
VitoriaBasto
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: New coop server

Post by VitoriaBasto »

Thank you sparky :)

when one server is full, we can play on the other one :D
is actualy a great idea! (;
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

How 'bout making it different..with some duh weapons and duh monsters..something like what Jean Russ runs? THat be fun to play in :D
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Love Taco's idea of making it different.

Perhaps try new stuff, like the spawner or other mods on one to see how the players respond?

Maybe players can suggest what mod, changes they would like to see implemented?
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

I kinda was thinking the same...but not quite pure co-op. The standard Maps with different weapons and modified monsters..Not sure what Mods Jean Russ is running but something similar to what he has.

I like his server but it is in Canada and ping not that good..but I would love for us to have our own.
jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

I agree with tomkat, it the olskool way . the way i started playing unreal and loved it. used to run with a player called wolfpac,great player he always showed me the way for inventory stuff and ammo
jàçká£-(DOG)-
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

I personally would love to see the exact opposite, that is everything that wasn't included on the Unreal CD (except skins and maps) stripped out. Also all respawn inventory, health and ammo - gone, move the server back to 'pure' coop.
This is something that I also think would be really fun to try, of course I wait for some players anyways, but if it were a pure co-op I really will need their help every time, I'm not sure if you said this already, but we could have one server that stays the same, and one pure coop server, I think that would be a lot of fun, and also pointed out
To conclude, I think a 'pure' coop server would make the maps last longer, make the game more challenging and rewarding, and help build a good community spirit.
I have a lot more fun when certain players are in co-op, it always decides whether I join the server at that time or not, now it will matter even more who is on and who is not

I am all up for this idea, I really cannot wait if this were to happen soon :D
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

I absolutely LOVE reduced ammo, it is a lot more fun, but there is one more change imo that will make the playing experience beyond amazing, and I think quite a few people will agree with this

Whenever you die, your ammo should reset back to the pickup count (PickupAmmoCount) That way staying alive will be more important, and more teamwork will be required, furthering the need for cooperative gameplay, and making it a lot more fun

What do you think about this? I think this is a great idea
harddrive
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by harddrive »

First Thank you sparky. A second server is much appreciated. I do think that it should be different. I know that with unlimited ammo i have a tendency to just run into a room & start blasting. With less ammo more cooperation might tack place among the players which would make for a more interesting gaming experience.
Second I heard that it was your birthday last weekend SPARKY. If that is the case HAPPY BIRTHDAY & i hope to see you still playing 10 years from now.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Want me to go join server 1 and see what happens? :P
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

There seems to be an odd bug that is occuring, so far I've only heard and seen it happen to kami and I, but say one of us has 100 health before the map ends, when the next level starts, a chunk of the health goes away, it could change to something as small as 94 points of health, or something as large as 64 points of health, either way, its a pretty big problem. It should be looked at as soon as possible
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I dislike to play on server2 as long as this crazy settings are on.
I ran through half of the map to get some ammo and was killed by another player.
That was really frustrating because all efforts to get some ammo were in vain.

Not really fun :(
Last edited by £éè£å-(DOG)- on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Whenever you die, your ammo should reset back to the pickup count (PickupAmmoCount) That way staying alive will be more important, and more teamwork will be required, furthering the need for cooperative gameplay, and making it a lot more fun
I realize now this was not a good idea in the end, not only have I gotten tired of it now, it seems other people have, one too many in my eyes

It was fun for the first few maps but now its just gotten old, I'm finding it frustrating and so are others

I do not think that my suggestion was the best I have made, I still like the idea of not as much ammo, I'm just finding that my suggestion was not a good one, and should be revoked, I'm sorry if it took a lot of time to get that working, but I am finding nothing but frustration with it now, and as I've said, I think a couple others have too
jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

Kami he didnt do it intentionally, and he didnt do the LOL at it. It was the new player in the game that did that. I know we are still working on it. maybe ammo should be at unreal default.
jàçká£-(DOG)-
harddrive
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by harddrive »

Kami I am truly sorry that you would think that i would kill another player intentionally it was me that had you cut in half & i did not do it on purpose. I may do a lot of dumb things but intentionally getting another player killed is not one of them. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(