New coop server

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: New coop server

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi Zombie,

nice to meet you again :)
Yep sorry for the wrong spelling. I was quite sure it's called JCoopZ1, but when others used JZCoop I went oops and thought I was wrong :lol:
You are of course the expert with JCoopZ1 :lol: and maybe know why my new tests don't work the way they should. I was trying to get a better balance between the weaker and powerful weapons. This seems important to me for TomKats idea to work well.

Ok let me explain what i did:
Since its not working only with GiveItem, I tried something different to make it work.

1. of course use GiveItem to give out the weapons and set the amount like this:
Automag/Minigun=100, Stinger=200, ASMD=25, Eightball=20, FlakCannon=25, Razorjack=75, GESBiorifle=100, Rifle=25

2. used some AutoRunCommands to set the MaxAmmo for the weapons like this:
set ShellBox MaxAmmo 100, set ASMDAmmo MaxAmmo 25, set RocketCan MaxAmmo 20, set FlakBox MaxAmmo 25, set RifleAmmo MaxAmmo 25

When I started testing, it really seemed to work after death and mapchange. But then 3 weapons started again to fill up to the default maximum, the Eightball, FlakCannon and Rifle. The Automag and Minigun just work fine and stay on 100.
If I interpret the AutoRunCommand correctly this shouldn't happen because they are executed on each mapstart. So how is it possible that the ammo increases again?
Maybe you have an idea for it? ;) :)

Kami

Edit: There is another problem with these settings, the PickupAmmoAmount changes somehow. When I have the Stinger with 20 shot left and pickup a Stinger in the map, Ammo will go to 200 again :( :?:
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I guess I found the reason why its not working.
What is not loaded into a map can't be altered with the commands. If you try to change something in game which is not loaded you'll get an 'unrecognized class' message. So I think the commands are executed at mapstart before the weapons given out by GiveItem.
Also I guess there would be a problem when for example a Skaarj with an Eightball spawns. That would set the MaxAmmo back to default.

Hehe, so forget the last post, that will not work :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zombie
FOD
FOD

Post by Zombie »

I probably should have mentioned that I tested AutoRunCommands on 'maxammo' and 'pickupammocount' before I posted earlier. :- / That is why I stated I may need to implement a solution into GiveItem. Kamikazi, you are correct about invoking 'set' commands only when an (sub)class had loaded, but AutoRunCommands invokes immediately after the first joined player had been given items too.

Sparky, considering this is a GiveItem ammo incrementing issue from JCoopZ I would not want to add some narrow special fix or solution to the map fix mutators which cover their own scope. I will test a simple mutator soon that you could load as a HookMutator without much effort.

-Zombie
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

I have added a mutator provided by Zombie, Thanks and we are running it on coop2 now.

As to the map mismatches or wrong maps on server 2. I have deleted the entire map folder on server 2,, downloaded the maps from server one, and uploaded the server one maps to server 2, all 1.77 gb of them. If there are map errors on server2 now they must also be present on server one.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

It could work, but it will not work.

But first one other thing. I tried the settings again and played a little through some maps.
Here are the settings I used:

bRetainInventory=False
bSetHealth=True
newHealthRef=100
GiveItem[0]=automag:ammo#200
GiveItem[1]=Stinger:ammo#200
GiveItem[2]=ASMD:ammo#50
GiveItem[3]=Eightball:ammo#48
GiveItem[4]=FlakCannon:ammo#50
GiveItem[5]=Razorjack:ammo#75
GiveItem[6]=GESBioRifle:ammo#100
GiveItem[7]=rifle:ammo#50
GiveItem[8]=minigun:ammo#200
GiveItem[9]=scubagear:Charge#9999
GiveItem[10]=Searchlight:Charge#9999
GiveItem[11]=Flare:copies#10

Some notes to these settings:
First, I miss a better balance between the power and weaker weapons. I mean not only Rifle, Eightball, FlakCannon, ASMD and Minigun should be used. Also AutoMag, Stinger, BioRifle and Razorjack should be used. I remember the original game, you had to start with Disper, AutoMag and Stinger and in the beginning it was a real challenge. But ok, think there is not much we can do about it.

You will surely disagree with the health. Well, with these settings the game already is much harder and I think players should start with 100 after mapchange. There are many of the custom maps which are not only hard, but also starts harder than the standard maps.

bRetainInventory to False for a good reason. If you collect items in a map like Armor, Flares or SuperHealth you'll keep them after mapchange and that's in my opinion correct. The original game works the same way. When you die, you'll start with the default items again, so players have to look to stay alive and don't die if they want to keep their hot loved Shieldbelts.

The settings for Scuba and Searchlight:
I highly recommend that these settings are high. Especially the Searchlight because many maps have dark parts. Imagine Skaarjcastle, if you loose the light in the maze you can kill yourself. Fights there take much more time as on server1 and if you try to stay alive. Quite sensless if you are forced to kill yourself, only because the light went out. Nearly the same with the scuba in watermaps. And one other thing, Monsters need no light or air. Have you ever seen, that a Skaarj has drowned under water?

As in the beginning said, the whole thing with server2 will not work and there are some points to it.
You'll need the right players for it, players who have the endurance to play the game in this way. Honestly, there are not much out there.
You'll need players who play coop. Well, I've really seen only one server where real coop is played. On Newbies it's nearly impossible.
But the main issue which destroys the whole idea is the maprunning. This kind of game needs much more time and without enough time it will never work. I see it every day again and again. It's just so frustrating and destroys every fun. I really have enough of it. It even has become quite sensless to start with a map. As said before, maprunning on server1 is annoying, but on server2 it's the death of the game.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I just played TCallin aka Jackal's Hell :lol:
Yep, it really doesn't matter if a player starts with 100 or with 50 health, he will die for sure :lol:
I played half of the map alone and the part behind the warpzone togehter with an experienced player.
Even this map can be played with the settings.
One thing I noticed is the pickupammocount. It's the same I had on the testserver, if you pick up a weapon you'll get the full ammo again.