Sparky in hospital

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Sparky in hospital

Post by SpiNacH »

Some of you may have noticed the the Old one has not been on the servers recently. He is fighting some health issues lately, and has gone to the hospital.

I speak for the entire -(DOG)- clan in wishing you a speedy recovery Sparky. You have been a mentor and teacher to all of us, and even more so, a friend.

You are in our thoughts and prayers Glen, hope you're feeling better real soon.

SpiN,
Bruce
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Sparky in hospital

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

well said spin!
all the best wishes glen!!! WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I hope it's nothing serious and to see you very soon again.
Best wishes and prayers and a big

WOOF WOOF

for a speedy recovery.
Smirftsch
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Smirftsch »

I'm very worried. Hope you get better soon.
<insert cool text or something here>
schrapnel
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by schrapnel »

I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital hope you get well soon i miss you and i think everyone misses you get well soon you are in all our prayers for a speedy recovery woof woof
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Thank you all. Well unfortunately this if often the way Rheumatoid Arthritus goes. I take daily doses of steriods and with this comes certain risks to certain types of side effects. Their are many and you can google Prednisone side effects to see them and it depends on dose. The Internist recently attemped to adjust some of my hormones yes testosterrone to prevent some of the more dangerous effects of long term low dose prednisone, which is bone loss and the reason many older people die with broken bones with RA. He a
lso atttemped to adjust for low thyroid. And I had a skin infection and was being treated by a dermatologist with a anti boiotic. This is three new things at once. This has sent me into a 5 month flair. It continued to get worse and it was attacked with massive doses of steriods with gradual reduction in doseage. This takes weeks. The condition seemed to worsen daily and by couple weeks ago had trouble getting up from bed without help. Then pain made it so bad couldnt walk but was using wheel chair and using it as walker. Then about 3 days ago had reached my limit and just went to doctor for direct admit to hospital. Medicare rules. I have been used for a pin cushion for 3 days. Had EKG which was ok... lungs have interstitual fibrous from the RA and took me about 6 minutes to qualify for oxygen paid by government. They also said I have a yeast infection in throad and digestive track that is from the prednisone. Called thrush. I am taking a drug for that. That kept be from eating for quit a few days and only allowed drinking of water. The excess water drove down the sodium in the blood an set the grounds for a heart attack if not corrected. Very through testing by internest caught this and was the real reason for trip to hospital. So now on a flock of pills again, but what basically the answer is to treat the symptoms, like shortness of breath, yeast and stomach infections and then pump you full of steriods so you can move. So my steriod level is now even higher than before with tapers by 5 day steps. The new RA med is a chemo type drug, but cannot be started with a infection present. So now i think plaan is to get infections killed an start the new med which takes about 4-6 weeks to build up and begin to work.

That is pretty much it in RA land and the whole story how things proceed. The high dose steriods affect your clearity of mind and make you do strange things.
So i may be grouchy. This is the way it goes with RA and it makes Old People Smell Funny. Thank you all for your concern.

Sparky
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Rubi,

Thanks for your support, you have been continuously supportive of the servers and operation costs. His financial support has kept the servers on line for the last couple of years. His donations have helped us to keep servers on line and to help some others as needs were made public to us. We have had a good experience with management of funds donated to servers and used the funds for items directly related to support of the game. As I sold computers I constructed I added and subtracted funds as necessary to keep the pay pal account account at a good level. I recently re negotiated with the host to lower the total server bill, from 60 dollars a month total to 50 dollars a month. I dont intend the donations of others, no matter how small to be insignificant for they certainly are not. These are the add on funds that let us run contests and provide prizes. They also buy support software for the server such as ftp programs, and the web pages. These funds help to support the general server funds. Before the significant donations from Rubi, started, I had to support the servers for years as the servers grew and at a much higher price than today. But with numerous servers I am able to press for better rates. If any servers fail to support their self, It would have to be the Monster Mash servers and the Sickpup servers. Donations do not come from these servers very much. In frequent donations do come but not many players there.

Any way before this steriods ramble, what I started out to say is to Thank you all for your continued support and to Rubi for his large cash infusions from time to time, I and the Clan are not taking your help lightly. Thanks Alex for your continued behind the scenes support.

Sparky
harddrive
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by harddrive »

Very sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital . I know that you will get better sooner than later as you are in good hands. And because you are a tough old dog you will be back sooner than you think. We all miss you on the server and want you back as soon as possible. You know we all want the best for you as you are truly our leader. Newbies is about the only server I play on and it is because of your rules that make it possible for everyone to play as equals and to respect others. Hope you return to us in good health for many years to come. The staff at the hospital will want you better as soon as possible because you are probably pulling sneaky tricks on them. And besides you smell funny. Get well soon Glen.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

In my thoughts and prayers old amigo. Get well soon! And keep ur hands of da' nurses ;) I see momma with a pan in her hand :D
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

You do remember unreal Taco?
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Got too much RL stuff going on..but Im alway keeping an eye out on the forum..and FB. The sauce never to far away :D Hope you feelin' better my old amigo
Dragon
FOD
FOD

Post by Dragon »

get well soon
PSN: lordofdragons21

3DS friend code: 4940-6023-3630