Creature Theories Part II

Theories related to UNREAL, e.g. characters, items, weapons, places,...
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Creature Theories Part II

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

Epsilon Here!

After making the first Creature Theories, I thought "Why not make another one?" So I am here doing another Creature Theory again, and next time I would do Item Theories.

Let's do it...

[MAJORITY]:

Mercenaries and Mercenary Elites:
-----------------------------------------
Mercenaries and Mercenary Elites are Genetically Engineered Cybernetic Creatures who came to Na Pali to invade the Skaarj after their invasion on Na Pali. Mercenaries are the most common Mercenary because they are usually more aggressive than that of Mercenary Elites. While Mercenary Elites, on the other hand, are intelligent enough and follow orders from the Colony Leader. They come from the planet Orion-6X. All Mercenaries have the same type of arsenal, which is a Machine Gun with a Built-In Rocket Launcher. The recent Mercenary-Skaarj War left the Mercenaries a bit weak, and some were even captured. Mercenaries don't eat since they're cybernetic.

Krall and Krall Elites:
-------------------------
The Krall are an intelligent race who are actually the Skaarj Servants. They wield Staffs as weapons, used in combat and melee ranges. The Staffs have Crystals that actually shoot Electric Bolts. Krall are more common than Krall Elites, because some of the Krall Elites are actually leaders to the Krall. The Krall and the Leaders are very intelligent and will fight if obliged from the Skaarj. The Krall play a game of dice, referred in their language as "Kra'zegar. The Krall also eat Nali Flesh and carcasses.

[MINORITY]:

Sliths:
--------
Sliths, referred to the Nali as "Sky Demons' Cousins," are Acid-living creatures that spit acidic Saliva to catch their Prey easily. Their Skin produces Acidic Minerals that make them invincible to the Acid Environment, even with the Tarydium Wastes Launcher GES-542 Bio-Rifle, they can't be taken down with it. They're not always encountered, but rather sometimes encountered, they're located to places such as the Terraniux Tree Houses, The Skaarj Tarydium Foundry, etc...
They eat Carcasses, but Nali Flesh make them weaker.

Razorflies:
-------------
Razorflies are another one of those obnoxious creatures found in Na Pali, they're found in old and abandoned places, such as Chizra's Temple, Mines, Caves, etc...
There are two types of Razorflies: Regular Flies and Hornet Flies. The Hornet Flies look exactly the same like the Regular Flies, except that these Hornet Flies shoot stingers like the Tentacle. Plus, Razorflies have monarchies in different areas of Na Pali. A Razorfly lays her eggs on her nest, then her babies begin to grow up, even if she's not there. Na Pali has a unique environment that controls perspectives of the creatures around.

That's it for Creature Theories Part II, and I hope you enjoyed the idea around it, stay tuned for Item Theories Part I that is upcoming soon!

Best Regards. :)
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: Creature Theories Part II

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I suppose you aren't much aware of it, but the Mercenaries aren't there because of the Skaarj.

There was again a backstory for them although not as detailed as with anything else. It's "possible" that they consist of multiple races using these suits and being engineered. Hence the reason why they differ in sizes etc so much in Terraniux and fatness.

Fact is, apart from Terraniux they had Cryox, Alfa62 and Hal at the very least. Alfa62 and Hal missing from the big beta leak or anything else, but those were actual singleplayer levels mostly finished, made by Myscha the sled dog (hence why there are so many of those DM levels with the mercenary theme without anything else to back it up).

All these ships had different purposes. Alfa62 and Hal were more military themed. Mercenaries are the space traders, selling weapons to other races and such. This was meant to be amplified by the time a different expansion pack would come out that began to be fleshed out already by 1997. We never saw any of it and it was most likely going to be developed by cyberlore unlike epic/legend. In the end the first expansion got developed by legend and the cyberlore expansion pack never happened due to budget cuts at GTI also cancelling their Emissary game.

Mercenaries are typically neutral unless you happen to stumble upon their operation and then they get ticked.

The Skaarj usually despise them.
in short(or long):
So yea there are the "cut maps", the "intel addon" originally the level pack, part of which evolved into botpack, could be that this is the elusive "unreal developer levels" sold in germany for one month before pulled off the shelves (we still need this rare item badly). Not to mention the standalone unrealed product was going to have extras. Then there was the cyberlore expansion pack, unreal psx and unreal n64 disk drive port (not released due to n64dd being a commercial flop only sold in japan). From all those only some cut maps and most of unreal psx was recovered so far...
so much got lost in time, even the freely downloadable "index.unr" map from epic's website, not unreal.com but straight from epic. It was a lobby level alternative. But still official content. It was disregarded/pulled out from download after Unreal started having gamespylite and ingame browser. Yes, that wasn't there all the time and you had to connect to lobbies from favorites menu. The reason most of players didn't have "index.unr" is because you were always supposed to download it from the server and each of them had different modifications of the level so to avoid mismatches epic encouraged downloading index.unr only if you're a server admin. This is why the level got lost over time. Only might be in someone's old cache files, eh.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Ah, I thought they were hostile, but then again: non-canonical.
And yes, I forgot that they had other Ships.
Due to my Theories: I can say that the Terraniux was there for an operation special to the Mercenaries. And that was finding new minerals to improve their materials, as in powering up their generators with minerals that can't deplete. Because once the Mercenaries used Purean Denovas, a material from the Xerxes Galaxy that was so poor for machinery that it couldn't stand off the heat it had to receive from the rapturous machinery.

But after the Skaarj found out the Mercenaries arrival and their plans for taking most of Na Pali's Tarydium. They had to interfere with the Mercenaries to prevent their actions from happening spontaneously.

The Mercenaries took away their "cousins," and put them into the Terraniux' Acid Houses so that the Sliths could be more "Mercenary-Related," according to their beliefs. They would also experiment them to become hostile to their "cousins."

So that's another theory, if VooDoo noticed that, she may will take this idea and add it to the Project.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

It's actually a question and a puzzle even within the Unreal universe what is and isn't canon.

Basically UT2004 fans would shout "NON CANON" at the original Unreal novels and original Unreal fans would shout NON CANON at UT2004 and then some duh Unreal fans shout NONCANONN! at Return To Na Pali and anything beyond. Etcetera etcetera. And then fans of Myscha T. Eliot Cannon shout NON CANNON at maps not made by their favorite mapper.

SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

That is true.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I was of course joking with the T. Eliot Cannon part....NON T. ELIOT CANNON

NOTHING IS CANNON BUT HIS MAPS. xD

okay I stop

SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Dude, you just went to Unreal Mode in a millisecond! Oh my God!

Just at the part of "Myshca The Sled Dog" you went off like JU-87 Stukas in a Blitzkrieg!