Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
User avatar
Rubie
FOD
FOD
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by Rubie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm

[/quote]Sparky lived about 1 year, after he made me clan leader. and NOBODY stood up and said, that he'd she would not want that!![/quote]
Nobody would go in against Sparky’s wishes but being satisfied that’s something else , behind the scenes there were players that I did communicated with said a lot things that did had big impact on me , maybe I should have ignored this but I didn’t . Also the changes made on our favorite server were not accepted flawless (eg. Jcoopz => Prototype) . All this and many more disputes did make it harder and harder to stay into the DOG clan for myself. I’m not want to say the mod is not good as I use it myself , it’s just great for coop games

Now about x21:
I can only say this, this young fellow wanted to prove something which he did not could do on the Newbies platform and wanted so hard , after a while thinking I did give him administrator rights on my Server from where all game server are running to let him do his thing , and it wasn't that big but he was proud to show it to me what he could do! For this reason you take away his rights on your coop server as game-admin and deeply hurt a young man who has ambitions to proof and share his knowledge's into our small Unreal community.... And yes the result was some kind of reaction to name the UT servers NewbiesPlayground (this was a mistake) only took place a couples days. In fact x21 is not interested in a gameserver only the stuff that runs simultaneous in the background gets his attentions (like a master-server, redirecting web-pages, managing memory etc..) so I don’t see a spy here , he even has no proper system to run a server , so all those lost words about being against the Clan is fake , maybe he did once called you a liar in a depressive moment , this can happen to all of us isn’t it Leo ?
X21 wanted a toy to play with that was the Cooptestserver but he never managed it even till today it only has his name and mail address the configuration still is as is and for testing only I will ask him if he still wants it , if not it will be closed soon, also on forum there is no post that refer to him or made by him this forum Is useless even if I say it myself !
You can use whatever you like against us I don’t care it has no value after all and no one is deserved with it.
Interesting also that no clan members replying on this topic nor on the topic from moving their favorite game servers to Germany , I understand your concerns but moving that far away from the roots from a clan after all those years is drastic no ? Sparky asked me too to look out for another location , when we did tested on London he could live with that , but shortly after the poor man did went to heaven .
We can go on forever like this yelling at each other But it won’t be me
And about those "two cents" you can’t run a server with that you maybe can comment it a bit lol
If someone misunderstand all this I apologize.
For Leo, you are doing great 😊 that must be tolerance imo 😊
Greets,
Rubie
I have no signature :crying:

User avatar
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Newbiesplayground - the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:29 pm

For once I have to say that I have no clue what you're talking about Rubie. It sounds like some half-attempt to make a joke on me.

As for the depression thing you mentioned, yes sure, but that's the only thing I can agree with you with what was directed at me. For the rest, see above.

EDIT: Hold on, did you think I was talking literally about "two cents"? No, it's an expression in english, about giving two cents, as in giving an opinion on something.

If this is a honest misunderstanding, fine. But the language problem used to be an issue between Rubie and me with that he often completely misunderstood what I meant. Certainly not a material for leading a clan then, if Rubie took over.

User avatar
Rubie
FOD
FOD
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground - the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by Rubie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:29 pm
For once I have to say that I have no clue what you're talking about Rubie. It sounds like some half-attempt to make a joke on me.

As for the depression thing you mentioned, yes sure, but that's the only thing I can agree with you with what was directed at me. For the rest, see above.

EDIT: Hold on, did you think I was talking literally about "two cents"? No, it's an expression in english, about giving two cents, as in giving an opinion on something.

If this is a honest misunderstanding, fine. But the language problem used to be an issue between Rubie and me with that he often completely misunderstood what I meant. Certainly not a material for leading a clan then, if Rubie took over.
Two cents lol yes that stupid I'm , how about your gray mass ?
I have no signature :crying:

User avatar
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:09 pm
Location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:49 pm

 
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:02 pm
I find strategy to be one of the most honest and down to earth people I've ever met on Unreal.

I agree 100% with this. Patrick has endless patience and kindness, even towards some people who probably don't deserve it.
Glen made his choice for a reason and he definitely made the correct choice.

Remember the good old days people? When people used to join a server, have fun, shoot some skaarj and maybe a bit of friendly chatting.

Time to play the game people and not each other.

WOOF!
 
 
"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by strategy-(DOG)- » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:06 pm

VooDoo-(DOG)- wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:49 pm
I agree 100% with this. Patrick has endless patience and kindness, even towards some people who probably don't deserve it.
Glen made his choice for a reason and he definitely made the correct choice.
thank you very much, VooDoo! :)
VooDoo-(DOG)- wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:49 pm
Remember the good old days people? When people used to join a server, have fun, shoot some skaarj and maybe a bit of friendly chatting.

Time to play the game people and not each other.

WOOF!
well said!

WOOF!
strategy-(DOG)-
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]

User avatar
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by strategy-(DOG)- » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Rubie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Now about x21:
I can only say this, this young fellow wanted to prove something which he did not could do on the Newbies platform and wanted so hard , after a while thinking I did give him administrator rights on my Server from where all game server are running to let him do his thing , and it wasn't that big but he was proud to show it to me what he could do! For this reason you take away his rights on your coop server as game-admin and deeply hurt a young man who has ambitions to proof and share his knowledge's into our small Unreal community.... And yes the result was some kind of reaction to name the UT servers NewbiesPlayground (this was a mistake) only took place a couples days. In fact x21 is not interested in a gameserver only the stuff that runs simultaneous in the background gets his attentions (like a master-server, redirecting web-pages, managing memory etc..) so I don’t see a spy here , he even has no proper system to run a server , so all those lost words about being against the Clan is fake , maybe he did once called you a liar in a depressive moment , this can happen to all of us isn’t it Leo ?
X21 wanted a toy to play with that was the Cooptestserver but he never managed it even till today it only has his name and mail address the configuration still is as is and for testing only I will ask him if he still wants it , if not it will be closed soon, also on forum there is no post that refer to him or made by him this forum Is useless even if I say it myself !
You can use whatever you like against us I don’t care it has no value after all and no one is deserved with it.
Interesting also that no clan members replying on this topic nor on the topic from moving their favorite game servers to Germany , I understand your concerns but moving that far away from the roots from a clan after all those years is drastic no ? Sparky asked me too to look out for another location , when we did tested on London he could live with that , but shortly after the poor man did went to heaven .
We can go on forever like this yelling at each other But it won’t be me
And about those "two cents" you can’t run a server with that you maybe can comment it a bit lol
If someone misunderstand all this I apologize.
For Leo, you are doing great 😊 that must be tolerance imo 😊
Greets,
Rubie
well, Rubie, I appreciate the fact, that you back up x21! and yes, i can't see real, malicious tendencies regarding his being, yet he needs to learn about terms like loyality and integrity. and he needs to learn to show some respect of course - that is lacking a bit. he should realize that he is not in the position to determine, who is clanleader or not - this is not his business.

and rubie, the question where newbiesplayground servers are hosted is still my decision. i explained the reasons already. if it was about the latency: the clan-members are located all over the world, so it would never be possible to have decent pings for all players - as i already mentioned, us-players still got a better ping playing on the german server than european players had on the us-servers.
strategy-(DOG)-
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]

Kelly
FOD
FOD
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by Kelly » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 am

@ Strategy:
I won't copy/paste the things I'm referring to because this is just a general conversation between us. I read then reread your entire post and there was a lot in there I didn't know. That being said it's the same stuff it's always been, both here and in countless other Unreal groups over the years.

For this next part let me state in no uncertain terms: I mean zero disrespect. It's a touchy subject and I'll be deliberately careful in my choice of wording. OK, now that's understood let me float something your way....

Perhaps it's time to move on. From where I'm sitting you are nearly enslaved to honoring Sparky's legacy and it colors almost everything that happens. This is your group now. Your site. Maybe it's time to live what you are telling everyone. It's not disrespecting the memory of the man if you evolve this project forward and it becomes something new, something that honors you and your effort. Get out from this shadow that everything *has* to be a certain way because of him and his choices. Those were his and yours could very well be different. I hope they are because you desperately need some autonomy and stop feeling like you are always "number two" here. The living don't like enduring the ghosts all the time, it reminds them too much that life is fleeting for all of us.

Anyway maybe it's time for you to consider the next iteration of DOG, one where you are not the co-leader stuck with decisions that can't be changed because of honor. Honor the man then assume the DOG throne fully. There's not a single thing wrong with that. It's nature's way and it's the order of life. We will all be supplanted eventually by our next generation. Do you think the next DOG owner should feel obligation to how you do things? Of course not. Things change, people change, times change.

Well, that's about all the opinion I think I should muster. I'm not privy to the private machinations behind the scenes so this is all coming from my vantage point in the cheap seats. I hope you work it all out though. I like the people here and have always been welcomed when I played. You have something positive, I'd just like to see that preserved.

User avatar
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by strategy-(DOG)- » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:05 am

@Kelly:
of course i understand, what you are pointing to, but i think there is a big misunderstanding. it is not about me. i am not struggling for recognition or anything like that. i never asked for being clanleader nor did i strive for this "position".
when i entered Newbiesplayground servers the first time and had the chance to talk to OldSparky, i was really impressed. i kept playing for over an year until i asked to join the clan. i felt honoured when they offered me adminship some time later and it was a pleasure to contribute on various projects. but taking over clanleadership is more an obligation to me. i took over this "task" because it was the wish of an old friend and it is my contribution to his legacy. if Sparky would have announced someone else being clanleader, it would have been fine for me and i'd be just playing here and probably had a lot more time to do so ;)

i won't change newbiesplayground! i just make sure, that newbiesplayground stays alive.
strategy-(DOG)-
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]

User avatar
Rubie
FOD
FOD
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by Rubie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:05 am

Kelly wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 am
@ Strategy:
I won't copy/paste the things I'm referring to because this is just a general conversation between us. I read then reread your entire post and there was a lot in there I didn't know. That being said it's the same stuff it's always been, both here and in countless other Unreal groups over the years.

For this next part let me state in no uncertain terms: I mean zero disrespect. It's a touchy subject and I'll be deliberately careful in my choice of wording. OK, now that's understood let me float something your way....

Perhaps it's time to move on. From where I'm sitting you are nearly enslaved to honoring Sparky's legacy and it colors almost everything that happens. This is your group now. Your site. Maybe it's time to live what you are telling everyone. It's not disrespecting the memory of the man if you evolve this project forward and it becomes something new, something that honors you and your effort. Get out from this shadow that everything *has* to be a certain way because of him and his choices. Those were his and yours could very well be different. I hope they are because you desperately need some autonomy and stop feeling like you are always "number two" here. The living don't like enduring the ghosts all the time, it reminds them too much that life is fleeting for all of us.

Anyway maybe it's time for you to consider the next iteration of DOG, one where you are not the co-leader stuck with decisions that can't be changed because of honor. Honor the man then assume the DOG throne fully. There's not a single thing wrong with that. It's nature's way and it's the order of life. We will all be supplanted eventually by our next generation. Do you think the next DOG owner should feel obligation to how you do things? Of course not. Things change, people change, times change.

Well, that's about all the opinion I think I should muster. I'm not privy to the private machinations behind the scenes so this is all coming from my vantage point in the cheap seats. I hope you work it all out though. I like the people here and have always been welcomed when I played. You have something positive, I'd just like to see that preserved.
Totaly agree on all this 👍 try to review your point of view against your persona non grata Strat its a mistake that not fits in your strategy nor mine , i'm not afraid from anything I just want to clearout things once and for ever.There is a lot stuff i did created or fixed that runs on your server this is great , lets keep it that way so we can continue sharing our work in future , I can only offer this you can accept it or denie , this up to you.
Maybe some will not understand or accept what I say in here now but this is up to me only and it also shows again i'm not hateful to noone , more I cant do.

Greets
Rubie
I have no signature :crying:

User avatar
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by strategy-(DOG)- » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:40 am

well, i am open to end this here and now and remove the tag "persona non grata", but i think the dogclan would deserve an apology from your side regarding the "ut99-servername-drama"!
strategy-(DOG)-
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]

User avatar
Rubie
FOD
FOD
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by Rubie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:05 pm

strategy-(DOG)- wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:40 am
well, i am open to end this here and now and remove the tag "persona non grata", but i think the dogclan would deserve an apology from your side regarding the "ut99-servername-drama"!
I did wrote this was a mistake , I mean this so sry.
I have no signature :crying:

User avatar
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by strategy-(DOG)- » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:56 pm

ok, i may have overread that. i accept it and yours and x21's rank has been set to FOD again.
from my knowledge now, i consider x21's actions as thoughtless but not malicious.

may it happen that we can co-exist without any further hostility and eruptions.
subject is closed for me.

WOOF!
strategy-(DOG)-
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]

User avatar
EpsilonXangent-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:51 am
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by EpsilonXangent-(DOG)- » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Thankfully we had to witness and fix our mistakes.
And yes, there were misunderstandings between us and the retired (or kicked) members of the clan which gives us the feeling that we learned our lessons, because otherwise the matter would get worse over time.

We have to stay careful and cool, everybody, because when there is war, peace comes between the bounds.



WOOF!


EDIT: And "us" refers to everyone, because we might have misunderstood what others try to convey from their messages, but perhaps it was incorrectly conveyed inappropriately.
Equity is better than Equality. Tolerance is better than Intolerance. Intelligence is better than Ignorance... --- Xelios.

User avatar
Rubie
FOD
FOD
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by Rubie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 pm

EpsilonXangent-(DOG)- wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 pm
Thankfully we had to witness and fix our mistakes.
And yes, there were misunderstandings between us and the retired (or kicked) members of the clan which gives us the feeling that we learned our lessons, because otherwise the matter would get worse over time.

We have to stay careful and cool, everybody, because when there is war, peace comes between the bounds.



WOOF!


EDIT: And "us" refers to everyone, because we might have misunderstood what others try to convey from their messages, but perhaps it was incorrectly conveyed inappropriately.
With this wise words I can turn the page now ty.

Greets
Rubie
I have no signature :crying:

User avatar
PMX-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbiesplayground – the -(DOG)- clan in 2018

Post by PMX-(DOG)- » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Hello!
I'm just checking in and as an outsider I'm picking some bits here an there to understand what's going on.
Last week i was randomly connecting on servers and X.21 found me. He start to to telling me some things about what happened between Strategy and him.
The way I see, this is Strategy's server and we need to thank him for letting us play, not complain about where the server is hosted or why he is not using this or that in the server's config. Is his choice to keep or not some players and don't need to explain why he does this or that.
As I said some months ago, this server is the best private I ever played and I bet he still putting a lot effort to keep it online.
All we need to do is play, have fun, make friends and laugh.

@Strategy mate, I feel sorry for those who complain about the way u run things, you are on the right path. We need to keep unreal alive for more 20years and no doubt your contributions to this are undeniable.
Once more thank you for the opportunity to be part of this beautiful project and we are with you on your decisions.
I'm happy that things worked out fine in this matter.

EXCELLENT WORK!

WOOF!

Post Reply