WINDOWS 7

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
GoodOleTaco

WINDOWS 7

Post by GoodOleTaco »

m getting pretty fed up with it. Nothing but trouble. Where to start...

First of all, everytime I turn on PC, I have to run a diagnostic to get connected again to the internet, if that does not work, I have to unable Network card and enable again. Now all the browsers have become SLOW! I tried Chrome, IE, FF, Ive reset the modem, reset PC, restored PC, and PC is behaving as it was on Dial-Up. Ive checked to see if anone might of been connected to my Wi-Fi signal, nada.

2 days with connection issues. Im able to connect fine with Phone and DSi, so I know its not ISP.

and I dont have WIN XP to delete current OS and go back to something thats not as bad, not great but better.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: WINDOWS 7

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

You need to get rid of this crappy Windows 7 and don't look to the even more crappy Vista.
What you need is XP. With the right configuration it's the best OS Microsoft ever produced.
I know the problem with older progis, I have some which even can't run under XP anymore.

That's Microsoft, to stupid to keep compatibility. They add tons of useless stuff which users never need and for many things you have to use third party tools, because they are better and more user friendly.
Have you ever tried the Microsoft help? Forget it, if you have a problem just google for it. You will get solutions faster and even more competent. But it's not only related to the OS, just take a look at other Microsoft applications, it's the same thing.

Try to get XP. I would give you mine, but it would be quite useless for you because of the language. Maybe you can still get it on a flea market, or keep looking in computer magazines. Often people sell old things for good prices. I found some offers for Windows XP Pro for less than 30 Euros, even for new and unused ones.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Yeah..can get it in the flea market for 5 bucks. Looks like connection is back to normal Ran AVG and Spybot S&D and found some malware, a file here and there. So still not sure what happened here for 2 days. sigh..waiting for Johns comment as I know he is a big believer of Win7 :)
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

ooooopppppssss :oops:

so he is probably going to kill me for my comment about Win7 :lol: :lol: :lol:

but everytime I hear something about Win7, it says problems with this, problems with that.
Hehe, it's just because XP runs fine for me. There are rarely any bigger problems.
But yes, with the newest and latest hardware Win7 might work really better, than with old XP. :lol:
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

I'm runnin win7 x64 here, no problems whatsoever. All browsers work fine :)
Sometimes hard to find the right 64bit progs, but when they run....they run !
--= Keep Running =--

Post by Minus »

Hey Taco!Just curious,did that pc come with Win7 already on it?
If so it's kind of hard to say what the problem could be.
More than likely it's a combination of problems.
I still like XP but I would never want to go back.Win7 is just awesome.
Change is hard but since installing and using it I couldn't bear to go back.
You may want to setup Teamviewer so someone can take a look at what you've got going on.

Lol@Kami ;) Hey,we all use what we like eh?

Also,download Malwarebytes from here: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716- ... lware.html
After installing,update and then run a quick scan.
After it's done,allow program to remove items it finds.
Next,reboot into safe mode(No networking)
Run a full scan,follow instructions when finished.
Let me know what you find.

I also recommend that you use Avast antivirus program.It's just plain better for too many reasons to list.
The main feature it has is sandbox and a boot time scan which is excellent.
All of my customers use it and I push it in confidence.Lightweight,effective,user friendly,and none of the false positives that AVG is cursed with.
Don't get me wrong,AVG is better than nothing but it's severely lacking. Download is here if you reconsider: http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Ant ... tag=button
“Even if things don't unfold the way you expected, don't be disheartened or give up. One who continues to advance will win in the end.” ― Daisaku Ikeda
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

It came with Win7 Ultimate 64 bit. Not new PC...bought it from a frend who has buys used PCs by lots and re-sells them here in Mexico. THis one was he kept for himself.

I appreciate everyones advice, I do have Team Viewer, but u gonna have to brush up on ur spanish coz OS is in spanish. NOt that I prefer it that way, it just came like that...ehehe. I just might try Malwarebytes & Avast. Ive used Spybot search and destroy and AVG for so long..so I dont try new stuff to often..but its my 1st time using another OS other then XP..so want to learn new stuff as once in a while I get people knocking on my door for some good ol neighbourly tech support...lol.

Oh HOw I Remember how much I disliked Win XP, from the Bootup Logo to the graphical Interphase< I loved my Win98SE so much. I tried WinME...ack! Bad BAD BAD> I never tried Vista coz all the negative stuff I heard about it
Minus
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by Minus »

Spybot is a decent addition to finding some malware and good to have but Malwarebytes is the #1 starting place for malware/spyware.(Far superior to SB)
Not knocking Spybot at all,it's a good program and good to have but it won't resolve serious infections.
Using both in conjunction is just fine. (One at a time of course)
“Even if things don't unfold the way you expected, don't be disheartened or give up. One who continues to advance will win in the end.” ― Daisaku Ikeda
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

GoodOleTaco wrote:Oh HOw I Remember how much I disliked Win XP, from the Bootup Logo to the graphical Interphase< I loved my Win98SE so much. I tried WinME...ack! Bad BAD BAD> I never tried Vista coz all the negative stuff I heard about it
Hehe, yup the style was the first I disliked on XP. I just couldn't get used to it and I still can't. I prefer the good old look. It's always the first thing I change on XP.
I change to the classic Startmenu and then to the classic look, but thats not all. I have a special folder with old Win95 and 98 system files. With those I also alter many icons. For example wav and avi files still look like under Win95 for me, or for bmp I use an icon from old PSP 4.12 :lol:

One thing I really couldn't like is, that under XP media files all have the same icon. In Explorer that's a disaster, it's a bad overview. So different file types also have different icons for me.
On the first view my OS doesn't look like XP, it looks more like old Win95 :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Took Johns advice and installed Malware byts and Avast...so far so good. Now the other issue im struggling with is that everytime that I start PC...wont connect to the internet. I gotta disable network card, enable it, run diagnostic til it connects again..sometimes it does it the 1st time..sometimes i gotta do it several tmes. Once in a while I dont have to do all that. Its getting to be a pain in the butt!

Also, Firefox takes its own sweet time to boot up..even though Im not using too many plugins and stuff like that..Not sure if its RAM related..but I wouldnt think so @ 4 gb...any advice would be appreciated. Gracias ! woofers!
Minus
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by Minus »

Ok Taco,now that you have both of those programs installed here's what you do.
First,update Malwarebytes.(Also update Avast,it is self updating but the program itself will not update automatically by default.Has to be done manually.To set it auto open Avast interface and at the top right click settings.Under updates ensure the engine and program updates are set to auto.)
(After updating Malwarebytes)Run a quick scan and then remove whatever it finds.
Next,boot PC into safe mode(No networking)and run a full scan with Malwarebytes.
Follow instructions,remove anything found.
After reboot open the Avast user interface.
Under the scan computer tab select boot time scan.
Make sure the heuristics sensitivity bar is set to high.(just click to set)
Click the schedule now tab and the PC will reboot into scan mode.
Just sit back and do nothing.When it finds anything on the PC the scan will stop and ask you what you want to do.
Select the #2 option to delete all.Choosing this option will allow the scan to delete all it finds so that you don't have to sit there and be prompted over and over as to what to do.(This is the best setting/safe)
When scan is complete follow any on screen instructions and after reboot you're done.(Post back here with results)

As for your internet connection that could also be related to malware.Possibly changing your settings.
Here's a fairly good link to help you out.Your connection is intermittent but you never know.PC repair is a process of elimination.

http://spywarepreventionguy.com/interne ... -settings/

Anyway,let me know how it goes and please follow the above instructions exactly as I posted. ;)

Had to throw in a pic of my hunter ;)
Minus
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by Minus »

BeachBumGuy-(DOG)- wrote:Where's the horse, jumped over???? :shock: :shock:
Happy Bday :) :)
Lol,yeah man,he bailed on me!Thanks BBG! ;)