This is the end of my internet and my life

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
schrapnel
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

This is the end of my internet and my life

Post by schrapnel »

My internet will be off today around 5PM because I cannot afford it and I cannot afford where I am living at right now so in May 2020 I have decided I am going homeless my life here is no longer worth living I could not even afford a Christmas tree this year or anything else hopefully I won't have to be here much longer because with my COPD and my breathing problems my quality of life is not worth living anyway but I will be free after I go homeless I don't want my life to end in this low income housing prison nothing to do and no friends or family left in this life so what's the point staying I don't know anymore I will miss playing Unreal but every good thing has to end just like all my tools and things stolen from me so I am ready for this life to end
evilgrins
FOD
FOD

Re: This is the end of my internet and my life

Post by evilgrins »

Did a skim of your posts for some context, wanted to see if this deep set funk you're clearly in was immediate or if there was some build-up. There was, I'm sorry for your losses.

Couple things:
1) You don't need internet to play Unreal/Unreal Tournament. I didn't have any internet between 1990 & 2011 and I was playing UT since it first came out in 1999. So, you can live without internet and still play... although, being homeless could make playing at all hard unless you have a laptop.

2) Anyone that posts like this is calling out for help, so I'm assuming that you may be feeling down, WAY DOWN, but you want help. I don't know you but you seem to have been a member of this forum a long time so I'm hoping some or many of them can bring you back up and get you better... however better that may be.

3) Keep the faith. Whatever faith works for you. Hope remains eternal.

4) Okay, this is more than a couple things... but wanted to add even if you have no internet at home you can access it from lots of other places. Public libraries worked best for me.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

That's a very good post evilgrins. Things are going down for me as well, I've been locked out of any social help and look what's happening now at the czech borders, racism and stupid checks for any temperature etc, they can put you to detention, all this corona virus craze. They will check every asian in a group but not white males or anyone else, not all italians either, it's crazy. But high temperature doesn't mean you have coronavirus. They're getting all nazi like in here. I am deeply sick of the czech republic and europe in general by this point but I know the US has its own problems.

I cannot go to details right now given how much I'm endangered, the only way for me to keep sane right now is to partly ignore my life situation which is harmful on the long term. I have about lost all hope. I wish someone can help both me and shrapnel.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
BaratusII
FOD
FOD

Post by BaratusII »

I know I haven't been active on this forum for a while, but after seeing the topic here I decided to join in.

I agree on what evilgrins said regarding the Internet, I remember not having internet at all from I think 2007 till December 25, 2010. The only times I was able to get on the internet was by using my mother's laptop and a CD-R so I could download thing and burn them in.

As for LeoTCK's mention of the coronavirus, I think of the situation here in the US is more like panicking like it's the end of the world and not to mention the stupid amounts of stocking on toilet paper. My parents went to a couple of stores and resulted in no toilet paper available. And it was recent likely due to my current state has been reported to have 1-5 cases (from last-time I've heard).
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yes the US is panicing the most while they are the most safe yet.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
schrapnel
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by schrapnel »

just posting an update it is almost harvest season and so i am going to wait until April and try to go on the custom harvest to try and earn enough money to buy a reliable vehicle and a better computer because my windows xp machine is starting to go out and i will be 67 years old next month with COPD and it is not getting any better so i am going for broke and leaving this time for good as soon as i get my $1400.00 stimulis and my ssi and social security in April and take a Greyhound bus to Mesa Arizona because if i don't find a harvest job i will just go to Arizona because all my family lives at the cemetary and i don't have any way to go visit them at the cemetary so i am going away for good
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

Well, I hope you'll manage to find a job there, but try to stay positive and don't give up!
Good luck!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Hyper
FOD
FOD

Post by Hyper »

I know this won't be of any help, and is not 100% valid but: "Only in America". How can a rich country fail its people like that. That the general population allows this, e.g. not willing to pay taxes for a decent level of social security is beyond me.
I'm glad I live in the EU.
Alter your reality...forever.

http://www.hypercoop.tk
[url]unreal://unreal.hypercoop.tk[/url]
evilgrins
FOD
FOD

Post by evilgrins »

Hyper wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:17 amI'm glad I live in the EU.
Damned European Unionists with their fancy clothes and their rap music.
:lol:
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/