Momma Sparky

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
Oldsparky

Re: Momma Sparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Monday,, Still progressing but sloowllly. She had a incident with low blood sugar yesterday, a whoops by Doctor, and has now a blood clot in the juglar vein from one of the IV lines. They are working on these problems. She walked about twice the distance today as she did Friday and they are decreasing the oxygen amount she is getting.
Centaurus
FOD
FOD

Post by Centaurus »

Spark, gimme a holla if you need some advice. I had quad bypass surgery 5 years ago at the age of 40. I had never felt so much pain in my life. No one realizes how many bones and muscles are moved to get at the heart. The pain is excruciating and it doesn't stop for a second. Getting your ribcage ripped open is not a happy moment in life.

The first 30 days I slept in a sitting position because I couldn't lay down. I had no help and did everything on my own. It's not just the massive amount of pain from your neck down to your waste.....I also had to deal with a 2 foot long incision in my leg from the veins they used to replace my bad ones. The incision started at my groin and went halfway down my calf.

Between my chest and leg it felt like I was getting hit by a mack truck in the chest over and over again. Talk about pain!! I know how the Mrs. Sparky feels :(

The doctor gave me 6 weeks for a full recovery..........what a load of crap. But I think this was my fault because I refused to take any pain medication because I didn't want to get addicted. It took me almost a year to get a semblance of my old life back. Bellsouth, the company I worked for, only gave me those 6 weeks to recover because of insurance regulations. I was in and out of the hospital for the next 6 months with recurring problems which finally went away a year later. I managed to stay with Bellsouth for another year but due to their garbage insurance practices I had to leave Bell after 10 years with them because I couldn't do the same work anymore.

My "heart" goes out to you both. Give her plenty of time for recoop because she will need it. Good luck to you both.
{ISV-K}Tool-Opiate
Centaurus C1
scoobysnax

12 years and going strong
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Well, latest update, they removed about a half a IV bag of fluid from the lung cage today (With a needle and ultrasound, Ouch), and gave her a unit of blood to boost the hemoglobin count. Seems a little stronger and more alert since they removed the fluid, and is talking and thinking about coming home. The pain seems less and she is using less pain killers. Oxygen has been reduced to about 1.5 liters. They say to keep the blood thinners and aspirin a day going and just watch the blood clot, they don't think its a big deal. I dunno looks like a pulmonary embolisum if it breaks loose to me. She walked another 170 ft today. The biggest issue is and will be control of the diabetes, as this is critical for the healing of the surgery. The doctors say this all is not unusual after this type of surgery, hmmm, didnt read this in their literature tho.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Oldsparky wrote:The doctors say this all is not unusual after this type of surgery, hmmm, didnt read this in their literature tho.
Well, join the club.

Most important thing is that she doing better each day. Just little steps forward are steps forward.
Dont let her run too fast ;)

Take care !
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Post by Rose »

Thanks for keeping us updated,As always,in my thoughts.

Heather
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Well, kinda knee jerk reaction, but they sent her home today, late this afternoon. We are trying to settle her in right now. More tommorrow.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Good ur home Mrs Sparky !

Now let the old man run for ya !!
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Post by Rose »

She is in good hands :D
CarnalKnowledge
FOD
FOD

Post by CarnalKnowledge »

Good to hear she's home and improving. Being home has got to help lift her spirits as well. I hate hospitals/Drs. Im on of those type that dont go to either of them unless you knock me out or drug me lol. Anyway good to hear she's progressing in a positive manner.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Doing quite well now, and the pain is controlled without overuse of drugs. She is able to move about the house and do limited things. I think if all continues as it is now, she will be swinging the frying pan at me soon. Looks like recovery will be about 3 months or so.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Good news again :)
Dont let her chase ya for the next few months !!!!!
--= Keep Running =--

Post by Oldsparky »

I am household challenged. I am of the generation where the wife waits on husband who goes to work and makes money. So I am working on developing household and microwave skills. I have mastered water boiling and coffee making. I am working on nuking a sandwich, dog thought it was ok, but I think it was sticking to his teeth. Next I will learn,, umm whats next? I went to get some groceries,, yikes! Last time I looked in kitchen, there were tea bags everywhere,, whoops. Hmm getting down on floor maybe a problem,, any suggestions. I know get the grandson to pick them up when he gets up,, nevermind. Hehehe,, wonder if the dog will eat tea bags? If I wash these special support socks in the sink that she has for blood clots, how long to dry them in the microwave? Maybe hair drier be a better choice? I have noticed the Dog sets and just stares at me as I gracefully work in the kitchen. He seems to want to go outside a lot lately. I am doing my best to pawn off the household stuff on relatives and Sickpups caregivers.. I can really use their help, its tough to teach a Old Dog new tricks. Old people smell funny, and thats my job. Fortunately for Sickpup his caregivers are seeing his routine hasnt changed. Now my routine has been kinda modified at this point. Hmm just took weekly meds which wipe me out for 3 days,, this might be interesting. I think i will write a book when this is over. House breaking Old people,, that would be good title.
You know, that Kentucky Fried stuff isnt half bad, when you have to eat nuked sparky sandwiches. Umm whats on the menu for tonite,, umm ,,,, umm, um. Lets see what can I make out of boiling water,, coffee,, dirty tea bags, and a saugage egg biscuit (previously nuked) that the dog wont eat?

PS momma is doing ok, in spite of my caregiving.

Uh oh,, just realized i am running out of clean clothes,, now what,, that washer drier thing looks kinda dangerous to me.. Lots of buttons,, looks like a computer Well I am old so i can do the smelly part i guess.
Smelly Old Person
FOD
FOD

Post by Smelly Old Person »

Oldsparky wrote:Well its Saturday. Momma is still hurting needless to say and somewhat grouchy. She doesnt want to walk or do much in the exercise required because of pain. She has some fluid between lung and ribs (pulmonary infusion) which they are treating and watching closely. This is pretty common after this surgery but can be very bad if it continues and doesnt respond to treatment. Another xray tommorrow morning. The Old one has totaled up over 750 miles since Tuesday morning, whew. Anyway we will see how things progress over the rest of the week end.
Hey, Thank God she is yet with us. we all need tolearn to be thankful for the womderful gift of a wife or husband and not take them for granted.Buy her flowers often and tell her you love her everyday. Ladie tell him how blessed you aret that he goes to work and bringds his money home to pay the bills instead of at the local bar or cat house. We thank God for Sparky and His wife. may they live a long, health and profitable life.

D-Pea-Sir AKA Smelly Old Person (in honor of Old Sparky)
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by OoiGooEE »

Sparky you make me laugh :lol: Avoid the "cooking" in the microwave!!! Never had much luck with microwaves for cooking.... just warming, instant oatmeal and those processed meals in a box. Mmmm chicken pot pie ;-) There are recipes online for whatever you need that use a real oven and stove. Cooking takes some time and practice. I find it pretty easy but I've been cooking since I was 8 or 9. Maybe you should just order out for a while and maybe send the laundry out too. :lol:

I glad she's feeling better, send her my love :))))))
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

Work to Eat - Eat to Live - Live to Love - Love to Play - Play at Work
{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

OoiGooEE wrote:.... and maybe send the laundry out too. :lol:
I doubt it if anyone will take that smelly stuff :mrgreen:
--= Keep Running =--