Taco Problem

Posts related to MM 850 and MM INF servers
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Taco Problem

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Sorry, but it seems you are not really interested in solving the problem.
I really tried to help you with it. Spent many hours with testings, modified my games to be able to play online on the MM servers. Checked the whole jurassic mod for possible reasons. Checked every dino sound, and log files of my testserver. Made a testmap for you. Searched the internet for informations and at last got a virus on a bad site. But I really ask myself what it was good for.
You just ignore my posts and not even tell me if you tried one of the patches.
Also Sparky changed a setting on the server, well ok it did not work but it could.

I finally found the reason for your crashes and I'm sure some other Gold and 225 users have the same problem. Well no one is interested in it, so I give up on this. Now I have alot other work with getting ridd of this virus again.

Kami
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

@Kami: trust me when i say that ur work is highly appreciated !! TY !!!!

And yes, ur right, my gold version crashes indeed from time to time. Although not as many times as Taco's problem.
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

I am not ignoring your advice whatsoever....I been trying everysingle tip and advice you, Sparky and everyone else have told me. It is so frustrating not being able to play in the only 2 servers I love...Im sorry of you think I have not appreciated all you done. I have...Im up to a point that I was so happy to play for a full half hour with no crash..whether I did it the wrong way...and only reason I didnt keep on playing is coz I had to go to bed as I get up at 5 am for work.

:oops: :( :oops: :(
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :-)

sorry I know very well how frustrating your problem is, but when you didn't respond I thought you're not longer interested and gave up.
The media patches didn't work and I think they can't fix this problem for you. The error message you and others get is not only related to Unreal, you also will find it in other games.
The reason for it, is how the code was compiled and under which version. It can give this error for some clients, but it also can work. You can say it's a little like a version conflict.

This serialize function in Unreal Script has something to do with varibles definition and there is the problem for some clients. But how it exactly works is still far beyond my knowledge.
I haven't UnrealGold, but my 225f reacts the same way as yours and I get this error with 2 dinos: Velociraptor and Dilophosaur. Two special sounds let my game crash.
As a last try I did the following:

I extracted the sounds of these 2 dinos and made 2 uax files for it. Then I made 2 new classes for both dinos and replaced the sounds with the ones of the new uax files. I added the new dinos to the monster list of my MM Testserver and tried to play it with my 225f. The result was a crash again after about 2 minutes. The reason was again a jurassic sound, same as before. Weird thing is that the sound is no longer in use 'cause I made a new one. So it's the jurassic.u itself which causes the problem and I have no idea how to fix it because all datas contained in this file, sounds, textures, meshes and the dino scripts.

The only possible way for you to fix the problem is what Minus posted. You need an Unreal installation with the latest patch, 226f or if you prefere 227. I wasn't able to find a patch for UnrealGold and really don't know if there is one. When I play MM with my 226f there is no problem.

If your UnrealGold works with the 227 patch you did, you also should have no more problems on the MM servers. But I'm not familiar with 227 and can't say much about the compatibility with Gold.

That's all I could do at the moment. Plz let us know how your 227 works and if you can play on the MM servers now.

Kami
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

grrrr, I hate to give up on a problem so I did another test. I added all jurassic dinos to the monster list, except the Velociraptor and Dilophosaur. Then I entered the game with my 225 and believe it or not, no problems or crashes. It seems that removing these 2 dinos can fix the problem. Ok, these 2 are really cute, fast, dangerous and annoying, but if they cause the crashes it makes no sense to use them.
Next thing I will try is to seperate both from jurassic and do a recompile of their whole script. Together with seperate uax files for the sounds they maybe could work.

LOL Minus I'm still fighting with english. Dictionary and google translation are my most used tools :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kami
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

I removed the two monsters in question, see if Gold works now?
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Yesterday I played on both MM and MM Inf on my Tacorized Unreal Gold Patched w/227F setup..hehehe..No crash, Very nice connection..still trying to get used to the menu...I kept hitting some Admin Menu thingy...I know I didnt follow Kami's And Minu's all of the advice 100% but im just so happy Im able to play again...but now I find my self with a new problem...now I got to devide my game time between between my 2 loves...Unreal and DOD :D :D :D

..and Kami..THANK YOU MA'AM...you rock! I dont know where you find the time!
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I played several maps on the MM server with 225 and had no problems. In one map was even a whole dino zoo :lol: :lol: :lol:
So removing these two problem dinos really seems to fix it.
I'm so happy Taco, that you finally can play the servers again. :D :D :D
Hehe told you, you will need a little patience with it :lol:

WOOF WOOF
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Maybe I will soon visit ya in then Co-Op server..after I have killed all the MM monsters 1st..lol..the thing is....I like the MM action..when I got to Co-Op....not many monsters to shoot and got to wait at "END" till some one decides to ask "END?" lol...Im asleep by then..haha
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

here is the result of my final test, I took the Velociraptor for it.

I made a new class for this dino. Of course I can do only a child class of Velociraptor. The reason is, that I can extract sounds, textures and the script, but not the meshes and animations. For these I still need the original Velociraptor class. I also still need the parent class dino, which is the parent class for all dinos in the jurassic mod.
I copied the whole Velociraptor script over to the child class and recompiled it without any problems.

When I added this new dino to the MM server and tested it, the result was a disaster. Game crash and server crash :lol: :lol: :lol:
I also checked the sound definitions. The Velociraptor uses 16 sounds, 5 are defined in the Pawn class (these are common sounds), 4 are defined in ScriptedPawn and 7 are defined in the Velociraptor script itself. I couldn't find any problems here.
At last I tried a clean rebuild from the command line, but it stopped with an error which I don't understand.

That was the last thing I could try at the moment. For this problem an experienced Unreal script coder is needed. With my little knowledge of UScript, C++ and Java it's impossible to find a solution.
But without these 2 dinos there shouldn't be any problems. Had not a single crash on the MM server with 225 since Sparky removed these 2 from the monster list.

Kami
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

GoodOleTaco wrote:Maybe I will soon visit ya in then Co-Op server..after I have killed all the MM monsters 1st..lol..the thing is....I like the MM action..when I got to Co-Op....not many monsters to shoot and got to wait at "END" till some one decides to ask "END?" lol...Im asleep by then..haha

LOL, you should try SpaceMarines some time, believe me, action enough :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep I agree, the MM server has of course more action and it could really be fun to play it, but there are some disadvantages which give more frustration than fun. I mean each map lasts 15 minutes, and in these 15 minutes I want to have fun in the game. Let me explain it in more detail.

Imagine the following:
You were killed and respawn again. You have 100 hp and an Automag with 50 shots. In some distance in front of you a Dragonfly with shield fires at you. From the left a SkaarjGunner with upgraded Eightball. A little above you is a SkaarjSniper shooting you. In your back you hear a Pteradactyl, of course with shield. From the right is a bunch of Flies attacking you and on the left Pupaes coming, of course one has also a shield. Just in front of you a Brute with shield attacks you.

Tell me, what do you think how long can I survive? I guess 5 seconds is the maximum. The above is not invented, just happened to me in one of the last maps I played. This happens similiar each time I try to respawn in a map. I mean, I have not really a chance to come into the game. Most of the time I'm just killed at once when I respawn. This is not really fun, but the worst of all is the weapon switch. Each time I touch a weapon on the ground, switching. Just in this moment the monsters have easy play 'cause I can't defend myself.

I was looking for a way to make it more fun and changed some settings of my MM testserver. I activated keep current weapon, no more weapon switches, only when ammo is empty. I activated keep weapons, when you die you'll keep the weapons you already picked up.

This way you really have a chance after you died to come back into the game after respawning. And believe me it's still very hard, but you have a chance to play. The monsters are very dangerous and using upgrades. Later on more dangerous monsters spawning like the hunters.
But with the normal settings MM is only frustrating. I really like the action and played not only normal coop in the past, but a game with more die than playing is no fun.
I mean the main time of the 15 minutes I'm dead and respawning, but not really playing. Only in bigger maps you have a chance to play, but there are many small maps.

Kami
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

You were killed and respawn again. You have 100 hp and an Automag with 50 shots. In some distance in front of you a Dragonfly with shield fires at you. From the left a SkaarjGunner with upgraded Eightball. A little above you is a SkaarjSniper shooting you. In your back you hear a Pteradactyl, of course with shield. From the right is a bunch of Flies attacking you and on the left Pupaes coming, of course one has also a shield. Just in front of you a Brute with shield attacks you.
Oh thats when the full Power of the SAUCE kicks in!!! Believe me..that scenario is easy..add a Warlord and a Stone Titan..then it gets interesting :D :D :D
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Yes Kami, spawning at the wrong place can be very annoying :(

It also depends a bit on the map and how many players there are.
In a small map u got a BIG chance ur immediately spotted by monsters = death.
When there are more players, well, u got a chance then. Just hope the monsters will pursuit someone else :)

When i'm alone, and a small maps starts, i usually skip it right away. But with 5 players there...well, we got a chance :)
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

So far...Unreal working fine. Unreal Gold with 227 patch..hehehe. (**Minus prob roling eyes :roll:)

Only problem I get now is when Im running TeamSpeak, Unreal sound gets real bad....then it goes off completly. I have to turn off TS to get Unreal sound working properly.

Any ideas?