Taco Problem

Posts related to MM 850 and MM INF servers
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: Taco Problem

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

GoodOleTaco wrote:Thank u Kami...Ill let u know how it went
And when it works again, stop messing around with ur comp !!!!!!
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

yeah..thank you Ruud..Good idea,..why didnt I thnk of that
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Played for a full 5 minutes and no crash!!! but I had to leave server because ping was 500-700..lol
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

gRRRRRR!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: NEVERMIND! happened Again..I give up :x
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

Oh no!!! You will not give up!!!

I did a little research on your problem. The reason why your game always crashes is the Velociraptor in the MM mod. This one also crashes my 225f. With 226f there is no problem.
You need to do a soundupdate of your Unreal Gold which is 226b if i'm right. I don't know if you already tried the patches I suggested before, but if not you should do it and see if that helps.

1.) Make a copy of your whole UnrealGold\System folder and put it to a safe place.
2.) Try the patches and see if that works.
3.) If it doesn't work, just delete the whole System folder and copy your backup back. This way you will not mess up your game.

We will find a solution for your problem. I never give up. I made a little testmap for you, so you can try it out offline. If that map will work for you, then it also will work on the MM servers.
I need an email address where I can send it to.
My email is: Kami_Lunar@hotmail.de so let me know where I can send the testmap.

WOOF WOOF

Kami
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

I made a change Kami suggested to Woofersville, see if you can stay in now Me Mexican Friend. I think its something about you being uglier than the monsters.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

hahahaha...I think you got me beat in the "Ugly Dept"

Ok...will try right now..brb
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

sigh....3 minutes..then crash
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

I did try going in with no sound..even went in with sys file old guy sent me...still crashing..re-installed XP too as he suggested
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

Sorry that it didn't work yet. I have not installed UnrealGold at the moment, but have the same problem with 225. I played several maps on server with my 226 and there wasn't any Velociraptor spawning.
So I don't understand why you still get this error message. I checked all dinos from jurassic and no other one is using Velociraptor sound. The test I made with my 225 was in SP and there is no problem without the Velociraptor.
Then I entered the server with my 225 and wasn't even able to play a full map. I got nearly the same crash message, but with another dino.
I will go on with making tests and finding a solution for your problem, but I will need a little help with it. So Taco, please, please let me know if you already tried one of the media patches for UnrealGold.

Without informations it's much harder for me and I'm not an expert with UScript. I have some reading from Tim Sweeny about this problem, but is still not easy to understand for me.
However, I will go on with searching for a way to fix your problem.

Kami
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Minus wrote:Sent you a PM Tacoman.Should resolve all of your problems. ;)
Now plz send me such PM as well... i wanna get rid of all my problems as well :mrgreen:

Or others can enjoy ur solution :)
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, John. John, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going.
There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

There is a funny side to all of this..after all these years, I finally become an admin...and I cant even play the game ROTFL! Go figure.. :D

Scratch that...I can play...but not on the only 2 servers I want to play in ;)
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Ok...did a Taco aka Big Duh! I dl Unreal..patched to 227. Right off I didnt like interface..So used to Gold...so Mr Taco decides..what the heck...run the patch on Gold...hehehe...I can just see everyone rolling their eyes..lol..So I fires it up....see same Interface...everthing so big..menu so diff...but I try to go in INF server...and..guess what.....Played for a full half hour with no CRASH!!! So..did I mess up my Gold or did I fixed it??? :D