Sidney 'Clawfist' Rauchberger Death Match Maps

Questions, Informations and Discussions
Oldsparky

Sidney 'Clawfist' Rauchberger Death Match Maps

Post by Oldsparky »

http://newbies.thenerdnetwork.com/np/un ... st%20Maps/

This map author made some great DM maps and has moved on to other games. A google search for his name is interesting reading. I emailed him but have received no response. Anyone that knew this guy when he was in Unreal 1 or does anyone have any maps to add?

Perhaps a ClawFist weekend is called for.

Comments please.

Other forums may use this compilation of maps on our download page. Just indicate where the link is taking you. This is available in a map pack if anyone is interested.
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

Clawfist is (in my opinion) the 2nd best mapper ever to have worked for Unreal One. His maps are usually well thought out and of a high standard regarding playability but sometimes not everyone's taste. The man sometimes follows through his own ideas showing something that hasn't been done before with Unreal Ed...

He does make mistakes in maps, as a few lift killer bugs/deathzones, badly placed items (original Teetok superhealth and armor would be destroyed when trap triggered) and one occasion of a continuous lightning show that assaults the human eye demonstrate, but they are rare.

You can expect almost all of his maps to be kickass, playable and enjoyable. You will hate some because of the quirks and unique styles Clawfist follows though.

Clawfist also made one or more RealCTF maps, unfortunately relying on activated tractor beams.

As far as I know Epic hired him as mapper for Unreal Tournament, otherwise I can't explain how many of the standard maps UT ships with have his name on it.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

I have to revise my opinion slightly.

I haven't had all of the maps listed here, and seems some of Clawfist's older works have a few problems. For example both of the "skoor" titles appear to have been done in 226(??) - at any rate they crash in 224.

So, consider my above posts mainly for his later maps :)
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-