Relax maps

Questions, Informations and Discussions
quasi
FOD
FOD

Post by quasi »

k, nvm found it, now to find the edit button.
quasi
FOD
FOD

Post by quasi »

k, got the problem :)
took me a while to get to the problem. had to play the entire map to see what problem you meant :) map is kinda long with hidden / not-so-obvious stuff :)

seems like the end teleporter misses a URL to teleport to. i couldnt find any maps it should be teleporting to. None of the beginnings of the other maps in the package seem like the end of this map (at least not to me). If you know what map should come after this one or know a map you want to play after this one i can set it for ya :)
jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

that what make it crash on a server playing. if running in a server it crashes in that hallway i dont think there was another map.but there one thing it like to see if a gateway map could be added to the to set up for all the sires maps like on UT coop maps. like adding attacked,archworks ,and soon. i know this asking alot but i thank you for doing this. there been many time people tryed having this done but end up not happening. i know alot of server owners like to see this. i know alot of them from playing coop before i went to dm.i still like playing coop.i run a coop server to test maps on maybe we can got threw some of them together and show u what need to be done. again i thank you very much for your time.
jàçká£-(DOG)-
quasi
FOD
FOD

Post by quasi »

a gateway map?
like one main hall and everytime you finish a map you get send into the hall with the next door opened so you can play a new map (and previous ones aswell)? like in spyro ?

that would make everyone walk into a different portal in multiplayer mode :?

and that would mean you'd need a map which is constantly running, cause everytime you switch maps data is reset. So the server should get a package from the "end teleporter" to open another portal and give it to the hallway map :? easierst way would be either pasting all maps together into one big one with the endings coming together in one giant hall (big map => more memory needed => more crashing)

a well, first i need to figure out what a gateway map is xD
quasi
FOD
FOD

Post by quasi »

after an hour download i checked out the star map :o
seems cool _
just some door with a |2| was being annoying, maybe cause i didnt flip a switch or something :)
didnt see any monsters either, i think you got them all while i was downloading :P
the men gave me an idea to make some kinda neutral bot / monster which turns friendly when you touch it and goes hostile when you hurt it too much :o
jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

that map didnt have any monsters. it was the complex for the gate. to start to other map but it needs work on . i spawned in a black room it to be a teleport traveling map to the next gate. the maps are on newbies download coop i think it stargate fixed.zip
jàçká£-(DOG)-
jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

hey quasi any report on the maps
jàçká£-(DOG)-
quasi
FOD
FOD

Post by quasi »

ow hi :) yeah, didnt figure out why the map only errors in multiplayer yet, but working on a gateway for maps now :) i wanna make portals to maps like in some DM map i dunno the name of but everyone knows it :) its the one with the "hidden wall" where you can look at some bridge downstairs with a razorjack on it.
jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

cool!! so you need map names for the map. how many teleporters you going to have in it? when your done let me know. i have 3 im service i can use if it not to big you can email it to me. thanks
jàçká£-(DOG)-
quasi
FOD
FOD

Post by quasi »

i seem to have somehow killed my D drive :(
got old anyways, was like 6 GB and only used for unreal.
data recovery tool wont work on it -_-
i recently deleted the image-cd of my unreal xD
so now i can go look in this mess where i put my cd, at least i got all day off cause of gusts :)
quasi
FOD
FOD

Post by quasi »

its installed on a new disc :)
jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

ok im back in here now
jàçká£-(DOG)-
Oldsparky

Progress

Post by Oldsparky »

jackal-(DOG)- wrote:ok im back in here now
Is this still going on or did it fall off the map?
quasi
FOD
FOD

Post by quasi »

i never see jackal :(
but im working on a spyro the dragon kinda thing now :o
now to find a way to make U1 like a world with teleportals so you can go back to the maps you've unlocked by beating them, without having a chance to go into the other ones yet.
And without having to include the entire mappackage for downloading :)
cause its kinda big, and knowing everyone already has the maps there must be some kinda way, but ima find out :o
jackal-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by jackal-(DOG)- »

im still around. been playing dod some. and working.you can email me .it be faster reply.
jàçká£-(DOG)-